Author Topic: Orthodoxy in Vietnam?  (Read 2515 times)

Offline ConfusedRC

Orthodoxy in Vietnam?
« on: November 11, 2012, 12:10:09 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. I recently moved to Vietnam (more on this in another post) and I would like to attend the DL. I'm in Hanoi and I heard that there's a Russian Orthodox parish here but I can't find any information on it. Do any of you know where I can find more information about this church (or another Orthodox parish in Hanoi)? I can't seem to find anything on the internet.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Offline biro

• Elevator lady, levitate me
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
Re: Orthodoxy in Vietnam?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 02:28:25 PM »

Please scroll down towards the bottom. It's only Wikipedia, I'm sorry, but it does say something about a Russian Orthodox Church in Vungtau. Hope that helps.  :angel:

Offline Alpo

• Lying Chalcedonian Liar
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 03:28:24 PM »
You could try contacting local EP and MP dioceses though I'm not exactly convinced that various Orthodox dioceses have yet realized that there are such things as "internet" and "email".
A Christian must not be fanatical; he must have love for and be sensitive towards all people. Those who inconsiderately toss out comments, even if they are true, can cause harm.
-- St. Paisios the Athonite

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Strategos
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline ConfusedRC

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 09:18:47 PM »
Thank you for the replies so far. I did know that the Russian Orthodox church was in Vung'tao, but it's very difficult (basically impossible) for me to get there.

Online Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 12:37:24 AM »
Call the Russian Embassy in Hanoi, or any other embassy of an Orthodox country. I seem to recall in North Korea, the DL was originally served within the Russian Embassy (prior to the Kim Jung Il-funded Orthodox Church). It is conceivable that there is a priest in one of the Orthodox-oriented Embassies at any given time. Just a thought.

Offline mike

• Stratopedarches
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 07:35:50 PM »
I'm sorry but that directory shows no Russian parishes in Vietnam.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 07:36:03 PM by MichaƂ Kalina »
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

not everything I typed before [insert current date] may reflect my current views on the subject

Offline Deborah

• Never look back
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 06:22:02 PM »
Would a closer church over the Chinese border be an option?
Live in South/East Auckland, Franklin or North Waikato regions of New Zealand? Interested in Orthodoxy? Need transport to an Orthodox Church? Want to meet others? Please send me a PM :)

"You have made us for yourself, Lord; and our hearts are restless until they rest in You" - St. Augustine (my patron saint)