OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 26, 2014, 11:05:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Metropolitan-elect Antony and Bishop-elect Gregory in Constantinople  (Read 1122 times) Average Rating: 0
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« on: November 01, 2012, 08:47:13 AM »

His Grace, Bishop-Elect Gregory (ACROD), and His Eminence, Metropolitan-elect Antony (UOCUSA) accompanied by clergy of their respective jurisdictions and the Very Rev. Protopresbyter Mark Arey, Director of the Office of Inter-Orthodox, Ecumenical and Interfaith Relations of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America traveled to the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople to take part in the official ceremonies of announcement and acceptance of their recent elections. Bishop-Elect Gregory will be consecrated and entroned at Christ the Savior Cathedral, Johnstown, PA on November 27, 2012. Axios to both hierarchs! Axios! Many Years!   

Photo links:  http://www.acrod.org/multimedia/photos?setID=72157631899314045
Basil 320
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of Pittsburgh

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 09:36:48 AM »

"They are Worthy;" "Axios, Axios Axios."

"...Strengthen the Orthodox Community..."
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 10:11:18 PM »

My hierarchs!  Smiley

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 10:28:30 PM »

Axios!

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 10:43:54 PM »

Liza, can you give me the names & titles of the other 2?

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 06:05:19 AM »

Archibishop Anthony of Hierapolis, Bishops Daniel of Pamphilon and Gregory of Nyssa.
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 10:50:10 AM »

Archibishop Anthony of Hierapolis, Bishops Daniel of Pamphilon and Gregory of Nyssa.

Archbishop Antony -Bound Brook, NJ        UOCUSA
Bishop Daniel -  Chicago                        UOCUSA
Bishop-elect Gregory - Johnstown, PA      ACROD
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 10:50:25 AM by podkarpatska » Logged
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 11:30:45 AM »

My bad, Fr. Gregory hasn't been consecrated yet.
LizaSymonenko
Global Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 03:34:41 AM »

You can read more about it, here:

http://www.uocofusa.org/news_121103_1.html

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Father H
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian--God's One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: UOCofUSA-Ecumenical Patriarchate

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 09:12:03 PM »

Now Metropolitan Antony of Hierapolis, Bishop Daniel of Pamphilon, and Bishop-elect Gregory of Nyssa.  
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 09:12:41 PM by Father H » Logged
Monk Vasyl
High Elder

Jurisdiction: UOC of USA

Monk Vasyl
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 11:13:19 AM »

Now Metropolitan Antony of Hierapolis, Bishop Daniel of Pamphilon, and Bishop-elect Gregory of Nyssa.  

Father, so I can drop the title "Metropolitan-Elect"?

The unworthy hierodeacon, Vasyl
LizaSymonenko
Global Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 11:29:10 AM »

At the Extraordinary Sobor, "Archbishop" Antony instructed us that he was to be referred to as Metropolitan-elect, until the day his name got entered in to the Church Diptychs in Constantinople,... which has now occurred.

However, on the Church website, he is still listed everywhere as Metropolitan-Elect.

I do believe there will be a formal "enthronement" ceremony in the near future....and maybe at that point the "elect" falls away?

—St. Isaac of Syria
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 01:34:18 PM »

At the Extraordinary Sobor, "Archbishop" Antony instructed us that he was to be referred to as Metropolitan-elect, until the day his name got entered in to the Church Diptychs in Constantinople,... which has now occurred.

However, on the Church website, he is still listed everywhere as Metropolitan-Elect.

I do believe there will be a formal "enthronement" ceremony in the near future....and maybe at that point the "elect" falls away?

^ Exactly.  So first he will be ordained to the Archpriesthood and become a "bishop" and then he will be enthroned as Metropolitan.  They usually happen within days of each other, but not always. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Monk Vasyl
High Elder

Monk Vasyl
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 01:58:32 PM »

^ Exactly.  So first he will be ordained to the Archpriesthood and become a "bishop" and then he will be enthroned as Metropolitan.  They usually happen within days of each other, but not always. 

I maybe reading this wrong, but His Eminence is already an archbishop.  When I read the EP's speech, at one point he referred to Archbishop Antony as Metropolitan.

LizaSymonenko
Global Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 02:30:55 PM »

The EP does refer to him as Metropolitan Antony - "We warmly congratulate Metropolitan Antony for his elevation and join in the fervent prayer and joyful wish of all members of your congregation: Axios!"

http://www.patriarchate.org/documents/his-all-holiness-addresses-metropolitan-elect-antony-of-the-ukrainian-orthodox-church-of-the-usa

—St. Isaac of Syria
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 02:55:34 PM »

Maybe I read something wrong!  I was referring to the process for Bishop-Elect Gregory. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Father H
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian--God's One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: UOCofUSA-Ecumenical Patriarchate

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 03:39:44 PM »

Father, so I can drop the title "Metropolitan-Elect"?

Hi Father.  Yes, he is now "Metropolitan Antony."  At beginning of Patriarch's address, he was "Metropolitan Elect," at the end, he declares him "Metropolitan Antony": 

"We warmly congratulate Metropolitan Antony for his elevation and join in the fervent prayer and joyful wish of all members of your Church:  Axios!"

Also further down, the Consistory itself now calls him Metropolitan:
"In addition to the elevation of Metropolitan Antony, a new bishop was elected this day for the American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Church – the successor to Metropolitan Nicholas of blessed memory – in the person of Bishop-Elect Gregory (Tatsis)."

http://uocofusa.org/news_121103_1.html

He is now to be commemorated as "His Eminence Metropolitan Antony."  Even though he is not enthroned yet, his rank is now Metropolitan.  Not all of the pages have been updated yet on the website.  For example, one page lists Bishop Daniel as "President elect" of the consistory whereas another simply lists him as President.   
LizaSymonenko
Global Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 04:56:43 PM »

Thanks for the clarification, Father!

—St. Isaac of Syria
Monk Vasyl
High Elder

Monk Vasyl
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 05:04:25 PM »

Father, bless!

Thanks, Father.  I will make the necessary changes in my liturgical books, as well as my commemorations for the living at the Prothesis.  I was overjoyed when I heard of His Eminence's election.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: