Author Topic: Exorcist: There’s a Demon That Specializes in Attacking the Family  (Read 150 times)

Offline Charles Martel

• Traditional Roman Catholic
  • Taxiarches
Interesting;

Exorcist: There’s a Demon That Specializes in Attacking the Family

Father César Truqui warns that everything that is harming the family, including divorce, pleases the devil.

ROME — There’s a demon that specializes in attacking the family, said exorcist César Truqui, a priest who participated in a course on exorcism held in Rome last year.
Father Truqui warned that everything that is harming the family, including divorce, pleases the devil.
Speaking to the Italian weekly Tempi in 2015, the priest said that there is “a demon who specializes in the attack on the family, also cited in the story of Tobias, called ‘Asmodeus.’”

Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/exorcist-theres-a-demon-that-specializes-in-attacking-the-family/#ixzz49qvVtEzp

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 06:55:32 AM by Charles Martel »
Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
Didn't know this was biblical.

Any scholars out there ever heard of this?

[In the Old Testament book, the demon is known to have killed seven of Sarah’s husbands and was chained in the desert by St. Raphael. The demon “is present” in many exorcisms, Father Truqui said.

Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/exorcist-theres-a-demon-that-specializes-in-attacking-the-family/#ixzz49qwLW7qh/i]
Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
Currently, about half the marriages in the U.S. will end in divorce.

Seems "Asmodeus" is doing one hell-uva  (no pun intended) job here in America;

Divorce Statistics in America

Current divorce statistics in America is estimated at 50%. This data is not accurately correct, however, it is reasonably close to the actual rate. The Americans for Divorce Reform estimates that "Probably, 40 or possibly even 50 percent of marriages will end in divorce if current trends continue", which is actually a projection. Commonly said, 50% of all marriages in the America end in divorce. But this statement about the divorce statistics in America hides all the details about distribution, however, you can also checkout this divorce statistics page for the latest information.

http://www.divorcestatistics.org/
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 07:07:20 AM by Charles Martel »

Online Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Even if you win the rat race, you're still a rat.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK

[In the Old Testament book, the demon is known to have killed seven of Sarah’s husbands and was chained in the desert by St. Raphael. The demon “is present” in many exorcisms, Father Truqui said.

Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/exorcist-theres-a-demon-that-specializes-in-attacking-the-family/#ixzz49qwLW7qh/i]

Any Orthodox who has read their Bible knows about this. The Protestants left the book on the cutting-room floor. What's your excuse?
'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches

Any Orthodox who has read their Bible knows about this. The Protestants left the book on the cutting-room floor. What's your excuse?
I don't know, because Catholicism is not  predicated on babbling about bible verses?

Why don't you tell me about it.

Online Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Even if you win the rat race, you're still a rat.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK

I don't know, because Catholicism is not  predicated on babbling about bible verses?

Why don't you tell me about it.

Sure, the best way to prevent babbling about verses is not to read the verses.

Go read it for yourself, it's not long. It's one of my favourite OT bits (and has inspired one of my favourite novels, as well). You'll see why Protestant squeamishness decided to cut it.
'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Supreme Commander of the Joint Armed Warrior Services (JAWS) of the Oriental Orthodox Church
  • Section Moderator
  • Protostrator
  • Fr Seraphim Rose and the Twin Towers
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Czech Lands

Your Mass is pretty much just a bunch of Bible verses babbled on in a prescribed order.  Even more so your Office.
Mor has an open appeal. This we knew already.

Mor suffers from Invincible Ignorance and is guaranteed salvation according to the Roman Catholic Church.

Offline Iconodule

• Professor of Cryptopatristics at Miskatonic University
  • Merarches
  • Monsters from the Id
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
Why would anyone read the Bible when there are so many internet articles to read and be outraged by?

Offline William T

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Tobit is a book in the Bible, please don't sensationalize, or deconstruct the book.  It's a beautiful book, one of my favorites.  If you are thinking more about the demon mentioned and not about God...or Tobit, his wife, Tobias, Sarah,  her father, Archangel Raphael, the beautiful prayers, the dog, the structure of the narrative, the practices of Judaism and Christianity, or even the land and nations and time , you are reading the book incorrectly.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 02:22:27 PM by William T »
Christ is risen!  Le Christ est ressuscité!  Masīḥ qām!   Χριστὸς ἀνέστη!