Author Topic: Prejudice  (Read 158 times)

Offline hayabusa

• Jurisdiction: I have never been in Missouri, etc!
Prejudice
« on: May 19, 2015, 10:17:58 PM »
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,64756.msg1292583.html#msg1292583
Instead of embarrassing  yourself by phrasing and rephrasing ad-homs why don't you answer these four questions?

1. Has or hasn't nationalism and ethnic pride caused the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia to schism?

2. Has or hasn't nationalism and ethnic pride caused a myriad schisms in Ukraine?

3. Is or isn't the association of Orthodoxy with shady despots helpful when you want to make disciples of all nations?

4. Has or hasn't Christ mandated to pray for everyone, and enemies in particular?

Now you can go on fuming about how reason and sense are evil and western.

With pleasure, provided:
1) You clarify what of this is of importance for your personal salvation as a recent convert, or clarify the relevance of talkin this with you in the case you haven't converted to Orthodoxy.
2) Define the "nationalism" and "ethnic pride".
3) Refer to the "shady despots" the Orthodox has allegedly been associated with.

Besides, the reason and sense are eastern. It is the twist of them that is western and evil.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 10:23:02 PM by hayabusa »
Glory to God and thanks for granting us our Czar Vladimir the Liberator and the foretaste of Freedom in Novorossya!

Offline Czar Lazar

• Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Манастир Нова Грачаница
Re: Prejudice
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 10:20:48 PM »
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php?action=post;quote=1292583;topic=64756.0
Instead of embarrassing  yourself by phrasing and rephrasing ad-homs why don't you answer these four questions?

1. Has or hasn't nationalism and ethnic pride caused the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia to schism?

2. Has or hasn't nationalism and ethnic pride caused a myriad schisms in Ukraine?

3. Is or isn't the association of Orthodoxy with shady despots helpful when you want to make disciples of all nations?

4. Has or hasn't Christ mandated to pray for everyone, and enemies in particular?

With pleasure, provided:
1) You clarify what of this is of importance for your personal salvation as a recent convert, or clarify the relevance in the case you haven't converted to Orthodoxy.
2) Define "nationalism" and "ethnic pride".
3) Refer to "shady despots" the Orthodox has allegedly been associated with.

Besides, reason and sense are eastern. It is the twist of them that is evil and western.

what is the background of this?

Offline Minnesotan

• OC.net guru
  • From the Land of 10,000 Lakes
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 10:22:05 PM »
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php?action=post;quote=1292583;topic=64756.0

With pleasure, provided:
1) You clarify what of this is of importance for your personal salvation as a recent convert, or clarify the relevance in the case you haven't converted to Orthodoxy.

Besides, reason and sense are eastern. It is the twist of them that is evil and western.

This user still posts here even though he might claim not to.

Offline hayabusa

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 10:25:30 PM »

With pleasure, provided:

Someone is claiming that people of Novorossiya aren't Orthodox, since they haven't been paralyzed against the forces of Antichrist as the westerners thought they were supposed to. Instead, they took the arms to defend their families, their homes and their lives.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 10:26:08 PM by hayabusa »
Glory to God and thanks for granting us our Czar Vladimir the Liberator and the foretaste of Freedom in Novorossya!

Offline Minnesotan

• OC.net guru
  • From the Land of 10,000 Lakes
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 10:31:45 PM »

With pleasure, provided:

Someone is claiming that people of Novorossiya aren't Orthodox, since they haven't been paralyzed against the forces of Antichrist as the westerners thought they were supposed to. Instead, they took the arms to defend their families, their homes and their lives.

What "people of Novorossiya"? Last time I checked, the pro-Moscow fighters there were mostly made up of Russian and Chechen mercenaries. There's only one side fighting to defend "their families, their homes and their lives" and it isn't the one with Igor Strelkov (who is from Moscow and has no ties to the region anyway).
This user still posts here even though he might claim not to.

Offline hayabusa

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 10:43:52 PM »
...one with Igor Strelkov (who is from Moscow and has no ties to the region anyway).

Every Orthodox "has ties" with the region, those from Moscow particularly.

Offline biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
  • Leave me alone, I was only singing
    • Alaska Volcanoes
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 10:54:03 PM »
...one with Igor Strelkov (who is from Moscow and has no ties to the region anyway).

Not me.
He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will have no end.

--

And if I seem a little strange, well, that's because I am

Offline hayabusa

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 11:08:30 PM »

Not me.

Well, you and me may not have the same definition of "Orthodox".

Offline biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
  • Leave me alone, I was only singing
    • Alaska Volcanoes
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 11:09:27 PM »

Not me.

Well, you and me may not have the same definition of "Orthodox".

Then you would be wrong.
He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will have no end.

--

And if I seem a little strange, well, that's because I am

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Toumarches
  • We must go back!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 05:48:21 AM »

Which, like everything else Hayab USA says, is a mix of lies and nonsense.

Alright Hayab, if you want to play stupid, that's fine too. Have it your way. As soon as you grow up and want to discuss things like a man you can come back. Until then I'll just ignore you.

Have a nice day.

Note to everyone else: don't feed the troll.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 06:00:49 AM by Cyrillic »
"Par ma foi! Il y a plus de quarante ans que je dis de la prose sans que j'en susse rien."
-Molière, The Middle-Class Gentleman.

Offline Czar Lazar

• Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Манастир Нова Грачаница
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 09:44:45 AM »

Which, like everything else Hayab USA says, is a mix of lies and nonsense.

Alright Hayab, if you want to play stupid, that's fine too. Have it your way. As soon as you grow up and want to discuss things like a man you can come back. Until then I'll just ignore you.

Have a nice day.

Note to everyone else: don't feed the troll.

Now it makes more sense