Author Topic: I regret not going to franklin graham crusade in Australia  (Read 155 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
I regret not going to franklin graham crusade in Australia
« on: March 07, 2019, 06:34:18 AM »
I did not go because I thought people would think I don’t think eternal security is not a big deal if it is preached it but it is if people are negatively influenced by it. But it is a mistake because that is not the focus of the crusades but for people to get to hear their need for the gospel. I do not believe billy graham taught eternal security and hearing his crusade in Melbourne last time which I heard from a DVD it does not seem he would teach that. I am sure now he did not preach that but I was still worried he believes not everyone has to endure to the end and from other dvds it seems he believes you can not escape from God and your duty by killing yourself. But he may think not every case is the same and only God can judge a person.
I regret not going because many could die without accepting the gospel and having good knowledge of it through crusade to change their life and I myself could have benefited and got the blessing
My dad took me to the station to go after I told him I am going by bus but I changed my mind and went back home by train and  bus
My dad said his crusades are probably better suited to people of other cultures who are not yet looking for the whole picture and my dad believes his crusades are really attracting to introduce the faith
My dad believes what billy graham teaches may be good enough to save people because they may take the good from it and not be aware of the bad if it exists
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 06:43:43 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
  • Faith: Orthodox
Re: I regret not going to franklin graham crusade in Australia
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 06:38:04 AM »
Mike, don't regret it. You're much better off sticking to Orthodox writers, fathers and saints.  :)
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 06:54:00 AM »
Thanks LBK you are right that our theology is not the same but I believe the gospel unites us in some way but not perfectly we should try to encourage the work of the gospel. Our conscience comes first but one should try to fight it if it is not your conscience but the devil trying to fight a work of God. If you can have a clear conscience which you should try to clear it is better to go

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 07:05:37 AM »
I am sure now he did not preach that but I was still worried he believes not everyone has to endure to the end and from other dvds it seems he believes you can not escape from God and your duty by killing yourself. But he may think not every case is the same and only God can judge a person.

But he is wrong that you don’t need to endure to the end. There may be cases where person is not responsible to endure to the end but we must assume we are responsible. He may think of cases where persons life is totally devoted to the Lord but he falls unwilling and ends his life. But that is not a good enough I think. The bible says be faithful unto death and no sin is unwillingly. You have to endure to the end. The bible says if a righteous man turns from his righteous and sins he will die. We are tested through perseverance. If the person really had Jesus as Lord God would keep him from desire to end his life. If he has desire he has to overcome
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 07:06:04 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 07:11:36 AM »
I will say billy graham crusades have really helped me find freedom in my spiritual life but some of the things he says I have to consider more to really take my commitment to Christ more seriously