OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 12:43:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 why you should all grow a beard!  (Read 10057 times) Average Rating: 0
William
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: None

« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2011, 10:10:04 PM »

Greatest site EVER.

A website dedicated to mocking the various aspects of the Christian faith. Certainly not a website I'd call "great."

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. - Matt. 5:24
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2011, 11:21:16 AM »

The owner of the website had a major butthurt against Liberty U. I remember hearing about it. He got kicked out for some radio thing he did and now he's all butthurt. I think the site is kind of insulting, kind of funny too.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2011, 03:34:32 PM »

Greatest site EVER.

A website dedicated to mocking the various aspects of the Christian faith. Certainly not a website I'd call "great."
Fundamentalism should be mocked, for it's largely because of Fundamentalists that Christianity is despised throughout the world.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 03:37:46 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
William
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2011, 09:39:48 PM »

Greatest site EVER.

Fundamentalism should be mocked, for it's largely because of Fundamentalists that Christianity is despised throughout the world.

That website doesn't just mock Fundamentalism, though.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 09:40:08 PM by William » Logged

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. - Matt. 5:24
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2011, 09:42:08 PM »

Greatest site EVER.

Learn to laugh at yourself.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2011, 09:43:28 PM »

Greatest site EVER.

Does it mock hyperdoxy?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
William
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2011, 09:48:59 PM »

Greatest site EVER.

Does it mock hyperdoxy?
No, this forum accomplished that.

William
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2011, 09:53:26 PM »

Greatest site EVER.

Learn to laugh at yourself.

What does laughing at myself have to do with this?

Anywhere, here is a page with quite a few examples of where the site's satire goes beyond simply mocking Fundamentalsits and mocks the Bible and all of the Christian faith.

Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2011, 10:19:23 PM »

I'm still not growing a beard. I don't care what anyone says.

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2011, 10:25:37 PM »

I'm still not growing a beard. I don't care what anyone says.
But Anastasia, you would look hawt in one.

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2011, 10:30:49 PM »

Greatest site EVER.

Does it mock hyperdoxy?
No, this forum accomplished that.

LOL touche

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Punch
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2011, 06:05:09 PM »

I was going to say, "Some," but let's take it in this direction.

What about vice versa? I think, at least here in the US, it's overwhelmingly true for how men want women to be as we were when we were 9 or 10.

No, only Pedobear wants that. 

Orthodox only because of God and His Russians.
ironchapman
A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
High Elder

Faith: Serious inquirer into Orthodoxy.

« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2011, 01:34:04 AM »

I am in the process of participating in No Shave November. We shall see how my beard looks on the 30th.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2011, 03:30:39 AM »

I am in the process of participating in No Shave November. We shall see how my beard looks on the 30th.

Dead to me.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2011, 04:51:32 PM »

Are you on a hockey team?  Smiley

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2011, 07:29:33 PM »

Dead to me.
Ouch. What's wrong with this particular tradition?

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
William
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2012, 05:29:13 PM »

Dead to me.

What year is it?

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2012, 05:43:58 PM »

Dead to me.

What year is it?
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2012, 05:53:02 PM »

Dead to me.

What year is it?

Alas, Peter, Peter, the fleeting years glide by.

On a temporary/semi-permanent/permanent vacation from OC.net.
A Slice Of Life

Jurisdiction: Uncharted Waters.

« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2012, 01:31:05 PM »

I've been told i suit a beard, although i keep mine well trimmed and tidy, i can't be doing with this wild man stuff its too unruly and itchy.My former work place used to put pressure on its workers to be clean shaven before every shift, however after a 2 week break i returned with a beard to which i got utterly slaughtered.

The management were pulling all sorts of '' rules '' from out under their backsides and threatening to send me home or dock my wages...

Despite this the ladies liked it and i found that the rule about people seeking help from beards to be true...when shaven i was invisible, when bearded i was the answer to everything...was surreal.

I have since kept the beard as frankly, i grew tired of being told what i can and cannot do with my own appearance.

I also noted the only people apart from egotistical management who had a problem with it, were the younger lads who were still spouting fluff and older guys who grew patches...

But in general nobody could care less, it was only a beard.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 01:32:00 PM by A Slice Of Life » Logged

Tags: Beards 
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: