OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 20, 2014, 10:51:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When Contraceptives Fail, Doctors Must Abound  (Read 181 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« on: November 18, 2012, 07:32:00 PM »

52,000 more doctors will be needed in U.S. by 2025, study claims

A growing and aging population, along with increased access to health insurance, will create the need for 52,000 more primary care doctors within the United States by 2025, according to a new study.

The researchers wanted to estimate how many such doctors the health care system would need because of the passage of 2010’s Affordable Care Act, which will give an estimated 34 million more Americans access to health insurance...
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 07:50:08 PM »

Lots of luck.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 08:20:03 PM »

Lots of luck.

I already have a doctor. He was raised and educated in S. America, and I sometimes wonder how rigorous their medical schooling is, but overall he seems quite good. Thanks. Unless you meant the contraception part, in which case I am using the involuntarily-celibate method, which has worked thus far.  Grin
ialmisry
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 09:10:14 PM »

Lots of luck.

I already have a doctor. He was raised and educated in S. America, and I sometimes wonder how rigorous their medical schooling is, but overall he seems quite good. Thanks. Unless you meant the contraception part, in which case I am using the involuntarily-celibate method, which has worked thus far.  Grin
Yeah, its a b---- how well that works.

The luck was for the system as a whole.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 09:11:42 PM »

A growing and aging population, along with increased access to health insurance, will create the need for 52,000 more primary care doctors within the United States by 2025, according to a new study.

The researchers wanted to estimate how many such doctors the health care system would need because of the passage of 2010’s Affordable Care Act, which will give an estimated 34 million more Americans access to health insurance...

Time to reform the University system in America now, especially medical school so that primary care physician becomes a reasonable job to work toward.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 09:21:55 PM »

Time to reform the University system in America now, especially medical school so that primary care physician becomes a reasonable job to work toward.
My son is aiming for GP, but he might have to go for research, where the scholarships and grants are (and where he is smart enough to get them).

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: