Author Topic: Are books by Anba Tawadros available?  (Read 532 times)

Offline Jonathan

• High Elder
    • St. Mary's Coptic Orthodox
Are books by Anba Tawadros available?
« on: November 05, 2012, 06:55:14 PM »
I've seen it said in several places that H.G. Anba Tawadros has authored several books. Are any of them available online, especially in English? It would be a good way to get to know H.G. if we could read H.G.'s works.

Offline biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
  • Leave me alone, I was only singing
    • Alaska Volcanoes
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
Re: Are books by Anba Tawadros available?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 09:18:21 PM »
I did a little looking, and I couldn't find any. The site Coptic Pope is about Pope Shenouda III, and it doesn't look like they have any sites for the new Pope yet (except for news sites which talk about the selection). Hope something new comes up soon.  :)
He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will have no end.

--

And if I seem a little strange, well, that's because I am

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
  • Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 10:07:00 PM »
I understand he authored 12 books, but if I can take a guess, they're probably in Arabic.  He hasn't really reached a certain popularity before the Papal selection process for his books to be mass produced and translated the way HH the late Pope Shenouda was.  But if anyone finds anything, I'm also interested.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Severian

• Aspiring Allopathic Ankle Orthodontist
  • Protokentarchos
  • Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth
    • St. Jacob Baradeus' Orthodox Christian Fellowship
  • Faith: Orthodox Christianity
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodoxy
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 10:13:21 PM »
But if anyone finds anything, I'm also interested.
Same.
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

May the 21 new martyrs pray for us all.

Please, remember me in your prayers

Lord, protect Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq.

Offline copticmind

• Personal blog
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 08:09:38 AM »
I couldn't find any books in English for H.G. but I found one booklet in Arabic, a rather simple research about the Holy Bible.
For those who can read Arabic here is the link: http://www.frantoniosfahmy.com/Library/Books/2012032521415534190_1000.pdf
Ⲡⲁϭⲟⲓⲥ Ⲓⲏⲥ Ⲡⲭⲥ ⳿ⲡϣⲏⲣⲓ ⳿ⲙ⳿Ⲫⲛⲟⲩϯ ⲛⲁⲓ ⲛⲏⲓ ⲁⲛⲟⲕ ⲡⲓⲣⲉϥⲉⲣⲛⲟⲃⲓ
يا ربي يسوع المسيح ابن الله ارحمني أنا الخاطئ

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
  • Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 09:10:34 AM »
I couldn't find any books in English for H.G. but I found one booklet in Arabic, a rather simple research about the Holy Bible.
For those who can read Arabic here is the link: http://www.frantoniosfahmy.com/Library/Books/2012032521415534190_1000.pdf
In the next couple of years, I'm anticipating his books will be translated.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.