OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 27, 2014, 08:32:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Poll
Question: Homosexuality comes up frequenbtly on Orthodox forums because..
Some folks who need Prozac aren't on it yet. - 19 (26.8%)
Since drunkeness, adultery, theft and dishonesty have been eradicated it's the only sin left to fight - 10 (14.1%)
Apparently most Orthodox Christians have lots of gay family, friends and associates - 7 (9.9%)
Orthodox forums attract a lot of self torturing closet cases and men with doubts about thier own masculinity - 20 (28.2%)
Some folks who need Prozac aren't on it yet. - 15 (21.1%)
Total Voters: 71

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet Another Gay Marriage Thread  (Read 70946 times) Average Rating: 0
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #225 on: May 11, 2009, 02:19:23 PM »

Listen guys

I do not like "professional controvercy" and I don't like people questioning my credibility for the sake of controversy.
Actually, Theoprovlitos, this is not a matter of people questioning your credibility for the sake of controversy.  This is a matter of you posting vile accusations against a canonical hierarch of the Body of Christ, accusations that can be deemed libel if you cannot provide sufficient proof of their veracity.  You cannot rest on a credibility you haven't earned yet and seem hellbent on destroying with your alarmist, possibly slanderous claims.

I havev provided you with liks which if you made a research you would have EASILY found out that the bishop ios involved. I cannot waste my time with people who call me a fraud.
Then take the time to prove that you are NOT a fraud.  You are the one arguing a case against a bishop of the Finnish Orthodox Church.  According to the rules of courtroom debate--maybe one of our attorneys can correct me where I err--the burden of proof is on you to prove your case against the bishop and to do whatever research and translation is necessary to accomplish this end.  We, the jury, bear no responsibility to conduct any research outside of a mere review of the evidence you have provided.  So don't ask us to do what you refuse (i.e., are too lazy?) to waste your time doing.

Anyhow my point was not to proof myself a cdredulous person but to make this public so that peorple are aware of this worldwide and that those who are percecuted in Finland becasue they protest will get some help.

I guess aritcles and links in Finnish or Greek won't do any help to you or would they?

Here is the list of Orthodox Priests who are active memebrs of Yhteys WITH the blessing of the local bishop becasue I suppose it is obvious that Orthodox priests cannot participate actively and in public in such organizations without the bishops permission

http://www.yhteys.org/ortodoksit_frame.html

Here is the link of the Finnish Ecumenist counsil where the secretary is an Orthodox priest, same as in Yhteys homosexual group

http://www.ekumenia.fi/yhteystiedot_kontakt/

And here is the Orthodox Gay Fellowship where the theological secretary of the Archbishop himslef, supports openly gay activists since 2007, whao wrote in their "orthodox" magazine the Christ was gay and that Church should blesses homosexaual weddings.

I am too tired to search for more. If you don't believe me that is YOUR problem. I do not live in Finland.

http://sateenkaariseura.wordpress.com/articles-from-other-sites/double-life/
Still awaiting a proper Finnish translation of these web pages from those of our posters who do live in Finland...
Theoprovlitos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek

« Reply #226 on: May 11, 2009, 04:07:47 PM »

Thank God

Because you guys remind my of those people when a woman goes to report a rape to the police and the policement start making hints that she was propably asking for it.

Anyway I still belive that writing here is a loss of time but I found more links from previous activities which are actually published by the gay mafia. But if one is TRULY orthodox by reading between the line she gets the message.

http://www.rainbowchristians.com/articles/entry/Homosexuality-issue-Complicating-Relationships-Between-the-Orthodox-in-Russia-and-Finland

HOORAY

Now some big mouth will shut

Go to Google
Search  ambrosius finland gay
Go to result no 4 and THERE IT IS

EUROPEAN FORUM OF LESBIAN & GAY CHRISTIAN GROUPS 2009Orthodox bishop Ambrosius; Shaking hands with each other, Map of Europe ... General secterary, Father Heikki Huttunen, Ecumenical Counsel of Finland, ...
www.yhteys.org/ef2009b.html - 8k - Cached - Similar pages

Because the name was removed TODAY google hasn't updated the link and so the ORTHODOX BISHOP's AMBROSIUS's name is FIRST IN LINE and the subject of his speach: Shaking hands with each other (and maybe more than hands).

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=ambrosius+finland+gay&btnG=Search&meta=

Now the fact that his name was removed makes him even responsible and guilty for what is going on.

Of course those who were critisizing me have nothing to say as well as about the fact that the General Secretary of Ecumenist Counsil is an Orthodox priest

lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Boston

« Reply #227 on: May 11, 2009, 04:33:39 PM »

• 21.00-Orthodox vesper, supper, saunas

Shocked
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 04:34:03 PM by lubeltri » Logged
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #228 on: May 11, 2009, 04:34:24 PM »

Thank God

Because you guys remind my of those people when a woman goes to report a rape to the police and the policement start making hints that she was propably asking for it.
Sorry.  Don't see the connection here.

Anyway I still belive that writing here is a loss of time but I found more links from previous activities which are actually published by the gay mafia. But if one is TRULY orthodox by reading between the line she gets the message.

http://www.rainbowchristians.com/articles/entry/Homosexuality-issue-Complicating-Relationships-Between-the-Orthodox-in-Russia-and-Finland
Thank you.  Evidence to suggest that maybe there is something to your claim that maybe the Finnish Orthodox Church is more supportive of gays than you like, whatever all that means. Undecided  But also note that the same article states that many even in the Finnish Orthodox Church are uncomfortable with this "openness".  I'm also not convinced that this circumstantial evidence, if that's what it can be called, can be used as proof of your specific claim that the Orthodox bishop of Finland helped organize an ecumenist gay conference for later this month.

HOORAY

Now some big mouth will shut

Go to Google
Search  ambrosius finland gay
Go to result no 4 and THERE IT IS

EUROPEAN FORUM OF LESBIAN & GAY CHRISTIAN GROUPS 2009Orthodox bishop Ambrosius; Shaking hands with each other, Map of Europe ... General secterary, Father Heikki Huttunen, Ecumenical Counsel of Finland, ...
www.yhteys.org/ef2009b.html - 8k - Cached - Similar pages

Because the name was removed TODAY google hasn't updated the link and so the ORTHODOX BISHOP's AMBROSIUS's name is FIRST IN LINE and the subject of his speach: Shaking hands with each other (and maybe more than hands).

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=ambrosius+finland+gay&btnG=Search&meta=

Now the fact that his name was removed makes him even responsible and guilty for what is going on.
Maybe Bishop Ambrosius's name was removed from the list after you copied it to your blog, or maybe there's another explanation why His Grace's name still appears in the Google hit when it no longer appears on the linked web page.  I certainly can't say that I buy your explanation, since His Grace may have also had his name removed--if it was ever there to begin with--for much more noble reasons--maybe he repented under pressure from his flock and withdrew all support for the conference.  All I'm saying is that there are more viable explanations than just the one you offered here.

Of course those who were critisizing me have nothing to say as well as about the fact that the General Secretary of Ecumenist Counsil is an Orthodox priest
An issue unrelated to the OP of this thread, but truly an issue about which we SHOULD be concerned even based on what little proof you've offered here.  However, tying this back into your OP, I don't see this as necessarily a reflection against the whole body of the Orthodox Church of Finland.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 06:40:37 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Theoprovlitos

« Reply #229 on: May 11, 2009, 05:31:42 PM »

Peter, honestly, does someone PAY you to erite the things that you write? Google presents the results WITH the bishops name, and so have I added the link in my blog 4 days ago. And I also wrote a letter to the ecumenical Patriarchate Fr Elpidoforos Lambriniadis more specifically presenting all the facts. And then the following day the bishops name disapears from the list of lecturers (while the link remains the same) and I finally due to the accusations towards my person that all this is a fraud I managed to located google's results as the link was appearing till yesterday and you are now suggesting that I made a consipracy with google to frame the bishop? Are you serious?

And how about the other priests which still appear on the link which is public of course? Are you suggesting that those priests are secretely participating in the conference adn the bishop hasn't noticed?

Can't you recognize that the situation in Finland is like hell and we have in one of those links the Archbishop's Theological Secretary Jyrki Harkonen calling the state to take measures against the Church he belongs and he is getting paid from, if that Church does not approve homosexuality?

The "Orthodox" magazines aren't they enough? Are you gay or Freemason? Because I do not get your point and the reason why youy are doing this.
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #230 on: May 11, 2009, 05:54:39 PM »

1. In the original text the name of the Bishop was removed today in PANIC after I informed about the conference the Constantinople, Moscow, Bulgarian and other Patriarchates and Churches. However other Orthodox participants in the program play an important role in the Finnish Church. But you can still find the name of the same bishop in the Freemason page on the other post.

It's only your word.

And Google.com's word.

Google.com's cached version of the page features the name of Bishop Ambrosios as Theoprovlitos has said.

http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache:p6DVxgG7dLkJ:www.yhteys.org/ef2009b.html+%22Sexual+orientation,+identification+and+means+of+power+use+and+violence%22&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=nz

If that won't work for you because it is Google.com New Zealand then do a Google search using the phrase "Sexual orientation, identification and means of power use and violence"

Click on Google's CACHED version of the page.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #231 on: May 11, 2009, 05:57:25 PM »

Well, the phrase "removed today in PANIC after I informed about the conference" is certainly a bit much, no?  You yourself admit that the name was removed merely one day after you mailed a letter to Constantinople (simply put: far too quickly for it to have reached them, for them to "PANIC," and then remove the name from the website) and the other churches.

Since it can be clearly demonstrated that his name was removed, how about clear justification?  Is he not going to participate?  Is he sick and unable to go?  Has he been reprimanded not to participate in this gathering?

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #232 on: May 11, 2009, 06:01:07 PM »

Are you gay or Freemason?

Because he disagrees or has issues with your presentation, you automatically assume he's gay or a Freemason?

Because I do not get your point and the reason why youy are doing this.

It's probably for the sake of preventing rumors from being spread needlessly.  There are plenty of stories that come here to OrthodoxChristianity.net - some of which are newsworthy and true, and others which are nothing more than libel and rumor.  We, who are hearers of the news, must be careful in receiving it, lest we be misled by false sources and those who are determined to tear the Church down (from within or without).

What you have claimed seems like it could indeed be true; but there is enough question in the sources and references to provide a "reasonable doubt."

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #233 on: May 11, 2009, 06:23:42 PM »

Because I do not get your point and the reason why youy are doing this.

It's probably for the sake of preventing rumors from being spread needlessly.  There are plenty of stories that come here to OrthodoxChristianity.net - some of which are newsworthy and true, and others which are nothing more than libel and rumor.  We, who are hearers of the news, must be careful in receiving it, lest we be misled by false sources and those who are determined to tear the Church down (from within or without).

What you have claimed seems like it could indeed be true; but there is enough question in the sources and references to provide a "reasonable doubt."
Exactly what I'm trying to communicate. Grin
Theoprovlitos

« Reply #234 on: May 11, 2009, 06:44:52 PM »

Well I can't know who is who. And I wrote a message here ( I didn't even know this forum before) because a friend of mine from California suggested that I should bring this to the surface because the situation in Finland is like this several years now, people complain to the bishop who never responds, others are being persecuted, they threaten the Orthodox Monsatery of New Valaam with boycott if they do not accept their ideas and nothing happens as long as this remains a private and a local issue.

People are translating the same texts as me and they send then over to Moscow asking them to start a local jurisdiction in Finland so that they can leave the Finnish Orthodox church. Last year it happend again and I send a leteer to the same person in the Patriarchate and the Synod of Finland isued an announcement that all tha tare exagerations of fanatics. The Synod's answer ws forwarded to me and I have it in my hands. What must I do so that I become reliable? Publish official documents in forums and in blogs?

I let it go for some months and then the Finnish Archbishop scandalized again last November when he gave an intervew to the Lutheran magazine Kotimaa claiming more or less that a married gay cannot only become clergy. Meaning that he serve in any other place in the Church or be gay but not married. Again I wrote about it to the blog and there was a special meeting there to see what the will do and the archbishop again started making up exvuses.

Now this was TOO MUCH. A gay conference with Lutheran gays who just accepted transexual pastors and a forum with Free masons that was too much. Again Finnish friends were sending me emails and info about what is going on here. And becasue they happen to work for the church and they have been thretened of losing their jobs I decided to help them out being in Greece, married to a Finnish wife and I know those people too well, since in the past we were friends with many of them.

When I mentioned letter to the Patriarchate I meant email letter with attachments from bishops activities. The perosn in the Patriarchate sow with his own eyes what was there. And becasue he was already furious with the local bishop since last year (he said angrily on the phone that his carrier is over) obviouly he immediately contacted the bishop and in a while the very same night the bishops name was removed.

Here is the message they sent me from Finland through facebook

May 11 at 12:13am
Reply:
The local metropolitan's name seems to have disappeared from the "christian" gay meeting's program in Järvenpää. Something is going on....

Given that my email to the Patriarchate, to the Synod of the Chrurch of Greece external relations department FrS., Church of Cyprus, Bulgarian Patriarchate, Moscow Patrarcahte Fr.G.  and several bishops in America and Greece was sen the very same morning that gives me the strong impression that the Finnish bishop removed his name in panic.

The fact is that if the situation does not stop there is going to be a new schisms since many Finns will move to the Patriarchate of Moscow with the secret blessings even of Greeks. Becasue moral corruption in combination with fallacies is more than what one can stand.

The local Finnish syndo had her time to change root. Instead of that She is moving into a dark pit. They even reject the Epistles and the Old Testament as reflecting old fashioned cultural ideas of the Jews!
Theoprovlitos

« Reply #235 on: May 11, 2009, 06:56:10 PM »

Guys but I had at least three people doubting every single word I mentioned. I mean I gave a link it was rejected for not being in English I gave a page it wasn't valid becasue iut wsn;t a link, I gave a link then it wasn't agian good becasue irt has been changed by the Finns. I gave you at least 6-7 links and non ofe them was considered  as reliable. As if the fact that priests of the Orthdox diocese are participating in a gay conference with common prayers and introduction of heresies and immorality such as that gay priests can live openly with thei lovers. As if it wasn't enough that Fr Heikki Huttunen is the bishops right hand and represents the Lutheran Church equaly with the Orthodox beign the secretary of the Ecumenical counsel of Finland. This practically means that in interamntional forums he also represents the Protestants being an Orthodox priest! And this is why his theology is DEEPLY protestant.

You give me the impression that you are trying to cover up and hide the whole thing under the carpet by making fool of me.

Whoever doesn't want to believe then he won't believe it no matter what. For someone else who is watching the signs of the times half of the evidences I already presented were more than enough. What else can I say. If we all don't stand up and protest NOW agiasnt such phenomena soon you will have to deal with such heresies in your local church.
shep4569

« Reply #236 on: May 11, 2009, 07:06:22 PM »

It is also peculiar that all of a sudden you are new to the forum and the first and only things about which you post are very sensitive topics centered around the OC in Finland. I agree that Orthodox involvement in conferences and matters like this are troubling, but your posts and your tone are meant to convey hatred towards our brethren. You didn't want to start a discussion or inform us of something newsworthy, you wanted to stir up hatred. That's all the two topics you've started are about.

In Christ,
Logan

"The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord." - Job 1:21
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #237 on: May 11, 2009, 07:14:58 PM »

It is also peculiar that all of a sudden you are new to the forum and the first and only things about which you post are very sensitive topics centered around the OC in Finland. I agree that Orthodox involvement in conferences and matters like this are troubling, but your posts and your tone are meant to convey hatred towards our brethren. You didn't want to start a discussion or inform us of something newsworthy, you wanted to stir up hatred. That's all the two topics you've started are about.
If not hatred, then at least a panicked Chicken Little ("The sky is falling!") response.  If there's anything to be learned from the old children's tales, one thing I've learned is that a panicked tone most often shows one to be totally irrational and, therefore, unbelievable.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 07:21:33 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Theoprovlitos

« Reply #238 on: May 11, 2009, 07:36:50 PM »

Guys you only know or onle can know the peak of the iceberg. I belive that hatred towars the Finnish Orthodox Church should refer to evryone who is Finnish Orthodox. In this case we are talking about a rotten environemtn who has been for some years now altering our dogmas, forming a mafia and percecuting thos who keep protesting with no response.

Yes there is no more tolerance towards them and yes we are sick and tired having to deal with this and that, every now and then, and be unable to resist. And the more this remains a local issue the more these people misbehave. How would you feel id some gues were claiming that Jeus Christ was homosexualand you protest and their reply is that you are a fundamentalist? Here we do not have to do with human weaknesses or a fall. We have to deal with hypocricy, hatred from THEIR side, persecution and oppression. It is easy to critise when you are outside a certain situation, nicely and safely while your fellow brothers are suffering from heretical people who are step by step are taking over the Church.
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #239 on: May 11, 2009, 07:37:05 PM »

Shocked

Better than the sacristry as happens elsewhere.   Roll Eyes

Saunas are a normal part of Finish culture.  They are also a regular part of Russian culture.  Of course each time I went to the sauna (баня in Russian) it was a massive orgy of gay sex, so maybe you have a point.  Of course, you wouldn't want to take into account not imposing American cultural norms on a situation before making a snap judgement.  
Theoprovlitos

« Reply #240 on: May 11, 2009, 07:43:40 PM »

shep4569

Can you specify what do you call "Brothers". Because the gospel calls heretics as "heavy wolves" and not brothers. I am here to bring awareness for the existance of wolves disguised as sheep and tosupport the true brothers from them.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #241 on: May 11, 2009, 08:13:27 PM »

Guys you only know or onle can know the peak of the iceberg. I belive that hatred towars the Finnish Orthodox Church should refer to evryone who is Finnish Orthodox. In this case we are talking about a rotten environemtn who has been for some years now altering our dogmas, forming a mafia and percecuting thos who keep protesting with no response.

Yes there is no more tolerance towards them and yes we are sick and tired having to deal with this and that, every now and then, and be unable to resist. And the more this remains a local issue the more these people misbehave. How would you feel id some gues were claiming that Jeus Christ was homosexualand you protest and their reply is that you are a fundamentalist? Here we do not have to do with human weaknesses or a fall. We have to deal with hypocricy, hatred from THEIR side, persecution and oppression. It is easy to critise when you are outside a certain situation, nicely and safely while your fellow brothers are suffering from heretical people who are step by step are taking over the Church.
I can honestly understand that maybe the Finnish Orthodox Church is facing some difficult challenges right now as regards the efforts of her faithful to protect the riches of the Orthodox faith against heresy, though I don't know this for certain.  The way you just exploded onto the OC.net forum this morning with your "The sky is falling!" rhetoric, however, drives me to challenge you to ask yourself if you're presenting the situation in Finland in the best manner possible.  As I've already mentioned before, your panicky tone, your insistence that we trust you at your word even though we've never seen you before, your apparent jumping to unwarranted conclusions, and your insistence that we bear the burden of proof to prove you wrong all indicate to me that you're probably acting on a nefarious agenda that's driving you to not be completely forthright with us and/or that you've succumbed to the emotionalism of irrational panic.  Either way, you've not really given us much reason to believe you.  What can you do to change this so as to give your message more authority?  A much calmer, much less defensive tone, together with outside corroboration from official sources that we can read would be a good place to start.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 08:15:18 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #242 on: May 11, 2009, 08:14:26 PM »

Saunas are a normal part of Finish culture.  

Thank God for my Finnish friends in the mountains with their cedar sauna. Makes mountain winters bearable!

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #243 on: May 11, 2009, 08:19:03 PM »

Shocked
Roll Eyes
Please don't be ethnocentric guys.
Saunas are part of Finnish culture and have been for ages. There are two million saunas in Finland- a country of five million people. Does that mean that half the population of Finland is gay?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 08:21:28 PM by ozgeorge » Logged

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #244 on: May 11, 2009, 08:43:44 PM »

Shocked
Roll Eyes
Please don't be ethnocentric guys.
Saunas are part of Finnish culture and have been for ages. There are two million saunas in Finland- a country of five million people. Does that mean that half the population of Finland is gay?

According to a recent politics thread, almost the entire country is gay  Grin
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Boston

« Reply #245 on: May 12, 2009, 12:04:39 AM »

Roll Eyes It was a joke.

At first glance, though, I had a brief moment of surprise at the juxtaposition of Vespers with saunas at a conference alleged to be about homosexuality.
shep4569

« Reply #246 on: May 12, 2009, 12:21:38 AM »

shep4569

Can you specify what do you call "Brothers". Because the gospel calls heretics as "heavy wolves" and not brothers. I am here to bring awareness for the existance of wolves disguised as sheep and tosupport the true brothers from them.

Well, to be honest, this is the first I've heard of all the homosexuality in Finland. Being heterosexual myself, maybe I'm just out of the loop on international homosexual hotspots. Therefore, it is even more surprising (thus less believable) to me that the autonomous church of Finland, which is under the care of the EP, is somehow immersed up to its neck in homosexual tolerance and promotion. Surely if the OCA or ROC or EP or any other OC was advocating this type of behavior I'm sure one would hear about it....but I haven't, at least not from anybody other than you. Thus +Leo remains the pastoral leader of my Orthodox Christian brothers and sisters in Finland.

In Christ,
Logan

"The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord." - Job 1:21
Theoprovlitos

« Reply #247 on: May 12, 2009, 01:57:11 AM »

I would like to address a good morning to the Inquisition.

Someone who is really objective would EASILY see that the two posts that I originally posted, one on homosexuality and the other on Freemasonry are NOTHING more than simple reproduction of NEWS the way they were presented in links. One text was even in English while the second text was nothing more that the translation from the Freemason magazine.

Therefore those of the inquisition who were stubbornly trying to prove me a fraud, now they try to present that I am spreading panic and hatred.

Now if panic and hatred come to you from the simple reproduction of a news page, then you should check YOUR hearts and intentions and not mine.

If you haven't done all this organized attack towards my person and simply read the TRANSLATION or the REPRODUCTION of their own links, then you would be able to see both that in the original links and posts that I am not spreading any panick  as you accuse me. Just AWARENESS.

Now when I have before me 3-4 members of the inquisition interrogating me simply because

a) Either they don't WANT to believe what I am writing and so they express THEIR panic on my person
b) Either they want to COVER UP the whole thing in order not to spoil the "Public image" of some heretics
c) Either because they AGREE both with what is going on in the Finnish church

then OF COURSE I got angry but towards YOU guys, because I entered the forum to present SIMPLE NEWS without comments and you have attacked me, and it is not clear which of the above your intentions are, if not ALL of them.

And when you present some NEWS based on LINKS about Freemasonry and open homosexuality within the Orthodox church and you get some people attack YOU, obviously you get angry, and raise your tone, simply because you realize that the people in a forum where you presented a problem, instead of confronting the heresy or write negative comments about the HERESY they write negative comments about YOU, as with the example of the woman who reports a rape and some guys verbaly attack HER instead of the rapers. In this case that woman is the Finnish Orthodox Church and her true faithful and her rapers are some of her bishops and their shady environment.

It is also like the film the "Invation of the Body Snatchers" where some cocoons from outer space are being transformed into human beings and replace the real humans -taking even their figures -when they fall asleep.

Same in this forum, NONE of you has expressed any opinion about homosexual ecclesiastical weddings, and Freemasonry within the church. Your ONLY goal was -and still is- to present me as crazy guy and to drive me crazy as well, having me trying to proof that I am not an elephant or a lunatic who sees "visions". OF COURSE I am angry. And OF COURSE I raise the tone towards people who claim to be Orthodox and they do not seem to understand that Freemasonry and homosexuality -especially as a church sacrement- have nothing to do with Orthodoxy.

I guess this is most probably because you agree whith what is happening in Finland (OCA is infamous among other jurisdictions in the USA for homosexual scandals) or probably you want to wait till you see the first homosexual wedding taking place in your OWN parish to believe. I am not sure however if you will feel sorry or if oyu will rejoice about it.

What I do feel however, is that if you want to believe yourselves christian you do owe me some appoligies for your overall attitude towards my person.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #248 on: May 12, 2009, 02:54:44 AM »

OCA is infamous among other jurisdictions in the USA for homosexual scandals
Really?  I'm in the OCA, and I've never heard anything except a bit of gossip about possible sexual misdeeds and cover-ups by our previous two Metropolitans.  We certainly can't hide that we've had our scandals recently, but I'm certainly not aware that confirmed homosexual behavior by any of our clergy has ever been a big part of these.  To say that the OCA is infamous among American jurisdictions for homosexual scandals strikes me as quite a stretch indeed, and I really think you need to back up this claim, lest it be seen as slanderous, too.
Theoprovlitos

« Reply #249 on: May 12, 2009, 03:07:50 AM »

Temper temper,

now YOU are losing it and you know how it feels when they call you a fraud, simply because they want to cover up scandals which have to do with homosexuality. And a good reason I can think of is that they have their OWN reasons to do so.

One one good reason is that they might belong to thet close environment of those homosexual bishops that you just admited that they messed up the OCA church. And becasue we can't know who you are and what is your role in this forum, you have to proof now to me and to others that you do NOT belong to that environment of those rotten OCA bishops and therefore this is the reason why you defend with so much zeal those Finnish bishops who organize open homosexual meetings in their diocese.

If you can't proof it then I can assume whatever I want. Now YOU have to proof which are your morivations for supporting homosexuality and freemasonry.
CRCulver
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Finland and Romanian Orthodox Church

St Stephen of Perm, missionary to speakers of Komi

« Reply #250 on: May 12, 2009, 07:38:19 AM »

While Theoprovlitos' rhetoric may occasionally be over the top, it is not his imagination that the Finnish Orthodox Church is moving to embrace homosexual relationships. Spend a few weeks participating in church life in Helsinki's Uspensky Cathedral, or read the introductions to the Church written by clergy in the Finnish national press, and this will be very obvious to you. I don't see the Finnish Orthodox Church putting up a good fight in the culture war, and I expect it to depart from anything resembling world Orthodoxy in the coming decades. For my part, I'm happy that in just a couple of months I am leaving Finland for good and then can spend more of my time in my other jurisdiction, where for all its problems the Church does maintain a severe line on contemporary culture.
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #251 on: May 12, 2009, 09:33:25 AM »

If you can't proof it then I can assume whatever I want. Now YOU have to proof which are your morivations for supporting homosexuality and freemasonry.

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Theologoumenon

« Reply #252 on: May 12, 2009, 09:55:36 AM »

Saunas are a normal part of Finish culture.  They are also a regular part of Russian culture.  Of course each time I went to the sauna (баня in Russian) it was a massive orgy of gay sex, so maybe you have a point.  Of course, you wouldn't want to take into account not imposing American cultural norms on a situation before making a snap judgement.
I don't know if I could laugh any harder....really, I'm serious.
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Theologoumenon

« Reply #253 on: May 12, 2009, 09:56:12 AM »

Priceless..... laugh
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #254 on: May 12, 2009, 10:01:23 AM »

Temper temper,

now YOU are losing it and you know how it feels when they call you a fraud, simply because they want to cover up scandals which have to do with homosexuality. And a good reason I can think of is that they have their OWN reasons to do so.

One one good reason is that they might belong to thet close environment of those homosexual bishops that you just admited that they messed up the OCA church. And becasue we can't know who you are and what is your role in this forum, you have to proof now to me and to others that you do NOT belong to that environment of those rotten OCA bishops and therefore this is the reason why you defend with so much zeal those Finnish bishops who organize open homosexual meetings in their diocese.

Do you understand that:

1) People come on this site every week and make unfounded claims against various hierarchs
2) Some such claims can be considered libel and we could be sued for them if we let them stand
3) Most people on this site do not read Finnish or Greek, and that's ok
4) You are a newcomer to the site and instead of getting in to the community you've immediately started to post material that is sensational (I am not saying it is not true, but it is sensational).

It is for these reasons that posters are demanding you furnish more proof than just a blog or one web link.  I understand you have added more proof since then, which is good, but I see from the link that it is not clear who this bishop is and why he is on the programme. Did he approve of his name being put there? Has anyone asked him?

If someone were writing against your bishop in a public forum, you would ask for further evidence.

Trying to turn it around on the OCA and then accusing the person asking for proof of trying to cover up homosexuality is not going to win you any points.

If this bishop is indeed supporting homosexuality and freemasonry, I would like to see letters written to the Ecumenical Patriarch in protest.  But I also believe that before any accusations are assumed to be true, we must have all the facts.  This is what Christians do.

Certainly exposing such disturbing events is fine for a public internet forum, but you should keep points 1-4 above in mind as to why people are being firm with you to ask for the best proof possible.

Fr Anastasios
Administrator
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 10:16:26 AM by Fr. Anastasios » Logged

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #255 on: May 12, 2009, 10:04:40 AM »

then OF COURSE I got angry but towards YOU guys, because I entered the forum to present SIMPLE NEWS without comments and you have attacked me,

That's not a purpose of a forum.

The purpose of a forum is for discussion.

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #256 on: May 12, 2009, 10:11:27 AM »

I apologise for not trusting you (about Met. Ambrosius). However you should have posted the reliable and independent sources firstly, not your blog.

Same in this forum, NONE of you has expressed any opinion about homosexual ecclesiastical weddings,

Why to express an opinion about things which aren't present in EO Church?

I guess aritcles and links in Finnish or Greek won't do any help to you or would they?

It's an English forum not Finnish or Greek. Please post documents in English.

And how about the other priests which still appear on the link which is public of course? Are you suggesting that those priests are secretely participating in the conference adn the bishop hasn't noticed?

He is JUST participating, he's not a gay himself, he's not going to make gay weddings. I hope he'll explain the statement of EO Church on gay marriages. You think that national ecumenical organisations are very powerful and secretly they will to destroy the EO Church. I'm sorry to change you view but THEY MEAN NOTHING. They can organise some discussions or charity actions but it's all.

And becasue we can't know who you are and what is your role in this forum, you have to proof now to me and to others that you do NOT belong to that environment of those rotten OCA bishops and therefore this is the reason why you defend with so much zeal those Finnish bishops who organize open homosexual meetings in their diocese.

I'm a 18-year-old high school graduate. I've never been to Finland and the US. I personally have met only two people from CoF but I don't think it's an argument against me because I was about 9 then. The reason that I do not trust you is that I've read plenty of "proves" of Jews/freemasons/homosexuals/KGB agents/hidden Catholics/ in the EO hierarchy and it all wasn't true.

Thank God for my Finnish friends in the mountains with their cedar sauna. Makes mountain winters bearable!

I also have one at my place Smiley

« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 10:19:50 AM by mike » Logged
orthodoxlurker
Supporter & Defender of Fr Ambrose (Irish Hermit) - banned
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian - NOT a phanariote
Jurisdiction: Serbian Patriarchate under siege

al-Saabir yaraa al-Hurriyah

« Reply #257 on: May 12, 2009, 10:12:22 AM »

Temper temper,

Good reasoning.

In fact, excellent.

Curse the Pope, for he is the root and cause of these disasters! - St. Nektarios of Aegina

You don't get to circumvent your post moderation by calling out the moderators in your signature. ~Veniamin, Global Moderator
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #258 on: May 12, 2009, 10:26:58 AM »

I would like to address a good morning to the Inquisition.

Someone who is really objective would EASILY see that the two posts that I originally posted, one on homosexuality and the other on Freemasonry are NOTHING more than simple reproduction of NEWS the way they were presented in links. One text was even in English while the second text was nothing more that the translation from the Freemason magazine.

Yes, but people have posted things here that were not true before.

Therefore those of the inquisition who were stubbornly trying to prove me a fraud, now they try to present that I am spreading panic and hatred.

Why are you turning this personal? People want to make sure what you are saying is true. You're new here, so you don't have any credibility yet. It's natural.

Now if panic and hatred come to you from the simple reproduction of a news page, then you should check YOUR hearts and intentions and not mine.

I don't see anyone panicking. The Finnish Church is not exactly the biggest player in World Orthodoxy today.

If you haven't done all this organized attack towards my person and simply read the TRANSLATION or the REPRODUCTION of their own links, then you would be able to see both that in the original links and posts that I am not spreading any panick  as you accuse me. Just AWARENESS.

The point is, how do we know that you translated it correctly? or that you are who you say you are? Credibility is built over time.  We have many people who come here and say things. Should we believe them all instantly? Posters here are concerned about due diligence for both legal and moral reasons.

Now when I have before me 3-4 members of the inquisition interrogating me simply because

a) Either they don't WANT to believe what I am writing and so they express THEIR panic on my person
b) Either they want to COVER UP the whole thing in order not to spoil the "Public image" of some heretics
c) Either because they AGREE both with what is going on in the Finnish church

What kind of reasoning is this? You missed option d: they believe what you say is plausible, but since they are Christians, they would like to make sure there is NO OTHER POSSIBLE EXPLANATION for the actions before jumping to judge.

And when you present some NEWS based on LINKS about Freemasonry and open homosexuality within the Orthodox church and you get some people attack YOU, obviously you get angry, and raise your tone, simply because you realize that the people in a forum where you presented a problem, instead of confronting the heresy or write negative comments about the HERESY they write negative comments about YOU,

But an angry response is sinful. Why not seek to discuss the issue deeper? How you found this information? What steps you have taken? It just came off as rather accusatory.

Same in this forum, NONE of you has expressed any opinion about homosexual ecclesiastical weddings, and Freemasonry within the church.

That is absurd. There are dozens and dozens of threads about both these topics on this forum.

For the record, both are absolutely unorthodox.

Your ONLY goal was -and still is- to present me as crazy guy and to drive me crazy as well, having me trying to proof that I am not an elephant or a lunatic who sees "visions". OF COURSE I am angry. And OF COURSE I raise the tone towards people who claim to be Orthodox and they do not seem to understand that Freemasonry and homosexuality -especially as a church sacrement- have nothing to do with Orthodoxy.

That is quite an assumption to make about others.

I guess this is most probably because you agree whith what is happening in Finland (OCA is infamous among other jurisdictions in the USA for homosexual scandals) or probably you want to wait till you see the first homosexual wedding taking place in your OWN parish to believe. I am not sure however if you will feel sorry or if oyu will rejoice about it.

You are making yourself look worse by posting stuff like this.

The OCA has been dealing with accusations of homosexuality. I know of a priest who was deposed for it, and one of their most famous theologians (Fr Thomas Hopko) recently wrote a book reaffirming traditional views on homosexuality. I find your accusation baseless.

What I do feel however, is that if you want to believe yourselves christian you do owe me some appoligies for your overall attitude towards my person.

I think you owe the people you just accused of supporting homosexuality an apology too.

Please Buy My Book!

Theoprovlitos

« Reply #259 on: May 12, 2009, 11:26:01 AM »

Fr Anastasios,

My aim is certainly not bring the forum into a difficult situation, but many gave the impression that NO MATTER what I do, no matter what I present my data are not considerd as reliable.

I mean what on earth can be more relaible than the freemason magazine itself publishing an article about the forum and prayer with the Orthodox bishop. I present the original text in Finnish, if I presented the Greek transaltion it would be no good to you and when I do present the english transaltion then it is considered as unreliable jjust liek that! Because I made it. Actullay the Greek transaltion was not by me but it was emailed to me from Finland. So what do you expect to consider a publication reliable? Official transaltion form the Greek or the Finnish Embassy in New York? And why MY transaltion would en unreliable and someone else's wouldn't? And instead of focusing on the horrible issue of EXTREME ecumenism that considers Freemasons as one more Christian denomination or a simple society we have spend so much time to argue whether my translation is reliable or not.

ANd obviously becasue such a transaltion as you want it you are NEVER going to get it (because it will have to be from a trustworthy person of YOURS or the Finnish Embassy) then are you telling me that in vain I published the news in here?

The blog itself fully exposes me if I am a lier. You can check of yourself that there are hundreds of Finnish visitors lately. It would be for me very easy to be accused for a fraud.

Then on the homosexual marriages issue you are focusing ONLY on the bishop while the other names presented in the links are still there and they belong to IMPORTANT people in the Orthodox Church. Fr Heikki Huttunen, priest in the parish of St Herman of Alaska in Espoo suburb of Helsinki and general secretary of the ecumensit counsil of Finland, Jyrki Harkonen supporting openly and wrtiting awful articles in the rainbow Orthodox society of Finland, author of the Religion class schoolbook for the Orthodox Children (!) and Theological secretary of the Archbishop.

http://www.ort.fi/fi/yhteystiedot/hpk_kansliat.php

If you believe that the problem appeared all of a sudden well here is a whole discussion from a link that I found

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=18525.0

Since then things as I predicted last November are going from bad to worse

OF COURSE bishop Ambrosius was going to participate in that forum (there isn't any other gay forum with the same particiapansts and the same date and the same link so that google woulfd be foold) OF COURSE he was aware of it otherwise the organizers would be persecuted for fraud, OF COURSE bishop Ambrosius blesses the forum and gives permission to participate and OF COURSE the archbishop knows it all sicen his Theological Secretary is in the same pro-gay group as other participants. We are talking about a church of 50.000 faithful with 3 diocese in a country of 5 million people.

In the same forum you have seen the SPONTANIOUS reactions of the Synod of Finland because one of the priests in Helsinki is going to particiapte in the forthcoming european elections as a candidate. This was cosnidered to be so terrble that tehy immedaitely made a meeting to see what are they ging to do with that priest, and my blog is in the air for several days now, the programma of the gay Group is online since weeks now, the names of the Orthodox participants are there, the magzine of the freemason is in print since last February and NOBODY is doing anything about it. People complain to the EP and also to the Moscow Patriarchate and nothing happens.

I understand the Archbishop Leo was present in the enthronement of your bishop Jonah but this is not a good motivation to cover up the truth. Actually with several of these guys we were once upon a time friends. But the Church goes above friendships and public relatonships.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #260 on: May 12, 2009, 11:31:14 AM »

I will read your post in depth later today when I have some time, but a minor correction:

I understand the Archbishop Leo was present in the enthronement of your bishop Jonah but this is not a good motivation to cover up the truth. Actually with several of these guys we were once upon a time friends. But the Church goes above friendships and public relatonships.

I am not a member of the OCA nor is Metropolitan Jonah "my" bishop.

I am also not trying to cover up any truth.

in Christ,

Fr Anastasios
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 11:31:56 AM by Fr. Anastasios » Logged

Please Buy My Book!

Theoprovlitos

« Reply #261 on: May 12, 2009, 12:02:38 PM »

Fr Anastasios

Sometimes to make oneslef understood one has to use the right arguments that would hit the right key. I don't really care if there ahve been homosexual scandals in the OCA. And I don't even want to know the names.

But here we are dealing with an unjustice. You expect me to bring to you 1000 proofs about what I am saying while

a) There are enough proofs and evidences presented
b) It very easy for me to be exposed and very easy for you if you really want THAT badly proofs to pesent what I am saying to Finnish speaking people and they will see whther it true or fraud. I cannot present more proofs that there ease and I guess my word of mouth doesn't count otherwise I could have writtten MORE than the double in here from personal experiences and discussions.

No matter what I am not going to reveal my sources so that thsese people would be persecuted. They are already dealing with persecution, nor am I goin to publish an official letter of the Finnish Synod in a forum.

And when I am talking about gay heresy, beleive me I know VERY well waht I am talking about. Becuase the latest trend in Finnish Orthodoxy is to make the Epistles and the Old Testament unreliable and "reflecting the cultural habits and ethics of the Jews, and therefore whatever St Paul said cannot be granted as a dogma. And this is because both St Paul and the Old Testament speak negatively against homosexuality.

In general in the Finnish Orthodox Church there are no moral restrictions or self control about premarital relationships, getting drunk, homosexuality, fasting (they eat breakfast and leave for the Liturgy) and in general abstaining from anything. The moto is "If Jesus Himslef didn't say anything about it, then it is not forbidden".

I can even scan and publish this statement from one "Orthodox" magazine but agian it is in Finnish and as we all know my transaltions are unreliable. The same if I published the article saying that Jesus had special relationship with St John.

The situation in the Finnish CHurch is becasue of the low scandinavian morals as well ecumenism. Their idea is instead of bringing the church spirit in the world to bring the wordly spirit in the church and approaching the (rotten) society this way.

In the Lutheran CHurch the situation is outrageous. Recently a second pastor became trasnexual pastoress thanks to the pressure on the Lutheran Church by Yhteys (members of which are the Orthodox priests of Helsinki as well as the Secretary of Ecumenical counsel, an Orthodox Priest.).

http://www.hs.fi/english/article/Transgender+Lutheran+vicar+wants+to+continue+his+pastoral+work/1135241026162

also

Finnish pastor causes controversy by blessing lesbian couple
A a pastor from Finland's state-supported Evangelical Lutheran Church went against church rules by blessing the partnership of a lesbian couple, according to the Finnish Broadcasting Company.

The Rev. Liisa Tuovinen, who performed the blessing, is not expected to be reprimanded unless somebody makes a formal complaint.

Lutheran bishops are expected to discuss their position on the issue of same-sex blessings next year.

Finland is considered to be liberal when it comes to gay rights issues and registered-partnerships came into being in 2002.

The fact is that Orthodox priest Huttunen OPENLY cooperates with Protestant pastoress Tuovinen in Yhteys ecumenist gay club and the Orthodox bishop simply ACCEPTS it.

In order to realize what the situation in Finland is Tuovinen, performed a ecclesiastical gay blessing for the lesbian couple and NOONE DARES to protest so that this blessing is eccelsiasticaly illegal.

THE SAME ideas are shared by Huttunen who also suggested in Aamun Koitto Orthodox blessing of the gay couples. And he still holds his position as an Orthodox parish priest adn a representative of the Orthodox CHurch in the Ecumensit counsil and the Ecumenist gay club Yhteys.

Now if you believe that all what I am saying is fiction please pay for me a transaltor or even better find a place for me in Hollywood as a movie-script writter so that I can at least make money.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #262 on: May 12, 2009, 12:17:15 PM »

Fr Anastasios

Sometimes to make oneslef understood one has to use the right arguments that would hit the right key. I don't really care if there ahve been homosexual scandals in the OCA. And I don't even want to know the names.

But here we are dealing with an unjustice. You expect me to bring to you 1000 proofs about what I am saying while

a) There are enough proofs and evidences presented
b) It very easy for me to be exposed and very easy for you if you really want THAT badly proofs to pesent what I am saying to Finnish speaking people and they will see whther it true or fraud. I cannot present more proofs that there ease and I guess my word of mouth doesn't count otherwise I could have writtten MORE than the double in here from personal experiences and discussions.

No matter what I am not going to reveal my sources so that thsese people would be persecuted. They are already dealing with persecution, nor am I goin to publish an official letter of the Finnish Synod in a forum.

Why not?  Official usually means public.

And when I am talking about gay heresy, beleive me I know VERY well waht I am talking about. Becuase the latest trend in Finnish Orthodoxy is to make the Epistles and the Old Testament unreliable and "reflecting the cultural habits and ethics of the Jews, and therefore whatever St Paul said cannot be granted as a dogma. And this is because both St Paul and the Old Testament speak negatively against homosexuality.

In general in the Finnish Orthodox Church there are no moral restrictions or self control about premarital relationships, getting drunk, homosexuality, fasting (they eat breakfast and leave for the Liturgy) and in general abstaining from anything. The moto is "If Jesus Himslef didn't say anything about it, then it is not forbidden".

Although it's been a while since I've been in Finnland, and I don't speak Finnish (they speak English though), this doesn't strike me as the Church I saw in the late 80's.

Where exactly are you, that you have the pulse on the Church of Finland, and on the Church of Indonesia?

I can even scan and publish this statement from one "Orthodox" magazine but agian it is in Finnish and as we all know my transaltions are unreliable. The same if I published the article saying that Jesus had special relationship with St John.

The situation in the Finnish CHurch is becasue of the low scandinavian morals as well ecumenism. Their idea is instead of bringing the church spirit in the world to bring the wordly spirit in the church and approaching the (rotten) society this way.

In the Lutheran CHurch the situation is outrageous. Recently a second pastor became trasnexual pastoress thanks to the pressure on the Lutheran Church by Yhteys (members of which are the Orthodox priests of Helsinki as well as the Secretary of Ecumenical counsel, an Orthodox Priest.).

http://www.hs.fi/english/article/Transgender+Lutheran+vicar+wants+to+continue+his+pastoral+work/1135241026162

also

Finnish pastor causes controversy by blessing lesbian couple
A a pastor from Finland's state-supported Evangelical Lutheran Church went against church rules by blessing the partnership of a lesbian couple, according to the Finnish Broadcasting Company.

The Rev. Liisa Tuovinen, who performed the blessing, is not expected to be reprimanded unless somebody makes a formal complaint.

Lutheran bishops are expected to discuss their position on the issue of same-sex blessings next year.

Finland is considered to be liberal when it comes to gay rights issues and registered-partnerships came into being in 2002.

The fact is that Orthodox priest Huttunen OPENLY cooperates with Protestant pastoress Tuovinen in Yhteys ecumenist gay club and the Orthodox bishop simply ACCEPTS it.

In order to realize what the situation in Finland is Tuovinen, performed a ecclesiastical gay blessing for the lesbian couple and NOONE DARES to protest so that this blessing is eccelsiasticaly illegal.

THE SAME ideas are shared by Huttunen who also suggested in Aamun Koitto Orthodox blessing of the gay couples. And he still holds his position as an Orthodox parish priest adn a representative of the Orthodox CHurch in the Ecumensit counsil and the Ecumenist gay club Yhteys.

Now if you believe that all what I am saying is fiction please pay for me a transaltor or even better find a place for me in Hollywood as a movie-script writter so that I can at least make money.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #263 on: May 12, 2009, 12:21:43 PM »

For those interested in Finnish to English translations (or Finnish to any other major language), try: translate.google.com

---------------------
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #264 on: May 12, 2009, 12:43:19 PM »

For those interested in Finnish to English translations (or Finnish to any other major language), try: translate.google.com

Google translator has a definite gay bias to it.  It is also owned by masons. 
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #265 on: May 12, 2009, 12:46:49 PM »

Google translator has a definite gay bias to it.  It is also owned by masons. 

Gay masons, at that.

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
CRCulver
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Church of Finland and Romanian Orthodox Church

St Stephen of Perm, missionary to speakers of Komi

« Reply #266 on: May 12, 2009, 01:07:38 PM »

Again, people should stop jumping on Theoprovlitos. His concerns are valid. Just spend some time here, and you'll see that support for gay relationships is very much in the air among the Finns (much less so the Russians worshipping in churches here, of course).

For my part, even more disturbing than the increasing tolerance of homosexual relationships, which is not yet fully implemented, is the Church of Finland's open communion. Every Sunday in Uspensky you can see tourists going up and being given the Eucharist, some of whom aren't even Christian (I spoke to one such tourist once after the service, who turned out to be happily Hindu). Isn't the Lord's Body and Blood to be guarded with severity?

Then you have a problem with the Church of Finland commissioning liturgical music from non-Orthodox (or even non-Christians).

Again, I just can't wait to get out of here and spend all my time in a Church that seems in tune with world Orthodoxy.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 01:08:49 PM by CRCulver » Logged
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #267 on: May 12, 2009, 01:33:04 PM »

Again, people should stop jumping on Theoprovlitos. His concerns are valid. Just spend some time here, and you'll see that support for gay relationships is very much in the air among the Finns (much less so the Russians worshipping in churches here, of course).

For my part, even more disturbing than the increasing tolerance of homosexual relationships, which is not yet fully implemented, is the Church of Finland's open communion. Every Sunday in Uspensky you can see tourists going up and being given the Eucharist, some of whom aren't even Christian (I spoke to one such tourist once after the service, who turned out to be happily Hindu). Isn't the Lord's Body and Blood to be guarded with severity?

Then you have a problem with the Church of Finland commissioning liturgical music from non-Orthodox (or even non-Christians).

Again, I just can't wait to get out of here and spend all my time in a Church that seems in tune with world Orthodoxy.

Of course his concerns are valid. I for one am not disputing that at all.

But Christians have to be very careful when they make basically charges of heresy against a bishop. That was the point being consistently made.

Please Buy My Book!

Andrew21091
OC.net guru

« Reply #268 on: May 12, 2009, 01:51:09 PM »

What? Is this true?

That is terrible, I can't imagine that they could do that. If this is going on why haven't the other Orthodox Church bodies broke communion with them?
Theoprovlitos

« Reply #269 on: May 12, 2009, 01:54:23 PM »

Well because some people ask.

I have been cooperating in the past with the Youth Foundation of the Church of Greece  as well as the department of external relations. I am a founding member of the Balkan Orthodox Youth Association. I am  correspondant of the Orthodox Magazine Road to Emmaus, an Orthodox publisher and distributor and I cooperate with Light and Life publishing, Eighth Day books, St Nektarios Press, St Vladimirs and St Tikhons Bookstore, Holy Cross bookstore etc.

I am also leading pilgrimages in Greece, but also Southern Italy, Turkey and Bulgaria.

In 2007 I was on a tour with American friends to the Western and Central states and visited several parishes of various jurisdictions.

I know in person Serbian bishop Maxim of Western America and Bulgarian bishop Joseph of America and Australia

I am originally a Greek from Alexandria, Egypt and my wife is a Finn. I cooperate with all orthodox boosktores in Finland, New Valaam and Litula monasteries as well as with the youth group of the Diocese of Helsinki.

Many of these people have been our friends and guests at home. BUT when I realized that nice people who were converts and were studying in Greece when they were going back to Finland they were spiritually ruined due to ecumenist heresies introduced but a specific group in the Finnish Chruch who gradually is taking over all positions in the Church while those who protest are being called as fundamentalists and fanatic zealots, homophobic etc I decided to stand up and do what I can.

My wife and kids are registered in the Finnish Orthodox Church but with the first opportunity we are going to unregister.

My major concern is that people all over the world will get to know Orthodoxy but the right way. Not excessive zealotism neither ecumenism that corrupts Orthodox dogmas.

I know that many don't like what I am wrting and I am now exposed but my Faith, Christ and the Church are above business and Public relations.

Do these make me more reliable?
Tags: homosexuality 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: