OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 08:57:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spiritual States in Christianity  (Read 229 times) Average Rating: 0
Fabio Leite
Archon

Faith: Orthodox

« on: November 05, 2012, 08:08:49 AM »

I know some people don't like rationalization, but at least to me, visuals can help a lot.

That's why I created the graphic below that shows what I believe to be the spiritual states in Christianity. It also can serve as a base for one to define what he/she believes the Church to be. Detailed explanations of the elements of the graphic will follow in the next post.

Many Energies, Three Persons, Two Natures, One God.
Fabio Leite
Archon

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 08:19:47 AM »

Christianity is made of four branches: Orthodox, Non-Chalcedoneans, Roman and Reformed Churches.

Unfortunately, most of the people are really not that religious, having a lukewarm relation with faith in most cases. This is not only common sense, but a recurrent warning in the NT. That in all churches.

Also "bad seeds" exist equally in all churches, even outright enemies of Christ, although this tends to be more common outside Christianity.

Finally, I used the NT expression "God-Fearing" to represent those who truly have given at least the first step in Godly wisdom, which is fear of God. The "God-Fearing" area contains though all levels right up to sainthood. As one can see, and as St. Paul explains, there may be God-Fearing people even among the Pagans, for they follow the law of God that is inscribed in their hearts. That is far more difficult though, since in Christianity we can have a clear, explicity verbalization of these laws while outside one will have to rely on words and symbols not fit with the laws in the heart, thus leading to some serious "dissonance" so to speak.

With this graphic we can also understand how each one of us understands the Church to be.

One may think that Church=Christianity or Church=God-Fearing or Church=God-Fearing and Christianity. There are several possible combinations.

I, particularly, believe that Church=Orthodox Church in time. And that on Last Judgment day, all lukewarm and "bad seeds" will be put out and all God-Fearing will be put in.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 08:28:19 AM by Fabio Leite » Logged

Many Energies, Three Persons, Two Natures, One God.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: