Author Topic: Iraqi Christians Erect Large Cross on Hill, Marking Liberation From ISIS  (Read 94 times)

Offline Charles Martel

• Traditional Roman Catholic
  • Taxiarches
Go Chaldean Catholics!! 8)

Iraqi Christians Erect Large Cross on Hill, Marking Liberation From ISIS

The Chaldean Catholic patriarch of Baghdad blessed the large cross and participated in the celebration of the first Mass after two and a half years.

The patriarch said that Christians will thus demonstrate to the world that the forces of darkness, which wreaked havoc and ravaged their land, are ephemeral and that the Church of Christ, although it suffers, is built upon rock.

When the Mass was over, everyone went out to a hill located on the outskirts of the city. There, Patriarch Sako blessed the huge cross, which was raised amid fireworks and with cries of “Victory! Victory! Victory! For those who chose the faith and those who return!

http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/iraqi-christians-erect-large-cross-on-hill-marking-liberation-from-isis

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Protokentarchos
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
    • Return to Orthodoxy
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
Re: Iraqi Christians Erect Large Cross on Hill, Marking Liberation From ISIS
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 11:13:32 AM »
Glory to God!  I'm home sick this morning - really feeling terrible - and this made my day. :)
Worship is theology, so a church which brings Evangelical and Charismatic "praise & worship" into its corporate life is no longer Orthodox.  It is, by definition, heterodox.  Those "Orthodox" leaders who make theological arguments for the incorporation of heteropraxis into the life of the Church are heretics.

http://returntoorthodoxy.com/

Offline Charles Martel

• Traditional Roman Catholic
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 08:08:45 PM »
I'm glad to bring you this good news. The Christians in Iraq and many other countries over in that part  of the world  really need our help and prayers. It's good to see a big cross like that , highly visible back up again over there. ISIS couldn't stop them.

Good thing they don't have the ACLU over there. Lol! ;D

Hope you're feeling better brother. ;)
Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.

Offline RaphaCam

• Archon
  • Be good works the daily nourishment of your hearts
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 09:22:27 PM »
May the Lord keep them safe! May the triumphant crosses in the Middle East last until the return of our crucified and risen Lord.
"Behold, the mystical sacrifice, fully accomplished, is ushered in. In fervent faith let us draw near, that we may become sharers in everlasting life. Alleluia."

Please pray for myself, my family and my friends.

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese). Last article: Fontes de fé da Igreja Ortodoxa

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Protokentarchos
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
    • Return to Orthodoxy
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 10:32:58 PM »
I'm glad to bring you this good news. The Christians in Iraq and many other countries over in that part  of the world  really need our help and prayers. It's good to see a big cross like that , highly visible back up again over there. ISIS couldn't stop them.

Good thing they don't have the ACLU over there. Lol! ;D

Hope you're feeling better brother. ;)

Thanks, man!  May God safeguard and liberate His people.  :)
Worship is theology, so a church which brings Evangelical and Charismatic "praise & worship" into its corporate life is no longer Orthodox.  It is, by definition, heterodox.  Those "Orthodox" leaders who make theological arguments for the incorporation of heteropraxis into the life of the Church are heretics.

http://returntoorthodoxy.com/