OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 02:46:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We finally did it.  (Read 466 times) Average Rating: 0
Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« on: October 30, 2012, 10:41:53 PM »

My significant other and I went to an attorney's office this afternoon and signed our wills, POAs and advance directives to protect ourselves legally. What a relief. Cool We almost didn't get the chance...we thought Sandy would stop us, but our attorney called us yesterday and told he had the doc's ready and we could sign them by portable lights if neccesary.

Proverbs 22:7
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 11:27:44 PM »

Nothin to do now but the dyin!

Well, maybe not right away... Smiley

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
Tallitot
Archon

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 12:48:57 AM »

Well, at least now I can die responsibly Wink

Tallitot
Archon

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 09:05:14 AM »

Nothin to do now but the dyin!

Well, maybe not right away... Smiley
But in seriousness...everyone needs to make these plans, no matter what your situation. Not doing it only sets up your loved ones for stress ans drama when you become ill or die. Why make a lousy situation more stressful for those you leave behind? We will all die someday. Preparing fo rthat inevitability isn't being morbid it's being mature IMHO.

quietmorning
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

St. Photini

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 09:52:29 AM »

Well, at least now I can die responsibly Wink

**like**

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

Faith: Melkite Greek-Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 03:06:51 AM »

But in seriousness...everyone needs to make these plans, no matter what your situation. Not doing it only sets up your loved ones for stress ans drama when you become ill or die. Why make a lousy situation more stressful for those you leave behind? We will all die someday. Preparing fo rthat inevitability isn't being morbid it's being mature IMHO.

Perhaps the truest words you've ever posted, my friend (and I don't mean that as any kind of put-down).

Many years,

Neil

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory
Tallitot
Archon

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 04:27:35 AM »

Perhaps the truest words you've ever posted, my friend (and I don't mean that as any kind of put-down).

Many years,

Neil
Thanx. I really feel strongly about this. Working in hospitals for 30+ yrs I've seen people of all types and ages have to deal with these issues. it's a shame when someone who is faced with a loved one's illness and/or death has the added headache of deal with financial and legal issues that could have been arranged ahead of time. Whether you're married or single, a parent or childless no matter what your financial situation, having things in order can only help.

Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 07:49:46 AM »

Bought (and paid) your burial plots, caskets, etc.? If you're serious go the full route. Same reasoning.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Tallitot
Archon

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 08:32:28 AM »

Bought (and paid) your burial plots, caskets, etc.? If you're serious go the full route. Same reasoning.
That's on the list for when we accomplish a couple more financial goals.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: