Author Topic: My new blog  (Read 266 times)

Offline akimel

• Fr Aidan
  • High Elder
    • Eclectic Orthodoxy
My new blog
« on: October 28, 2012, 09:00:05 AM »
FYI:  I have begun a new blog:  Eclectic Orthodoxy.  I don't know if it will prove of interest to anyone but myself, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Link disabled per forum rule prohibiting advertisement of one's own blog:

An update to the policy on advertising, blogs, fora, and solicitations

In an attempt to prevent unsolicited [and potentially harmful] advertisements going out to our board members, the administration of requires that all of the below listed activities receive administration approval prior to being posted or sent out either publicly or via private message (PM):

2) Links to one's own blog as a means of advertisement, without citing the relevant part of the blog that the author is quoting, are not allowed.  However, alerting users to another blog is acceptable as long as it is relevant to a thread.

*Note: links in your signature are permissible and do not require authorization

- PtA
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 04:15:22 PM by PeterTheAleut »

Offline Justin Kissel

• Protospatharios
  • O.o
Re: My new blog
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 12:41:34 PM »
Thank you for the link, I will be sure to read it when I have an hour to plow through it  :D  Purely by coincidence I started rereading Fr. John McGuckin's biography of St. Gregory just last night.
If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, challenge them to a fight. If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, air their dirty laundry. If anyone forces you to go a mile, berate him continually. Give to those deemed worthy (if they pass a drug test), and turn not away from billionaires in need of tax breaks. This is [not] the Gospel.

Offline mabsoota

• Archon
  • Kyrie eleison
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox (Coptic)
Re: My new blog
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 06:18:30 PM »
so does he actually just need to copy the link and paste it into the bottom bit of the screen for it to be allowed?
i don't quite understand.

if it is allowed in the signature, i hope to see it soon.