OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 26, 2014, 06:49:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Misadventures of Pawing A Terrible Memory.  (Read 700 times) Average Rating: 0
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« on: November 04, 2012, 04:45:33 AM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Your favorite burden to carry, which can only be yours truly, has finally located my old wedding set, miraculously. My ex-gf found it in a pocket of a toiletries bag, for who knows how long, but Lord have his mercy that it would have been lost in the toothpaste of time.

I need to pawn it, but anyone have any tips/suggestions on how I should go about doing it.

Some factoids:

- The blinging main diamond is a Brilliant Cut weighing at .86 carats, I1 in Clarity and G in Color. Retail Price: 2,690.00
- Wedding set is 14K White Gold with 61 round diamonds at .60 carat total gem weight. Retail Price: 1,690.00

If anyone is interested in seeing the wedding set, I'd be happy to post up some pictures. It's in the shop until I pick it up tomorrow so I can get it really cleaned well. The fire of that diamond is truly a sight to behold. In fact when I was doing alot of research on diamonds, I became so fascinated with them I wanted to be a jeweler in the span of about a week. Throw your diamonds in the sky if you feel the vibe! achronosblingbling.gif

Anyway all the help would be appreciated.

In Christ,
Achronos
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 04:47:15 AM by Achronos » Logged

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
quietmorning
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

St. Photini

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 10:53:40 AM »

Please don't pawn it.  It will sell much better if you sell it yourself.  Pawning is a loan - SELLING to a pawn shop will never give you any kind of return on it.  Better to put it in the paper or sell on Ebay or Craigs list - with possibly some pictures.

My two cents - free, so take our leave.  Cheesy

Good luck, Achronos.

PS. Great impersonation! Sound just like! Smiley

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 10:54:48 AM »

You already bought the wedding ring?

"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me"
-Benjamin Disraeli
quietmorning
Archon

St. Photini

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 11:01:54 AM »

If my memory serves me right, he was engaged and had a horrible breakup.  So, there would have been a wedding set purchased or at least an engagement ring.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 11:02:18 AM by quietmorning » Logged

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 11:13:36 AM »

If my memory serves me right, he was engaged and had a horrible breakup.  So, there would have been a wedding set purchased or at least an engagement ring.

Undecided

I feel sorry for Achronos.

-Benjamin Disraeli
quietmorning
Archon

St. Photini

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 11:36:19 AM »

Undecided

Smiley He's come a very long way in healing from that disaster.  But right now the problem at hand is the wedding set - I'm glad it might help him out financially - that's a good thing.  Redemptive value.  

The good thing is that he may well make one wonderful woman one totally awesome husband one day - who knows what the Lord will do.  

Any suggestions to sell the wedding set quickly and painlessly with a good return?

PS - Achronos, please forgive me for stepping in here. . . guess the mom instinct went to work.  I'm sure you can take care of your own stuff. 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 11:37:22 AM by quietmorning » Logged

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 02:09:20 PM »

I will take it off your hands for a hefty sum of $3.50. So long as you pay shipping.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 02:23:33 PM »

Except for the typo and the period this is a most excellent post title. Though "pawing a terrible memory" could also be done I suppose. I don't have any suggestions for what to do with them though.
Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 02:31:09 PM »

I will take it off your hands for a hefty sum of $3.50. So long as you pay shipping.

Angry

-Benjamin Disraeli
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 03:28:13 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
Please don't pawn it.  It will sell much better if you sell it yourself.  Pawning is a loan - SELLING to a pawn shop will never give you any kind of return on it.  Better to put it in the paper or sell on Ebay or Craigs list - with possibly some pictures.

My two cents - free, so take our leave.  Cheesy

Good luck, Achronos.

PS. Great impersonation! Sound just like! Smiley
Ok I'll give that a shot first. I know I'm not going to get back what I paid for, but couldn't I find a gold/diamond buyer would actually purchase it? I'll find out today if I can sell it back to Shane Co.

Undecided

Smiley He's come a very long way in healing from that disaster.  But right now the problem at hand is the wedding set - I'm glad it might help him out financially - that's a good thing.  Redemptive value.  

The good thing is that he may well make one wonderful woman one totally awesome husband one day - who knows what the Lord will do.  

Any suggestions to sell the wedding set quickly and painlessly with a good return?

PS - Achronos, please forgive me for stepping in here. . . guess the mom instinct went to work.  I'm sure you can take care of your own stuff.  
My engagement was years ago, since then I've been in 2 long term relationships. But I am A-OK and extremely thankful to God that I am no longer in that situation anymore. I'm glad it came to an end, she was not the right person for me.

$3.51 and I can send you the wedding box.

Except for the typo and the period this is a most excellent post title. Though "pawing a terrible memory" could also be done I suppose. I don't have any suggestions for what to do with them though.
!

In Christ,
Achronos
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 03:36:50 PM by Achronos » Logged

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 03:45:42 PM »

I don't know how good these places are, but I see a lot of "we buy gold" signs these days. Maybe you can get a good price, because metals sell for pretty high values nowadays.

Good luck.  Kiss
Red A.

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 06:10:20 PM »

$3.51 and I can send you the wedding box.

In Christ,
Achronos

I'll give you 3.95 for it but only if you dig up a shrubbery and send that with it.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: