Author Topic: Met Emmanuel of France on the Importance of Proper Ecclesiology  (Read 259 times)

Offline Samn!

• High Elder
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchaat van Erps-Kwerps
Source: https://orthodoxsynaxis.org/2019/03/07/met-emmanuels-homily-for-the-enthronement-of-epiphany-dumenko/

The Church and her praxis lead us to the Truth, to eternal life, just as the Church’s praxis reveals how and in what way the Holy Spirit arranges and guides the Church’s holy situations. This praxis and life of the Church is not separate from ecclesiology, from the distortion that the Orthodox consciousness often suffers in these times. Ecclesiology is so important for Orthodox experience of salvation that we can say without a doubt that spiritual life without genuine ecclesiology ends up in acrobatics not far removed from delusion and, sadly, participating in it.

Online Alpha60

• A thing of routers, hubs and switches, and dreary web GUIs
  • Protokentarchos
  • OCNet Systems and Network Operations
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
Re: Met Emmanuel of France on the Importance of Proper Ecclesiology
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 05:29:47 AM »
More of the primus sine paribus nonsense...

Offline Samn!

• High Elder
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 05:33:26 AM »
More of the primus sine paribus nonsense...

It's the only gospel they preach.

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Johnstown
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 11:04:13 AM »
What's most frustrating about this stuff, for me, isn't just that they keep playing the same broken record, but that there is no engagement with, or even acknowledgement of, critiques of this ecclesiology coming from all over the Orthodox world. The whole thing is shot through with bureaucratic smugness.
“Steel isn't strong, boy, flesh is stronger! That is strength, boy! That is power! What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  Contemplate this on the tree of woe.” - Elder Thulsa Doom of the Mountain of Power

Mencius said, “Instruction makes use of many techniques. When I do not deign to instruct someone, that too is a form of instruction.”

Come look at my lame blog

Offline Samn!

• High Elder
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 02:58:00 AM »
What's most frustrating about this stuff, for me, isn't just that they keep playing the same broken record, but that there is no engagement with, or even acknowledgement of, critiques of this ecclesiology coming from all over the Orthodox world. The whole thing is shot through with bureaucratic smugness.

Well I think Emmanuel diagnosed his own illness in the quote above.

Online Alpha60

• A thing of routers, hubs and switches, and dreary web GUIs
  • Protokentarchos
  • OCNet Systems and Network Operations
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 04:11:19 AM »

Indeed.  The condescension and arrogation is palpable; one feels as though it is thick enough to cut with a knife.  I am convinced this is all the doing of one of the younger aspirants to secede Patriarch Bartholomew, because these actions directly contradict statements made by His All Holiness and by Metropolitan Kallistos Ware in previous decades.