Author Topic: We finally did it.  (Read 581 times)

Offline Tallitot

• Archon
We finally did it.
« on: October 30, 2012, 10:41:53 PM »
My significant other and I went to an attorney's office this afternoon and signed our wills, POAs and advance directives to protect ourselves legally. What a relief. 8) We almost didn't get the chance...we thought Sandy would stop us, but our attorney called us yesterday and told he had the doc's ready and we could sign them by portable lights if neccesary.
Proverbs 22:7

Online Justin Kissel

• Protospatharios
  • my finger points
Re: We finally did it.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 11:27:44 PM »
Nothin to do now but the dyin!

Well, maybe not right away... :)

Offline Tallitot

• Archon
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 12:48:57 AM »
Well, at least now I can die responsibly ;)

Offline Tallitot

• Archon
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 09:05:14 AM »
Nothin to do now but the dyin!

Well, maybe not right away... :)
But in seriousness...everyone needs to make these plans, no matter what your situation. Not doing it only sets up your loved ones for stress ans drama when you become ill or die. Why make a lousy situation more stressful for those you leave behind? We will all die someday. Preparing fo rthat inevitability isn't being morbid it's being mature IMHO.

Offline quietmorning

• Archon
  • St. Photini please pray for us!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 09:52:29 AM »
Well, at least now I can die responsibly ;)

**like**

In His Mercy,
BethAnna

Offline Irish Melkite

• Information Mongeror
  • High Elder
    • Byzantine Forum
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 03:06:51 AM »
But in seriousness...everyone needs to make these plans, no matter what your situation. Not doing it only sets up your loved ones for stress ans drama when you become ill or die. Why make a lousy situation more stressful for those you leave behind? We will all die someday. Preparing fo rthat inevitability isn't being morbid it's being mature IMHO.

Perhaps the truest words you've ever posted, my friend (and I don't mean that as any kind of put-down).

Many years,

Neil
"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory

Offline Tallitot

• Archon
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 04:27:35 AM »

Perhaps the truest words you've ever posted, my friend (and I don't mean that as any kind of put-down).

Many years,

Neil
Thanx. I really feel strongly about this. Working in hospitals for 30+ yrs I've seen people of all types and ages have to deal with these issues. it's a shame when someone who is faced with a loved one's illness and/or death has the added headache of deal with financial and legal issues that could have been arranged ahead of time. Whether you're married or single, a parent or childless no matter what your financial situation, having things in order can only help.

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 07:49:46 AM »
Bought (and paid) your burial plots, caskets, etc.? If you're serious go the full route. Same reasoning.
"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides

Offline Tallitot

• Archon
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 08:32:28 AM »
Bought (and paid) your burial plots, caskets, etc.? If you're serious go the full route. Same reasoning.
That's on the list for when we accomplish a couple more financial goals.