OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 24, 2014, 10:11:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Coptic Pope Chosen: Anba Tawadros  (Read 6872 times) Average Rating: 0
Hinterlander
Site Supporter
High Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Protestant congregant, Student of Orthodoxy

« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2012, 05:53:59 PM »

Pictures from BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20197046
mabsoota
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2012, 05:57:52 PM »

lovely pictures, thank you
 Smiley
Michał Kalina
Stratopedarches

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2012, 06:50:49 PM »

The way Met. Bakhomious guided the boy's hand to a certain ball made it look a bit rigged.
And I'm sure that Anba Tawadros was Met. Bakhomious' preferred candidate, since he is his disciple.
Conspiracy?!!!

Who knew the Copts could best the RCs for stakes in bingo?

The Apostles cast lots to replace Judas... Cleromancy has been used by the God at least since the times of Moses.  Wink

Some info on the matter: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleromancy

Give the track record of the OCA, perhaps they should choose their Bishops and Metropolitan on Thanksgiving Day by a turkey wish bone pulling round-robin.

Serbian Church also draws its patriarch in a similar way.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

Faith: Melkite Greek-Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2012, 05:11:28 AM »

Axios! Axios! Axios!

Eis polla aeti, Despota!

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory
zekarja
High Elder

Faith: Catholic Christian
Jurisdiction: Melkite Greek Catholic Church

St Theodora of Alexandria, pray for us!

« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2012, 09:37:10 AM »

The way Met. Bakhomious guided the boy's hand to a certain ball made it look a bit rigged.
And I'm sure that Anba Tawadros was Met. Bakhomious' preferred candidate, since he is his disciple.
Conspiracy?!!!

The Apostles cast lots to replace Judas... Cleromancy has been used by the God at least since the times of Moses.  Wink

Give the track record of the OCA, perhaps they should choose their Bishops and Metropolitan on Thanksgiving Day by a turkey wish bone pulling round-robin.

Play "odds or evens" or "rock, scissors, paper", until you only have one candidate left. That would save resources ant time. jk

I actually find choosing by lots to be very Biblical. It is pretty cool that the Coptic Church still follows that model. Cool
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 09:40:04 AM by zekarja » Logged

minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Pray for me, Sts. Mina & Kyrillos VI for my exams

« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2012, 01:50:29 PM »

The casting of lots, although Biblical, is nevertheless something that was done very very few times in the Coptic Church.

Check this brave soul out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=ULCuvlMl8xwT8&v=CuvlMl8xwT8#t=132s

Pavli Qas (I hope I am spelling his name correctly):  I hope HH Pope Tawadros truly heeds your advice.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Michał Kalina
Stratopedarches

« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2012, 06:33:48 PM »

Conspiracy?!!!

The Apostles cast lots to replace Judas... Cleromancy has been used by the God at least since the times of Moses.  Wink

St. Tikhon was elected that way too.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

St. Hripsimeh pray for us!

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2012, 02:27:27 AM »

And some friendly encouragement given the Armenian Church to canonize some saints who've been waiting for 800 years. Smiley

Is there someone you had in mind?

I'm still waiting for an explanation as to what you are referring to.

"I don't think I've ever eaten anything Armenian I didn't like.  I even drink my non-Armenian coffee out of a St Nersess Seminary coffee mug because it is better that way." --Mor Ephrem
Severian
Glory be to the Most-Holy Trinity, both now and ever and unto the ages of ages. Amen.
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic Orthodoxy

St. Severus of Antioch, Crown of the Syrians!

Partisangirl
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2012, 03:51:04 PM »

And some friendly encouragement given the Armenian Church to canonize some saints who've been waiting for 800 years. Smiley

Is there someone you had in mind?

I'm still waiting for an explanation as to what you are referring to.
I think he is referring to the fact that the Armenian Curch has not canonized a new Saint in centuries and that there are many individuals who are worthy of such canonizaton.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 03:51:22 PM by Severian » Logged

May the Risen Lord have mercy on all of His servants, especially in Egypt, Syria, Iraq, occupied Palestine, & Serbian Kosovo.
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2012, 09:53:51 PM »

I guess I am trying to understand why a person who considers my Church to be schismatic would concern himself with whether any of my Church's members are made saints in the modern era.  I know that there are many who are worthy, such as the priest of my grandfather's village, who was doused with kerosene and burned alive during the Genocide.  I guess I am trying to figure out why that is a concern of this poster, and why it would be brought up in this thread.

And the "800 years" number is a bit inaccurate.  Off the top of my head, I'm thinking of St. Gregory of Datev, who reposed in the 1400's.

It was during the Ottoman era that the Church was not able to canonize saints.  Now we find ourselves in a different era, and the Church is trying to figure out how to go about reviving the process.  It used to be a rather "bottom up" process, rather than the "top down" process that one finds in many modern Churches.  Someone would be venerated at the local level, and then as his veneration spread, he would just get added to the calendar.  From what I understand, there was no formal process like one finds in the Chalcedonian Churches.

Whatever.  I just don't get why that is relevant to this thread.

"I don't think I've ever eaten anything Armenian I didn't like.  I even drink my non-Armenian coffee out of a St Nersess Seminary coffee mug because it is better that way." --Mor Ephrem
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2012, 11:16:01 AM »

I guess I am trying to understand why a person who considers my Church to be schismatic would concern himself with whether any of my Church's members are made saints in the modern era.  I know that there are many who are worthy, such as the priest of my grandfather's village, who was doused with kerosene and burned alive during the Genocide.  I guess I am trying to figure out why that is a concern of this poster, and why it would be brought up in this thread.

And the "800 years" number is a bit inaccurate.  Off the top of my head, I'm thinking of St. Gregory of Datev, who reposed in the 1400's.

It was during the Ottoman era that the Church was not able to canonize saints.  Now we find ourselves in a different era, and the Church is trying to figure out how to go about reviving the process.  It used to be a rather "bottom up" process, rather than the "top down" process that one finds in many modern Churches.  Someone would be venerated at the local level, and then as his veneration spread, he would just get added to the calendar.  From what I understand, there was no formal process like one finds in the Chalcedonian Churches.

Whatever.  I just don't get why that is relevant to this thread.

Agreed.  We should all move on to the OP discussion.   police

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Merarches

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2012, 06:26:57 PM »

The rite of Papal enthronement has been posted:

http://www.copticworld.org/articles/1426/

What to expect during the serive of the Enthronement of His Holiness Pope Tawadros II of Alexandria:
One of the bishops will start the prayer according to the custom, the lections for the 17th of Hathor are read until the Praxis (Acts) and the Synaxarion. 
Then the priests go out with their censers and the deacons carrying crosses to the Papal residence, where the metropolitans and the bishops are with the one chosen for the patriarchal throne, then the door of the cathedral is locked and the keys are given to one of the archdeacons to stand at the door, waiting for the new Pope when he comes in order to deliver the keys to him.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Stavro
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2012, 09:25:38 PM »

In this "seating rite", the conventional prayers usually prayed when a canonical Patriarch is chosen from among the monks, last recited in 1959 at the ordination rite of Pope Kyrillos, will be omitted. There is no laying of hands, no descent of the Holy Spirit, no commission by God, and the new Pope will not be consecrated Patriarch of Alexandria. He will be called "Patriarch of St. Mark's Service" (Kerazah). Alexandria will continue to have no bishop.

If the trend of seating bishops as Popes continues in the future, we should adopt the Roman Papal model, in which the Pope is the Supreme head of the Church, and have a bishop for Alexandria. A general bishop will do as well. 

May the Lord grant the new Pope many years.   

In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the LORD at its border. (Isaiah 19:19)

" God forbid I should see the face of Judah or listen to his blasphemy" (Gerontius, Archmanidrite of the monastery of St. Melania)
mabsoota
Archon

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2012, 02:25:44 PM »

anyone who would like to spend 7 hours profitably can watch our patriarch's enthronement here:
 Smiley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHDNJV7P5-Q
at 2hrs 15mins is the bit where he is prayed over by the other bishops.
(if u don't have 7 hours!)

baba tawadros 2nd is not ordained here, as he was already a general bishop. he was chosen from among monks and bishops and has already shown great courage and humility.

the enthronement video also shows very good relations between the coptic church and other churches, especially eastern orthodox.

may the Lord preserve the life of both patriarch theodores for many years and peaceful times.
Dominika
Serbian/Polish
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Poland

St. Luke, pray for us!

« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2012, 02:43:11 PM »

Many years to the both Orthodox popes of Alexandria! Let God give them strength for these difficult times for Egyptian Christians. I pray that patriarch Tawadros II be this Good Shepherd from the Gospel he has read during the ceremony.

If I'm not mistaken, thank God, there was no any incident (well, except the absence of the president)

the enthronement video also shows very good relations between the coptic church and other churches, especially eastern orthodox.

may the Lord preserve the life of both patriarch theodores for many years and peaceful times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4Wx8dQHUzQA - That's what you said. Especially since 4:38. It's worth seeing it, both Orthodox patriarchs of Alexandria with the same name Wink I hope and pray that official unity of OO and EO can be proclaimed soon

Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria
mabsoota
Archon

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2012, 03:24:58 PM »

especially for salpy and co!
at 3hrs 5 minutes there is a prayer in armenian...
(before that, i heard prayers in english, french, german, spanish and either amharic or ge'ez)
minasoliman
Section Moderator
Merarches

« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2012, 04:13:28 PM »

Many years to the both Orthodox popes of Alexandria! Let God give them strength for these difficult times for Egyptian Christians. I pray that patriarch Tawadros II be this Good Shepherd from the Gospel he has read during the ceremony.

If I'm not mistaken, thank God, there was no any incident (well, except the absence of the president)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4Wx8dQHUzQA - That's what you said. Especially since 4:38. It's worth seeing it, both Orthodox patriarchs of Alexandria with the same name Wink I hope and pray that official unity of OO and EO can be proclaimed soon
Actually check out 4:50:30 and on.  HB Pope Theodorus II the Greek gives his congratulatory speech ending with a gift and an Axios.  I must say that is unheard of in the history of our churches.  This was an unusual enthronement service.  What made it more unusual was the diptych by the ArchChanter Ibrahim Ayad before the reading of the gospel, which included Pope Tawadros, Patriarch Mar Ignatius Zaka, and Pope Theodoros.  Never on an official level has this happened before as far as I recall.

mabsoota
Archon

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2012, 04:29:04 PM »

hi, dominika; this starts at 4hrs 50 minutes on the link i posted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHDNJV7P5-Q.
it is good that there is a shorter link for those who didn't watch all of it!
i actually saw some of this live on the screens at church, but the noise quality was poor.
it is clearly a lovely message, but i don't understand too much of it due to my poor arabic and absent greek.
patriarch theodore ('roman' orthodox as we call him) mentions the lovely name they both share, gives him a crown / bishops hat, yells axios! and gives him a lovely hug!

now we all need to follow his great example!
 Smiley
mabsoota
Archon

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2012, 04:31:37 PM »

minasoliman, i didn't notice this.
this is truly great.
i have to confess fast forwarding a few parts of the 7 hour liturgy!
 Embarrassed

will watch it in full when i retire...
 Wink
Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2012, 05:07:56 PM »

Actually check out 4:50:30 and on.  HB Pope Theodorus II the Greek gives his congratulatory speech ending with a gift and an Axios.  I must say that is unheard of in the history of our churches.  This was an unusual enthronement service.  What made it more unusual was the diptych by the ArchChanter Ibrahim Ayad before the reading of the gospel, which included Pope Tawadros, Patriarch Mar Ignatius Zaka, and Pope Theodoros.  Never on an official level has this happened before as far as I recall.

Awesome. Seeing Pope Theodoros II (EO) lift up the mitre and shout 'Axios', with the Coptic psaltes responding, and then going over to hand it to Pope Theodoros II (OO), it almost felt like the EO were crowning him as their own in a way.
mabsoota
Archon

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2012, 05:11:34 PM »

was truly awesome. i was very moved.
also at 5hrs 22 mins, there is a lovely message on behalf of patriarch bartholomew in english:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHDNJV7P5-Q

they are hoping to bring the theological dialogue 'swiftly... to a meaningful conclusion'.
keep fasting and praying!
 Cheesy
minasoliman
Section Moderator
Merarches

« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2012, 06:30:02 PM »

In case you're curious, the diptych before the gospel was said sometime after 4:05:00.

Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2012, 06:40:54 PM »

In case you're curious, the diptych before the gospel was said sometime after 4:05:00.

Grin  Grin  Grin
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2012, 10:51:13 PM »

Pictures from the orthodoxchurch.info news site:

See more here:

http://theorthodoxchurch.info/blog/news/2012/11/coptic-papal-consecration-snaps-report/

minasoliman
Section Moderator
Merarches

« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2012, 11:11:01 PM »

Funny moment:  when HG Bishop Paul of Tanta paused before saying the name of the Anglican bishop of Ireland:  Bishop Michael Jackson

On a serious note, touching moment when HE Metropolitan Bakhomious, who officially ended his own function as locum tenens in his speech says that now we as bishops and metropolitans must return to our dioceses under the orders and authority of HH Pope Tawadros, our father.  The spiritual father of His Holiness for decades has pretty much declared his sonship to him, leading the Pope to bawl in tears.  His Eminence continued to say that with a tone of boldness that this is the reality of the Coptic Church, that there is no competition, and regardless of age we must respect our new authority.

I must say I have so much respect for His Eminence, a truly righteous and most humble leader.

minasoliman
Section Moderator
Merarches

« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2012, 11:09:25 AM »

On a serious note, touching moment when HE Metropolitan Bakhomious, who officially ended his own function as locum tenens in his speech says that now we as bishops and metropolitans must return to our dioceses under the orders and authority of HH Pope Tawadros, our father.  The spiritual father of His Holiness for decades has pretty much declared his sonship to him, leading the Pope to bawl in tears.  His Eminence continued to say that with a tone of boldness that this is the reality of the Coptic Church, that there is no competition, and regardless of age we must respect our new authority.

I must say I have so much respect for His Eminence, a truly righteous and most humble leader.

Here's the clip of the speech by HE Metropolitan Bakhomious with English subtitles:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYW1AYxjk-w&feature=channel&list=UL
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 11:09:38 AM by minasoliman » Logged

minasoliman
Section Moderator
Merarches

« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2012, 11:31:32 AM »

Here's the clip of the speech by HE Metropolitan Bakhomious with English subtitles:

I must tell you, and I beg you, to watch at least the first 10 minutes.  Truly worth your time.

ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2012, 11:55:09 AM »

The seating arrangement of the Greek HH Pope Theodore II is interesting.

HE Met. Bakhomious got the Coptic HH Pope Theodore II's papacy off to a good start.  His Arabic (Classical, that is) was excellent.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2012, 06:09:45 AM »

Do all deacons in the Coptic Church wear the hat? I think this is the first time I've seen a Coptic deacon (not just a reader or chanter performing the role of deacon).
sheenj
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Indian/Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church

St. Gregorios of Parumala, pray for us...

« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2012, 10:12:19 AM »

Do all deacons in the Coptic Church wear the hat? I think this is the first time I've seen a Coptic deacon (not just a reader or chanter performing the role of deacon).

I've seen EOTC Deacons with that kind of hat, so maybe he's Ethiopian/Eritrean?
minasoliman
Section Moderator
Merarches

« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2012, 11:03:47 AM »

I believe you're talking about the Archdeacon, Archdeacon Roshdi Wassef, who is also a scholar graduating from the Theological School in Athens.

Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2012, 11:07:16 AM »

I believe you're talking about the Archdeacon, Archdeacon Roshdi Wassef, who is also a scholar graduating from the Theological School in Athens.

So the hat is only for archdeacons?
minasoliman
Section Moderator
Merarches

« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2012, 11:12:29 AM »

So the hat is only for archdeacons?
Yes

minasoliman
Section Moderator
Merarches

« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2012, 01:17:34 PM »

This is a letter from HB Pope Theodoros II to HH Pope Tawadros II two weeks earlier when it was known HH Pope Tawadros was chosen for the Papacy.  It's a shorter and similar version of the speech he gave at the enthronement ceremony:

http://www.patriarchateofalexandria.com/index.php?module=news&action=details&id=864#prettyPhoto

We both bear the name “Theodoros II” as an historic draft towards closer understanding for the noble people of Egypt, and we wholeheartedly pray that the Lord will preserve Your Beatitude in continual health and much strength for the benefit of your reasonable flock.

The speech at the enthronement in Greek can be read here:

http://www.patriarchateofalexandria.com/index.php?module=news&action=details&id=871
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 01:18:34 PM by minasoliman » Logged

minasoliman
Section Moderator
Merarches

« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2012, 02:54:50 PM »

A better translation provided by someone from Facebook than CYC's subtitles:

On this blessed day, during which we celebrate the enthronement of our blessed and honored father, His Holiness Pope Tawadros the Second, on behalf of the holy synod of the Coptic Orthodox Church in the world, we present to you the successor of Saint Mark, the thirteenth apostle, the father of fathers, the archpriest and archbishop, Pope Tawadros the Second.

And my beloved, briefly, we remember our father, His Holiness, the reposed, Pope Shenouda III, whose fatherhood we shall not forget, in addition to his heritage, his leadership, his thought, his love, his zeal, and all his virtues, which we have received and shall pass on from generation to generation and unto the end of the ages.

His Holiness Pope Shenouda III, who has passed from among us, has not left us orphans. He prays for us, and has given us his gift, one of his own children, upon whom he had placed his own apostolic hand, our beloved father, His Holiness Pope Abba Tawadros II.

For our church, my beloved, is a mother. She is not barren. She gives birth to generation after generation. And that which we have received from our ancestors and our saints, we pass on to the coming generations with complete honesty.

We have known His Holiness, our beloved father, Pope Tawadros, since his childhood. A tongue is not able to speak of him. In his childhood, he was a pure. In his adolescence, he was spotless and possessing a serving nature. In his monasticism, he was stringent and ascetic. In his episcopacy, he was zealous and revitalizing.

Therefore, looking forward with the eyes of hope, what he shall introduce will not be for the church of Egypt and the Coptic Church only, but also for the whole world. He shall introduce thought, a spirit, and a heritage full of zeal, and love for the church of God, and for Egypt and her people, her Muslims and Christians, her elders and her young, and her imams and her priests. He shall give these things to Egypt.

And we look ahead with the eyes of hope, that in the manner the Lord used him in past years, he shall use him again unto the end of the ages, O our beloved master.

We, on this joyous day, hand the church to His Holiness. And inasmuch as the Lord worked through us in the recent past to take the responsibility of the work [raucous applause and standing ovation by thousands interrupts], through your prayers and fasts, the Lord has done many great things with us until He brought us unto this blessed day.

My beloved, having taken on the responsibility of the church, we return to our diocese reduced in stature under the feet of His Holiness, our beloved father [the newly installed pope is reduced to tears, visibly shaken, as the congregants rise again to their feet and applaud for minutes. The large television screens clearly show the emotions on his face]

I say this from my heart: I shall be a son to him and a servant under his feet. And all of us in the Holy Synod, we believe in spiritual paternity. There is no conflict over authority in our church! [raucous applause]

We are the sons of Saint Mark and the many patriarchs until Pope Shenouda. We have learned humility from them. We learned penitence from them. We learned the service of the washing of feet from them. So our goal is only the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ and His service.

I thank you, my beloved, for your cooperation with me. I thank my fathers, their graces, the metropolitans and bishops, who labored much with us. The many committees who were formed to bring us to this blessed day.

Many of the beloved – the Holy Synod, the lay councils, the endowment department, the committee for papal candidates, the committee for registrants, the committee for appeals, the committee for elections, the lawyers, the scouts – we offer our appreciation and love to all of them. I wish to thank each one by his or her name, but we lack time.

edit:  Just realized that the translation was provide for by lacopts.org, by Mark Moussa
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 03:03:19 PM by minasoliman » Logged

mabsoota
Archon

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2012, 03:09:27 PM »

beautiful beyond words...
i will copy it to another website; quoting this one.

by the way, the letter from the eastern orthodox website is found more easily here:
http://www.patriarchateofalexandria.com/index.php?module=news&action=details&id=864
(the other link led me to the greek version)
minasoliman
Section Moderator
Merarches

« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2012, 03:23:53 PM »

beautiful beyond words...
i will copy it to another website; quoting this one.

by the way, the letter from the eastern orthodox website is found more easily here:
http://www.patriarchateofalexandria.com/index.php?module=news&action=details&id=864
(the other link led me to the greek version)
ah yes...thank you...my apologies...

In any case, it's listed under November 4 news feed of the website once you click on the English link from the top.

copticmind

Faith: Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Alexandria

GeorgeFahim
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2012, 04:27:57 PM »

YEAH... I watched the enthronement service live, and I couldn't believe my ears! I wanted to repeat that part again to make sure that cantor Ibrahim really mentioned H.B.'s name. So I waited until the enthronement was uploaded to YouTube and watched that part again! even if all of this was unusual, I really felt the genuine and brotherly love, that hopefully will lead to something fruitful in the near future.

But this wasn't the first time I witness a similar thing, I remember that several years ago, H.B. Pope Peter VII (the previous Greek Orthodox Patriarch of Alexandria) visited my church in Alexandria, and he entered the church in a procession while our deacons were chanting the Coptic Papal hymns. H.B. gave then a really heart-warming talk that I unfortunately fail to remember, but I still can recall how I felt while listening to his words.

Ⲡⲁϭⲟⲓⲥ Ⲓⲏⲥ Ⲡⲭⲥ ⳿ⲡϣⲏⲣⲓ ⳿ⲙ⳿Ⲫⲛⲟⲩϯ ⲛⲁⲓ ⲛⲏⲓ ⲁⲛⲟⲕ ⲡⲓⲣⲉϥⲉⲣⲛⲟⲃⲓ
يا ربي يسوع المسيح ابن الله ارحمني أنا الخاطئ
copticmind

Faith: Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Alexandria

GeorgeFahim
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2012, 04:40:49 PM »

The seating arrangement of the Greek HH Pope Theodore II is interesting.

HE Met. Bakhomious got the Coptic HH Pope Theodore II's papacy off to a good start.  His Arabic (Classical, that is) was excellent.

H.E.'s speech was great, but not without grammatical mistakes, I was a bit irritated when H.E. "كان يكسر المفعول به و ينصب المضاف إليه" (sorry can't write this in English). But, of course, this doesn't diminish the value of his great words that really showed how humble he is.

Ⲡⲁϭⲟⲓⲥ Ⲓⲏⲥ Ⲡⲭⲥ ⳿ⲡϣⲏⲣⲓ ⳿ⲙ⳿Ⲫⲛⲟⲩϯ ⲛⲁⲓ ⲛⲏⲓ ⲁⲛⲟⲕ ⲡⲓⲣⲉϥⲉⲣⲛⲟⲃⲓ
يا ربي يسوع المسيح ابن الله ارحمني أنا الخاطئ
Tags: Coptic Orthodox Church Pope Tawadros 
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: