Author Topic: Faith NOT Based on Bible AT ALL  (Read 801 times)

Offline seekeroftruth777

• High Elder
  • O Most Holy Theotokos save us!
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodoxy
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH but my heart belongs to the JP
Re: Faith NOT Based on Bible AT ALL
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2015, 12:27:06 PM »
Well, Perennial, I'm sorry ROCOR wasn't the place for you.

There are lots of other Orthodox churches in the southern U.S., if you ever feel like giving it another try.

I second it this! you do know that Nestorianism was and is a heresey in the history of the church. Please consider looking into Goarch, The Jerusalem Patriarchate and The Antiochian patriarchate or even the OCA if need be. May I ask what did you not like about ROCOR? It not perfect but there is no perfection on earth.
pray for the persecuted Christians in Egypt, Libya, Iraq, Syria, Occupied Palestine, Nigeria, Pakistan, Eriteria & Kosovo.

Lord Jesus Christ Son of God have Mercy on me a Sinner!

Offline Perennial1

• Faith: Converting to Nestorianism
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Babylon
« Reply #46 on: Today at 06:09:38 AM »

There are lots of other Orthodox churches in the southern U.S., if you ever feel like giving it another try.

I second it this! you do know that Nestorianism was and is a heresey in the history of the church. Please consider looking into Goarch, The Jerusalem Patriarchate and The Antiochian patriarchate or even the OCA if need be. May I ask what did you not like about ROCOR? It not perfect but there is no perfection on earth.

I have a problem with the Orthodox Church's view of Jesus which denies that there is any human person or human entity in him.

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
  • Faith: Orthodox
« Reply #47 on: Today at 06:13:51 AM »
I have a problem with the Orthodox Church's view of Jesus which denies that there is any human person or human entity in him.

This is NOT what Orthodoxy teaches. Christ is God and Man. Have you forgotten this from the Creed?

who for us men, and for our salvation, came down from heaven, and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the Virgin Mary, and became Man;
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline wgw

• Amateur Liturgical Enthusiast
  • Archon
  • The above Syriac icon is of St. Athansius.
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: My spleen is on lease to Sinai.
« Reply #48 on: Today at 08:56:16 AM »

I believe you are confusing us with the Gnostics.  They are the ones who taught Jesus was entirely divine and without human nature.  All Orthodox agree that Jesus is perfectly human and perfectly divine at the same time.  For that matter, so do the Assyrians, and the Assyrians do not believe that Jesus consists of a separate human and divine person in a union of will; that was Theodore of Mopsuestia or Diodore of Tarsus, I cant recall, bordering on adoptionism, and also an implication of full blown Nestorianism, which the Assyrians do not practice, as refuted by St. Cyril, derived from referring to the Virgin Mary as Christotokos.

The Oriental Orthodox believe that Jesus has one incarnate nature of the Word, perfectly human and perfectly divine, without confusion, change or separation.  The Eastern Orthodox and Roman Catholics and in theory most Protestants believe Jesus has a human and a divine nature in one hypostasis.  The Assyrians believe Jesus has a human qnuma and a divine qnuma in one prosopa, in somesuch - either way  it was close enough for them to reach an ecumenical agreement with the Vatican confessing a common Christology (which the Vatican also reached with the OO, ironic given Pope Leo's authorship of the Tome which essentially caused the Great Schism).
Antisemitism, racism and prejudicial nationalism should have no place in Orthodoxy.  For to paraphrase  St. Paul, there is neither Jew nor Greek, neither male nor female, slave or freeman, in the Christian Church.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• The Fourteenth Apostle and Judge of the Interwebs
  • Section Moderator
  • Protostrator
  • All who love ZZ, honour ZZ!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Czech Lands
« Reply #49 on: Today at 01:48:46 PM »

This is NOT what Orthodoxy teaches. Christ is God and Man. Have you forgotten this from the Creed?

who for us men, and for our salvation, came down from heaven, and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the Virgin Mary, and became Man;

Perennial1's comment was a little more specific than your response. 
"Do not tempt the Mor thy Mod."

New thread topic.  Rate the sexual attractiveness of members of OC.net on a scale of 1-10.

Mor Ephrem: 11/10

Offline Severian

• Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and help my unbelief!
  • Taxiarches
  • The Patriarch Saint Severus of Antioch
    • St. Jacob Baradeus' Orthodox Christian Fellowship
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria
« Reply #50 on: Today at 06:08:00 PM »

Christ is a single Divine person who is perfect God and perfect man, yes. But He does not have a distinct human entity or person united to Him, that would be Nestorianism.
« Last Edit: Today at 06:08:11 PM by Severian »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. -The Lord Jesus

The Saviour is made of elements which are distinct from one another yet He is not two Persons. God forbid! For both natures are one by the combination. -St. Gregory Nazianzen

Offline biro

• Elevator lady, levitate me
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #51 on: Today at 06:19:01 PM »
Perennial, if you don't mind, were you actually in the church before - were you baptized and did you leave, or have you never been a regular member of a church before? Did you attend because you had a beginning interest, or were you brought up in church?

I ask because you seem to be claiming the Orthodox teach some things they never really did in the first place. It would be a shame if you left the church over some straw man argument you heard from somebody else.

Offline TheTrisagion

• The cat is back and its better than ever!
  • Toumarches
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #52 on: Today at 06:22:05 PM »

Christ is a single Divine person who is perfect God and perfect man, yes. But He does not have a distinct human entity or person united to Him, that would be Nestorianism.
Wouldn't that be adoptionism?
Praise to be kelly the all-benificent for granting me permission to change my sig line.

Obligatory: "It's a mystery! Ask your priest/spiritual father. Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future. Marital fasting."