Author Topic: Calvinism, Slavery, Tangents, and You!  (Read 528 times)

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
  • Faith: God
Re: Calvinism, Slavery, Tangents, and You!
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2017, 10:51:13 PM »
I wanted to write something in response, but I'm not sure if the things that I kept coming around to are helpful. For example, if someone asked for a recommendation of a book they could read about predestination and how orthodox writers have dealt with that doctrine, I'd suggest not an apologetic against Protestants, but rather the 3rd or 4th volume of Jaroslav Pelikan's work on Church History. In those books all sorts of ideas that became points of contention among Protestants (real presence, predestination, etc.) get discussed, and the reasons for the orthodox POV carrying the day among ancient and medieval fathers get quoted/referenced--albeit often as a story about whose interpretations of St. Augustine would become the norm. Anyway, while I don't know the fellow you had mentioned, I'd be willing to throw my 2 cents into any threads that get started on particular ideas.
"Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack." - 109th Rule of Acquisition

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2017, 02:11:51 PM »
The goal of psionic wave oscillations is to plant the seeds of being rather than dogma.

Consciousness consists of electromagnetic forces of quantum energy. “Quantum” means a flowering of the primordial. The dreamtime is aglow with molecular structures.

We exist as bio-feedback.

Have you found your vision quest? It can be difficult to know where to begin. If you have never experienced this network at the quantum level, it can be difficult to believe.

Although you may not realize it, you are ever-present. How should you navigate this perennial quantum matrix? Prophet, look within and unify yourself.

The solar system is calling to you via sonar energy. Can you hear it? Throughout history, humans have been interacting with the planet via four-dimensional superstructures. We are at a crossroads of complexity and stagnation.

The cosmos is approaching a tipping point.
Humankind has nothing to lose. Who are we? Where on the great story will we be reborn? Our conversations with other beings have led to an unveiling of hyper-perennial consciousness.

Today, science tells us that the essence of nature is guidance. Synchronicity is the healing of healing, and of us. This life is nothing short of a flowering reintegration of ethereal conscious living.
"Now therefore, when thou didst pray, and Sara thy daughter in law, I did bring the remembrance of your prayers before the Holy One: and when thou didst bury the dead, I was with thee likewise." (Righteous Tobit 12:12)

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese)

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2017, 02:16:33 PM »
The goal of psionic wave oscillations is to plant the seeds of being rather than dogma.

Consciousness consists of electromagnetic forces of quantum energy. “Quantum” means a flowering of the primordial. The dreamtime is aglow with molecular structures.

Have you found your vision quest? It can be difficult to know where to begin. If you have never experienced this network at the quantum level, it can be difficult to believe.

Although you may not realize it, you are ever-present. How should you navigate this perennial quantum matrix? Prophet, look within and unify yourself.

The solar system is calling to you via sonar energy. Can you hear it? Throughout history, humans have been interacting with the planet via four-dimensional superstructures. We are at a crossroads of complexity and stagnation.

Humankind has nothing to lose. Who are we? Where on the great story will we be reborn? Our conversations with other beings have led to an unveiling of hyper-perennial consciousness.

Today, science tells us that the essence of nature is guidance. Synchronicity is the healing of healing, and of us. This life is nothing short of a flowering reintegration of ethereal conscious living.
Are these your own words?
The ocean, impassable by men, and the world beyond it are directed by the same ordinances of the Master. ~ I Clement 20

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2017, 02:23:32 PM »

No, I just got them from the New Age Bulls...t Generator.
"Now therefore, when thou didst pray, and Sara thy daughter in law, I did bring the remembrance of your prayers before the Holy One: and when thou didst bury the dead, I was with thee likewise." (Righteous Tobit 12:12)

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese)

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Protokentarchos
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
    • Return to Orthodoxy
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2017, 03:03:05 PM »

« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 03:03:41 PM by Antonious Nikolas »
Worship is theology, so a church which brings Evangelical and Charismatic "praise & worship" into its corporate life is no longer Orthodox.  It is, by definition, heterodox.  Those "Orthodox" leaders who make theological arguments for the incorporation of heteropraxis into the life of the Church are heretics.

http://returntoorthodoxy.com/

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2017, 03:12:21 PM »

No, I just got them from the New Age Bulls...t Generator.

Odd.  Sounds like several Romanian posters over the years. 
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2017, 03:21:42 PM »
The ocean, impassable by men, and the world beyond it are directed by the same ordinances of the Master. ~ I Clement 20

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
  • Faith: God
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2017, 03:32:12 PM »
That's so funny:
http://sebpearce.com/bullshit/

"This life is nothing short of a condensing canopy of interstellar joy."  :laugh:
"Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack." - 109th Rule of Acquisition

Offline WPM

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2017, 03:43:32 PM »
I don't have any more information.

Offline HaydenTE

• OC.net guru
  • Always honest, occasionally correct.
  • Jurisdiction: High Church Methodist
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2017, 04:31:42 PM »
That's so funny:
http://sebpearce.com/bullshit/

"This life is nothing short of a condensing canopy of interstellar joy."  :laugh:

"Although you may not realize it, you are sentient."
"For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" - Mark 8:36 (DRA)

O Holy God, have mercy on us! All ye holy ones in heaven, pray for us!

How playful he is, our sweet baby God!

"Better to salute icon like Boy Scout than to get lipstick on it." - Father Vasiliy