OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 17, 2014, 09:09:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Spirit (Scotch, Gin, etc.)  (Read 1766 times) Average Rating: 0
Ionnis
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2013, 06:54:45 PM »

Gin is my all-time favorite.  I also enjoy absinthe on occasion, but it is a bit expensive so it is a rare treat.  I enjoy Benedictine and Becherovka.  I like most things with a distinct herbal taste and smell.  I like Campari too. 

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

Faith: Melkite Greek-Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2013, 10:29:41 PM »

Like Arachne, Drambuie is my first choice, with a single ice cube. Irish Mist is second; after that it's Arak - both also drunk with a single ice cube. Most choices beyond those would be liquors, with the occasional bourbon.

Many years,

Neil

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2013, 10:32:53 PM »

Like Arachne, Drambuie is my first choice, with a single ice cube. Irish Mist is second; after that it's Arak - both also drunk with a single ice cube. Most choices beyond those would be liquors, with the occasional bourbon.

Many years,

Neil

Irish Mist and Arak. Irish Melkite indeed. Wink

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2013, 10:35:21 PM »

Many years,

Neil

Irish Mist and Arak. Irish Melkite indeed. Wink

LOL - as I hit 'post', I thought about that and wondered whether anyone would pick up on it Cheesy

Many years,

Neil

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2013, 10:12:58 AM »

So, I don't think I am much of a Bourbon man.  Gentlemen Jack is smooth, but there is something not hitting the spot.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2013, 10:29:18 AM »

Can anyone explain where there aren't nearly as many high-end Irish whiskeys available compared to Scotch? I only see Redbreast at the shops around here.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 10:29:38 AM by Iconodule » Logged

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
jmbejdl
Count-Palatine James the Spurious of Giggleswick on the Naze
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Romania

Great Martyr St. John the New of Suceava

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2013, 10:33:13 AM »

Can anyone explain where there aren't nearly as many high-end Irish whiskeys available compared to Scotch? I only see Redbreast at the shops around here.

It's the same here as well, and Ireland's just next door. Maybe they simply don't make as many? Anyone here tried the one and only Welsh Whisky, Penderyn? It's very good if you can get hold of it, though until recently I'd only ever seen it in Wales when I was at university there, so I'm not sure if it can even be found outside the UK.

James

We owe greater gratitude to those who humble us, wrong us, and douse us with venom, than to those who nurse us with honour and sweet words, or feed us with tasty food and confections, for bile is the best medicine for our soul. - Elder Paisios of Mount Athos
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2013, 07:08:29 AM »

Penderyn can be had in the States and Canada, but it's not easy to find- only about 2 dozen retailers nationwide in the US - half of them on the West Coast, a cluster of about 4 or 5 in CO (not sure why that is) and the remaining hald dozen chiefly in the CT and NYC areas. In Canada, the sole retailer is in Vancouver, I believe. It's very nice!

Has anyone ever had the opportunity to try ManX - from the Isle of Man? I've been trying to get my nephew to bring back a bottle from his next trip home to Ireland.

Many years,

Neil

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: