Author Topic: Good & Scholarly Sources About Archduke Ferdinand?  (Read 364 times)

Offline Severian

• Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and help my unbelief!
  • Taxiarches
  • The Patriarch Saint Severus of Antioch
    • St. Jacob Baradeus' Orthodox Christian Fellowship
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria
Good & Scholarly Sources About Archduke Ferdinand?
« on: November 17, 2012, 09:18:36 AM »
Could anyone provide me with some reputable and scholarly sources concerning the assassinated Archduke Ferdinand of Austria-Hungary? I have to write a paper on him for my history class and this assignment is worth a whopping portion of our grade.

God bless and please pray for me. :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 09:19:03 AM by Severian »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. -The Lord Jesus

The Saviour is made of elements which are distinct from one another yet He is not two Persons. God forbid! For both natures are one by the combination. -St. Gregory Nazianzen

Offline Ioannis Climacus

• High Elder
  • "There is no religion higher than TRUTH"
Re: Good & Scholarly Sources About Archduke Ferdinand?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 12:40:21 PM »
Is there something in particular you are looking for (i.e. the assassination, an overview of his life, his controversial marriage)? While I have never read a book strictly on him, I know people who could give you a recommendation. House Habsburg is an interest/obsession of mine, but unfortunately most of my readings have dealt with earlier periods.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 12:45:35 PM by Ioannis Climacus »
Note : Many of my posts (especially the ones antedating late 2012) do not reflect charity, tact, or even views I presently hold. Please forgive me for any antagonism I have caused.

Offline Severian

• Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and help my unbelief!
  • Taxiarches
  • The Patriarch Saint Severus of Antioch
    • St. Jacob Baradeus' Orthodox Christian Fellowship
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria
Re: Good & Scholarly Sources About Archduke Ferdinand?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 02:10:39 PM »
(i.e. the assassination, an overview of his life, his controversial marriage)?
Anything regarding these issues will do, thank you very much. :)
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. -The Lord Jesus

The Saviour is made of elements which are distinct from one another yet He is not two Persons. God forbid! For both natures are one by the combination. -St. Gregory Nazianzen