OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 29, 2014, 12:12:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jew you down...  (Read 650 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« on: November 06, 2012, 03:35:00 AM »

How do you know if you should say something about this phrase? How do you mention it to the one who uses this speach?

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 03:57:34 AM »

You could just ask them to please say something else instead. Is that not diplomatic enough?

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 10:41:10 AM »

Use your own pejorative.  Try "Jerry-rig" sometime if they're a Kraut.  Or suggest a nice game of "Paddy-whacking" if they're a Bogtrotter.   Smiley
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 12:17:02 PM »

Use your own pejorative.  Try "Jerry-rig" sometime if they're a Kraut.  Or suggest a nice game of "Paddy-whacking" if they're a Bogtrotter.   Smiley

Don't know about the paddy-thing, but I always thought "Jerry-rig" was a lazy way of saying gerrymandering which has nothing to do with Germans.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 12:46:55 PM »

Use your own pejorative.  Try "Jerry-rig" sometime if they're a Kraut.  Or suggest a nice game of "Paddy-whacking" if they're a Bogtrotter.   Smiley

Don't know about the paddy-thing, but I always thought "Jerry-rig" was a lazy way of saying gerrymandering which has nothing to do with Germans.

Paddywhack has nothing to do with the Irish and Jerry-rig nothing to do with the Germans.

As far as the OP, a simple, "You know, I really don't like that term," should suffice.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 12:47:44 PM by Schultz » Logged

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 12:53:02 PM »

Use your own pejorative.  Try "Jerry-rig" sometime if they're a Kraut.  Or suggest a nice game of "Paddy-whacking" if they're a Bogtrotter.   Smiley

Paddywhack has nothing to do with the Irish and Jerry-rig nothing to do with the Germans.

As far as the OP, a simple, "You know, I really don't like that term," should suffice.

You know what, if ruin my shoddy attempts at racism one more time I'll douse a whole Jerry-can full of sauerkraut on you and toss you in the back of the Paddy-wagon with all the other drunken Micks and Blockheads!
Schultz
Taxiarches

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 12:57:04 PM »

You know what, if ruin my shoddy attempts at racism one more time I'll douse a whole Jerry-can full of sauerkraut on you and toss you in the back of the Paddy-wagon with all the other drunken Micks and Blockheads!

I belong there anyways Tongue

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Cyrillic
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 01:23:24 PM »

What is this? The Political Correctness police?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 01:24:34 PM by Cyrillic » Logged

"Copiare il vero può essere una buona cosa, ma inventare il vero è meglio, molto meglio. "
-Giuseppe Verdi
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 02:12:52 PM »

What is this? The Political Correctness police?

I'm offensive and I find this Jewish. Wink

Forgive my sins.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 02:14:47 PM »

How do you know if you should say something about this phrase? How do you mention it to the one who uses this speach?
I'd ask "What ever do you mean by that?"

"You mean you're going to circumcize me?  Already done."
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 02:17:13 PM by ialmisry » Logged

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 02:19:05 PM »

They'd probably throw me in right after you.  So, what should we sing?  Finnegan's Wake or Ich Hat Eine Kameraden?
Schultz
Taxiarches

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 02:40:45 PM »

They'd probably throw me in right after you.  So, what should we sing?  Finnegan's Wake or Ich Hat Eine Kameraden?

The former.  Irish songs fall off my tongue better.

Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 03:45:03 PM »

Ask him to Jew with his mouth closed.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 03:46:20 PM »

Ask him to Jew with his mouth closed.

Harder yet, with his hands still.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: