OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 22, 2014, 09:55:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greek Orthodox Church twitter promoting Papal releases  (Read 493 times) Average Rating: 0
Gunnarr
OC.net guru

« on: January 25, 2013, 04:45:39 AM »

Saw this on twitter. Pretty weird in my opinion.

I want to tweet back (if i had unlimited characters):

Arius tweets: "God has not always been Father; there was a moment when he was alone, and was not yet Father: later he became so."

*Greek Orthodox Church retweets* (In the Spirit of brotherly love and truth!)

I am a demonic servant! Beware!
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 04:56:38 AM »

Why do you use two browsers?

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Protokentarchos

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 05:33:17 PM »

That's ecumenism for you

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Cavaradossi
法網恢恢,疏而不漏
OC.net guru

Faith: Chalcedonian Automaton Serial No. 5Aj4bx9
Jurisdiction: Chalcedonian Automaton Factory 5

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 05:39:14 PM »

Or we could just recognize that the idea that social media will become a necessary part of Christian evangelism in the coming century is a good one. Not every idea the heterodox have is a bad one, you know.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 05:39:50 PM by Cavaradossi » Logged

Be comforted, and have faith, O Israel, for your God is infinitely simple and one, composed of no parts.
Cyrillic
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 05:53:14 PM »

How horrible! The Greek Orthodox retweet the Pope's stance on social media! Is outrage!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 05:58:37 PM by Cyrillic » Logged

"Copiare il vero può essere una buona cosa, ma inventare il vero è meglio, molto meglio. "
-Giuseppe Verdi
Tony

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 06:01:45 PM »

That's ecumenism for you

How horrible! The Greek Orthodox retweet the Pope's stance on social media! Is outrage!

laugh

Yeah, but this could start a slippery slope. They might next tweet the Pope's secret recipe for souvlaki. Greeks using Greek cooking recipe from the Vatican?!?! Is truly outrage!!!
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 06:15:41 PM »

That's ecumenism for you

Using two browsers you mean?

Lt. Ray Makonnen: "You know, Captain, every year of my life I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and the best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful. If you just take the time to look at it."

Capt. Frank Chapman: "You're some guy, Makonnen."
Peacemaker
Elder

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 08:14:56 PM »

Our Patriarchs are Successors of the Apostles, appointed by God. Worry about your sins, have faith in The Lord for everything else.

Arius tweets: "God has not always been Father; there was a moment when he was alone, and was not yet Father: later he became so."

To say the Father was not always the Father could be seen a heresy. God is always the Father, before all ages. God is never separate, God is the Son and the Holy Spirit always. God said "I AM," not I was or I will be.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 08:16:49 PM by Peacemaker » Logged

"If you die before you die, you will not die when you die"
Melodist
Archon

Faith: The Faith That Established The Universe
Jurisdiction: AOANA

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 09:02:59 PM »

That's ecumenism for you
Using two browsers you mean?

They both access the same internet, who are you to say one is better than the other or judge anyone for preferring one over the other?

And FWIW, these are our Fathers too, you know.

Made Perfect in Weakness - Latest Post: The Son of God
Gunnarr
OC.net guru

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 06:04:04 PM »

good question

I used to always use firefox, but lately I have been transitioning to google chrome. I prefer to use firefox for watching youtube videos because there are no ads then because it has an ad blocker. Anyway, on the google chrome I had forum things and I was writing there so I left it there.

sheenj
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Indian/Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church

St. Gregorios of Parumala, pray for us...

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 06:06:11 PM »

good question

I used to always use firefox, but lately I have been transitioning to google chrome. I prefer to use firefox for watching youtube videos because there are no ads then because it has an ad blocker. Anyway, on the google chrome I had forum things and I was writing there so I left it there.

There's adblock available for Google Chrome as well.
Gunnarr
OC.net guru

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 06:10:19 PM »

I know!!!

I did not follow the Greek Orthodox Church to read junk from the heretic of old rome! I am unfollowing them in protest

Or we could just recognize that the idea that social media will become a necessary part of Christian evangelism in the coming century is a good one. Not every idea the heterodox have is a bad one, you know.

Maybe the Church should do something instead of having heretics do all the work.

Our Patriarchs are Successors of the Apostles, appointed by God. Worry about your sins, have faith in The Lord for everything else.

This is not the twitter account of the Green Patriarch. he has his own twitter account.

Cyrillic
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 06:36:03 PM »

I know!!!

I did not follow the Greek Orthodox Church to read junk from the heretic of old rome! I am unfollowing them in protest

Not sure whether you're being sarcastic or not.

"Copiare il vero può essere una buona cosa, ma inventare il vero è meglio, molto meglio. "
-Giuseppe Verdi
William
Protokentarchos

Faith: None

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2013, 07:46:32 PM »

*Greek Orthodox Church retweets* (In the Spirit of brotherly love and truth!)

Lol, thanks Gunnarr.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. - Matt. 5:24
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: