OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 03:49:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Wars Episode 7: Set for 2015 Release  (Read 5330 times) Average Rating: 0
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Truth, Justice, and the American way!

« on: October 30, 2012, 04:11:33 PM »

"Continuing its strategy of delivering exceptional creative content to audiences around the world, The Walt Disney Company has agreed to acquire Lucasfilm Ltd. in a stock and cash transaction. Lucasfilm is 100% owned by Lucasfilm Chairman and Founder, George Lucas. Under the terms of the agreement and based on the closing price of Disney stock on October 26, 2012, the transaction value is $4.05 billion, with Disney paying approximately half of the consideration in cash and issuing approximately 40 million shares at closing. The final consideration will be subject to customary post-closing balance sheet adjustments..."

Full article: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=69442

This news is appearing on normal news sites like abc news, so I think its legit. Not sure I even know what to say... Another Star Wars movie???

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 04:15:01 PM »

I'm wondering if they'll use material from the Timothy Zahn books... In any case, I really have ceased to care about what Lucas and co. do to Star Wars. I enjoy the original trilogy but I think their greatness has been way overinflated.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 04:19:04 PM »

"Continuing its strategy of delivering exceptional creative content to audiences around the world, The Walt Disney Company has agreed to acquire Lucasfilm Ltd. in a stock and cash transaction. Lucasfilm is 100% owned by Lucasfilm Chairman and Founder, George Lucas. Under the terms of the agreement and based on the closing price of Disney stock on October 26, 2012, the transaction value is $4.05 billion, with Disney paying approximately half of the consideration in cash and issuing approximately 40 million shares at closing. The final consideration will be subject to customary post-closing balance sheet adjustments..."

Full article: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=69442

This news is appearing on normal news sites like abc news, so I think its legit. Not sure I even know what to say... Another Star Wars movie???

If true, that makes very little sense. Prequel to all of them? In between? Sequel?

The EU & canon is pretty locked down now, so there isn't too much they can do other than just use what has already been in books and comics.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 04:19:45 PM »

I'm wondering if they'll use material from the Timothy Zahn books... In any case, I really have ceased to care about what Lucas and co. do to Star Wars. I enjoy the original trilogy but I think their greatness has been way overinflated.

I think the first two were really good though the Ewoks kinda screwed the pooch.  Not going to get into the other three abortions.
88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 04:21:07 PM »

This probably also gives Disney a lot more rights to Indiana Jones.
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 04:23:25 PM »

I think the first two were really good though the Ewoks kinda screwed the pooch.  Not going to get into the other three abortions.
Yes, the prequels were just about the worst thing that ever happened to a movie ever. However, if Disney keeps Lucas at lest 50 feet away from the script of episode 7, at all times, this might turn out well.

Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 04:24:19 PM »

Hopefully. Because The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was another (as you stated) "abortion".

88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 04:29:25 PM »

Hopefully. Because The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was another (as you stated) "abortion".

I didn't state it was an abortion, I think it was vamrat. I really need to change my avatar because it confuses me too.

I liked the prequels, but Ep 1 & 2 weren't quite that good, I liked Ep. 3 though.

I hope they are just calling it Episode 7 as a preliminary title. Maybe they'll do a series around the KOTOR era or the later Legacy era.

They do need to keep Lucas at arms length, but they also need to hold strictly to the Star Wars canon, otherwise this will not work at all.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 04:30:23 PM by 88Devin12 » Logged
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 04:53:19 PM »

I didn't state it was an abortion, I think it was vamrat. I really need to change my avatar because it confuses me too.

I liked the prequels, but Ep 1 & 2 weren't quite that good, I liked Ep. 3 though.

I hope they are just calling it Episode 7 as a preliminary title. Maybe they'll do a series around the KOTOR era or the later Legacy era.

They do need to keep Lucas at arms length, but they also need to hold strictly to the Star Wars canon, otherwise this will not work at all.

Agreed on all counts.  First - I was planning on changing mine at some point since we will never replace Fr. Ambrose no matter how many look like him, I just haven't decided on which Napoleonic cavalryman I will replace it with.
Second, I am a sucker for anything KOTOR so would definitely see it, especially if some random Sith decided to go all chopsaki on Gungans.  That would be awesome.
Third - George Luca should be kept in a gestation crate to come up with very general ideas and then left in the dark until the movie can be produced without his malevolent interference.
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 05:29:53 PM »

Yes, the prequels were just about the worst thing that ever happened to a movie ever. However, if Disney keeps Lucas at lest 50 feet away from the script of episode 7, at all times, this might turn out well.

No. Lucas.

Yes. Life is good.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 05:33:31 PM »

Lucas is a hack.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
FormerReformer
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 05:35:49 PM »

Lucas is a hack.

Lucas had his time and place. It coincided with the lifespan of the original Atari VCS.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 05:37:54 PM »

What will they cover since about 50 (60?) years ABY is already pretty described?

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
choy
Archon

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 05:42:15 PM »

Would this cover the kids of Han and Leia, and also Luke's child by I forgot who?
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 07:20:48 PM »

Would this cover the kids of Han and Leia, and also Luke's child by I forgot who?
Luke had a child with Mara Jade who was a sith turned Jedi.

age234
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 07:29:54 PM »

My concern is this: It's not Star Wars without the 20th Century Fox fanfare at the beginning. It's just not.

In 1999 Lucas said he didn't want to do the sequel trilogy because Vader doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married, so there's nothing to make a movie about. The whole arc is the story of Anakin Skywalker.

It could easily be expanded into an adventure with the rest of the cast (pity they're all too old now, though not prohibitively). I've never gotten into the Expanded Universe stuff, so as far as I'm concerned it's not canon. I'd be up for an alternate storyline. While I haven't read much EU stuff, I'm not a fan of most concepts I've heard about.

I'm fine with Lucas writing the initial draft and giving creative input, but by Walt Disney's pencil, don't let that man direct it. It could be amazing. Empire was amazing.

My friends are excited that now we may finally see the original versions on Bluray. Although Disney has that notorious Vault, so they're as stingy about their films as Lucas is.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 07:38:51 PM by age234 » Logged
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 08:18:55 PM »

In 1999 Lucas said he didn't want to do the sequel trilogy because Vader doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married, so there's nothing to make a movie about. The whole arc is the story of Anakin Skywalker.

2 out of 3 actually happened...

I've never gotten into the Expanded Universe stuff, so as far as I'm concerned it's not canon. I'd be up for an alternate storyline.

So you are a Sola Pellicula type?

EU is canon. Lucas still keeps his eyes on major events.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 08:19:06 PM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
FormerReformer
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 08:39:46 PM »

My concern is this: It's not Star Wars without the 20th Century Fox fanfare at the beginning. It's just not.

And long before then, Lucas claimed to have a 9 episode arc in mind.

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 08:45:05 PM »

Indeed.  I sincerely hope that man does not believe his own press on the history of the Star Wars storyline...

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
age234
High Elder

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 08:49:27 PM »

Oh he definitely did. But he must have thought better of it.

I'll be seeing it regardless. Even if it was titled Jar Jar's Revenge I'd see it. Lol
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2012, 08:56:23 PM »

Fun Fact: Jar Jar Binks dad was so ashamed of how much of a failure his son was, that he tried to commit suicide, but failed in doing so.

He also sent his son out on suicide missions, in the hopes that his son would die

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2012, 08:58:40 PM »

I can't wait for Star Wars on ice

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2012, 09:00:08 PM »

I'll be seeing it regardless. Even if it was titled Jar Jar's Revenge I'd see it. Lol
We star wars fans are like victims of domestic abuse. We always go back for more.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2012, 09:03:45 PM »

I guess Disney really wanted a good Sci-Fi franchise, after John Carter bombed, even though I thought it was a fairly decent movie.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2012, 09:23:57 PM »

I can't wait for Star Wars on ice

Puke, Luke's son contacts the Force Ghost of Yoda in Dagobah.

- What's the secret of the Force, Master Yoda?

- Follow your heart, you must!

- Follow my heart? What do you mean?

- Hmmm...Explain better I will. Some friends I need. Puggy, Laughty, Forcy!

(weird but funny animals of the swamp emerge)

(Funny voice) - Yes Master Yoda!

- Following the heart, this boy doesn't know.

(Puggy) - It's easy to follow your heart!
(Laughy) - Iac, iac! (melodically) Not for the Sith... (singing) it's starts like a twinkle...
Puke - A twinkle?
Forcy dancing around Puke - A Twinkle that grows in your heaaaaart... and the Force becomes strong in you! Not like in that old Daaaaarth! 'Coz the Force is strong in you!
Puke - In me?
(Everybody, including Yoda) - Yes! The Force is strong in this one, if he learns to follow his heart!
*musical number starts, the animals and plants of the swamp join in the choir*
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 09:24:16 PM by Fabio Leite » Logged

Many Energies, Three Persons, Two Natures, One God.
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2012, 09:27:08 PM »

My dream is now to see an epic action adventure movie, where Jar Jar indeed gets his revenge.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2012, 09:32:14 PM »

My dream is now to see an epic action adventure movie, where Jar Jar indeed gets his revenge.

Revenge on whom?  George Lucas for making him suck?
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2012, 10:32:10 PM »

Revenge on whom?  George Lucas for making him suck?

Does it really matter who?  I just want to hear "missa m goin to kill yousa for da"

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2012, 10:37:45 PM »

I hope they make it as awesome as episode 4 and they bring back Qui Gon and Jar Jar and focus on a Jedi vs. Jungan war!
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2012, 11:34:31 PM »

I hope they make it as awesome as episode 4 and they bring back Qui Gon and Jar Jar and focus on a Jedi vs. Jungan war!

I wish they'd scrap the Episode VII idea and just do a Qui Gon biopic.

Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2012, 11:35:35 PM »

I guess Disney really wanted a good Sci-Fi franchise, after John Carter bombed, even though I thought it was a fairly decent movie.

I liked it too. Not sure why it bombed.

Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2012, 11:37:35 PM »

I'm still in shock. I was certain we were done with Star Wars for another fifteen to twenty years.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2012, 11:38:52 PM »

Will we get to see the beautiful natalie portman some more? please say yes...
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2012, 11:56:11 PM »

BY ISSUS!

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"Simply put, if you’re not willing to take what is dearest to you, whether plans or people, and kiss it goodbye, you can’t be my disciple."
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2012, 12:05:38 AM »

Will we get to see the beautiful natalie portman some more? please say yes...

Padme died.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2012, 12:06:52 AM »

They made 3 clones of her, portman could play triplet clones in the new movie...
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2012, 12:25:36 AM »

They made 3 clones of her, portman could play triplet clones in the new movie...

And lo, vamrat's greatest pr0n idea just came into being...
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2012, 12:27:06 AM »

I wish they'd scrap the Episode VII idea and just do a Qui Gon biopic.

Or maybe, perhaps, expand on the Anakin/Obi Wan relationship...you know, like they should have been doing in the three crappy videos they called prequels.

Non-English profanity replaced with something more acceptable for the Public Forum  -PtA
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 02:54:54 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Gamliel
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2012, 12:31:44 AM »

How about delve into how Anakin Skywalker came to be.  He had no father.  Was it Darth Sidious's mentor, the one who could manipulate midi chlorins (spelling)?
88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2012, 12:32:50 AM »

They could have her play an adult Jaina Solo (Han & Leia's daughter).

Base the movie in the Legacy of the Force era. Have Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill return as their characters. The series is 40 years after ROTJ, so it wouldn't be a problem. Have the focus be on the "new generation" being brought up by the trio and the stories of Anakin, Jacen, Jaina & Ben. Since the original 3 actors are already pretty old now, and wouldn't be doing much in the way of action sequences (this could be fixed with CGI and computer models if needed) it wouldn't be a problem. You could get 4 up and coming actors (2 would have to continue with their characters) and actresses.

Just call the new series, "Star Wars: Legacy"
Episode 1 would be Legacy of the Force
Episode 2 would be Legacy of Vader
Episode 3 would be Legacy of the Jedi

The first would be focused on an introduction and catchup, the second would be on the turn of an important character to the dark side, the third would lead to the final "conclusion" and consequences of the previous 2.

It could set up animated series between Legacy & ROTJ, and movies taking place during and after legacy.

They could continue with movies after these are finished and in subsequent productions just have Ford, Fisher & Hamill do short cameos or voice-over work, with the majority of the action focusing on their children.

The downside is they'd have to do a lot of catchup explaining the absence of Chewbacca, Mara Jade (Luke's wife) and important planets in the universe.
The other downside is 2 out of those 4 actors wouldn't be able to continue with their characters, and the series is also pretty dark at times, with a lot of pain and suffering going on.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 12:39:29 AM by 88Devin12 » Logged
Gamliel
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2012, 12:40:08 AM »

And include a presidential election since the emperor is no more . . . Tongue
age234
High Elder

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2012, 01:34:15 AM »

The prequels didn't have enough dry politics in them. We need an intense scene where C-3PO is called to testify before the Senate Committee on Protected Systems and Developing Species. (The ewoks are still reeling from their discovery that their god was just a robot made by some kid, and they are demanding billions of credits in developmental opportunity costs.)

Also, a friend of mine suggests the Jonas Bros. could play Luke, Han, and Leia. So we're safe on that front.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 01:35:55 AM by age234 » Logged
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Protokentarchos

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2012, 02:08:47 AM »

Disney will ruin the whole thing. They are going to turn it into a family-comedy without the serious depth and philosophical adventure that the original trilogy takes you through.

EDIT: Bring back Mace Windu!!!! He was the coolest character in the whole Star Wars universe and the only Jedi that had Black swag and skills.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 02:10:08 AM by JamesR » Logged

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2012, 02:18:11 AM »

James I think you are forgetting that Disney has alot of "adult" IPs. Look at the Marvel movies that have come out, and Disney owns Marvel.

Id love to see what Pixar could do with Star Wars.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2012, 03:11:57 AM »

Doesn't Disney also own ESPN?
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: