OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 01, 2014, 12:12:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Love my Baby Sister :)  (Read 1145 times) Average Rating: 0
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Protokentarchos

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« on: October 28, 2012, 04:59:20 AM »

I just felt the urge to dedicate a thread to my baby sister. Her name is Violette, she's the youngest out of us at barely two years old. She's such a bundle of joy Smiley Always so full of life and energetic, there is NEVER a dull moment with her. She's always getting into something, or saying something or playing something or just doing something so mind-bogglingly cute. Yet at the same time, despite her difficult tantrums, she can just melt your heart a single second later. Like the other night for example, she still sleeps in my parents' bedroom right now, so the other night I was saying goodnight to parents in their bedroom, and my sister--whom we thought was asleep--softly says in a half-asleep, little baby girl voice, "G'night, wub you Mmmes[James]". Or, yesterday I was in the living room drinking coffee, and she was on the floor playing with her toys, and she saw me take a big drink of coffee, and right when I removed the cup away from my mouth, she looks at me smiling and says "Ahhh!", imitating the sound that me and my father make after being refreshed by a drink of coffee or water.

She is also so inquisitive and takes everything into her little mind. She imitates everything she sees.  She taught herself to throw her old juice boxes and garbage into the trash can all by herself after observing the rest of us throw trash away. And after she does it everytime, she claps for herself and says 'Yay!' and gets mad if you do not congratulate her. A couple weeks ago she came along with me and my father to the hardware store, and me and my father were loading something heavy into the car (can't remember what it was) and my father lost his grip and we almost dropped the thing, and he shouted out a swear word. Two seconds later she imitates the exact word (which I won't mention) and starts smiling, clapping as if she did something good. My father felt bad afterward, lol Smiley And the other day she also spilled a glass of water all over the kitchen floor, and so I had to dry it up. So I got a towel and I was sitting on the floor wiping with the towel to absorb the water, and she did the cutest thing Smiley She got her favorite little blanket, got down to the floor and started doing the exact same thing just from observing me do it.

These are just some of the amazing things that she does. But out of everything, there is one thing she does that I love the most. Whenever she gets tired, or she has gotten in trouble by someone else in the house, she picks up her little favorite blanket (that she drags everywhere with her) and comes into my bedroom. If the door is closed she knocks on it real loud and seconds later I let her in. She enters into my bedroom, climbs up onto my bed and then has me tuck her in the blankets and turn the TV onto her favorite channel (PBS Sprout). She just stays there for hours, and enjoys being with just me. Sometimes she will even do this while I am lying down on my bed, she will climb her little self onto my bed and snuggle up next to me under the blankets and watch TV. Sometimes she even falls asleep next to me and then I fall asleep with her by me. I am the only person that she will sleep next to and just be relaxed.

Perhaps the cutest thing is when someone else comes into my room while she is there with me. She will get up from the bed and go close the door on them because she does not want them to disturb us. It is our bonding moment Smiley. I think that I love her more than anyone else in my life. She is the only person I can truly go to whenever something is wrong and feel like I am loved. She is accepting of me at all times and is the only person that can make me feel like I am not a total loser when something goes wrong in my life or I am sad. She looks up to me, always loves me and always accepts me no matter what. Is is psychologically unhealthy that I find more security and comfort around my sister who is practically a baby than I do around peers my own age?

Either way, I just really love her. She's my little princess that I always spoil with candy, toys and affection. I don't know what I am going to do when she starts dating one day. It saddens me as I see her grow up.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 06:14:29 AM »

I read this long text and I don't even regret it. Little children are awesome.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 06:14:35 AM by Cyrillic » Logged

On a OC.net diet.

"Chi son?  Sono un poeta. Che cosa faccio? Scrivo. E come vivo?  Vivo."
-Giacomo Puccini
Agabus
The user formerly known as Agabus.
Archon

Faith: Pan-American Colloquial Convert Hybrid Orthodoxy.
Jurisdiction: We are all uncanonical now.

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 05:45:15 PM »

I don't know what I am going to do when she starts dating one day.
The plight of older brothers everywhere.

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL ORTHODOX CHURCH
choy
Archon

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 06:32:32 PM »

That is why my son will go into mixed martial arts training, so his little sister will be protected from douchebags.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 06:45:39 PM »

I fear for when my brother starts dating girls.

"Change is the process of becoming more like who we are."
Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 06:58:10 PM »

The real reason support for the 2nd Amendment is still so strong.
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 11:46:19 PM »

What a cutie she must me! Smiley

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
jobin219
Mor Ignatius Noorono Please Pray for us

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Malankara Jacobite Syriac Orthodox

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 06:54:14 PM »

I don't know what I am going to do when she starts dating one day. It saddens me as I see her grow up.

Orthodox Christian girl dating? Is outrage! She should have arranged marriage with boy from old country :-p

"As far as possible never do evil to anyone: or it will ruin you, your children
and your house. Hold on steadfastly to prayer, fasting and works of charity.
Do them with faith and devotion ".
-Saint Gregorios Geevarghese Chathuruthy (Parumala Thirumeni)
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Protokentarchos

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 07:02:31 PM »

I don't know what I am going to do when she starts dating one day. It saddens me as I see her grow up.

Orthodox Christian girl dating? Is outrage! She should have arranged marriage with boy from old country :-p

I sure hope she becomes an Orthodox Christian. Not sure if she will or not. I'm the only one in my family, remember? Chances are she'll be raised Protestant by my parents until she's a little older and then maybe she'll want to follow in the footsteps of her brother and be Orthodox Smiley

I should probably start this soon. I'm thinking that when she's a little older I should start trying to convince my parents to let me take her with me to Church as much as possible so that she'll be around an Orthodox environment.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

Faith: Melkite Greek-Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 03:03:38 AM »

James,

What a beautiful testament of love for your little sister and what a great description of the joyful moments of innocent childhood and the learning that goes along with it.

May God grant Violette many blessed and healthy years and may she always know and appreciate the love that her big brother has for her.

Many years, my friend,

Neil

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 07:43:10 AM »

Great post James! Sounds like she has a great big brother. Continue to love her, teach her, and be there for her through good times and bad. Thanks for sharing this testament of love. Smiley

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
Faith2545
Elder

Faith: greek orthodox
Jurisdiction: greek

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 07:36:54 PM »

I just felt the urge to dedicate a thread to my baby sister. Her name is Violette, she's the youngest out of us at barely two years old. She's such a bundle of joy Smiley Always so full of life and energetic, there is NEVER a dull moment with her. She's always getting into something, or saying something or playing something or just doing something so mind-bogglingly cute. Yet at the same time, despite her difficult tantrums, she can just melt your heart a single second later. Like the other night for example, she still sleeps in my parents' bedroom right now, so the other night I was saying goodnight to parents in their bedroom, and my sister--whom we thought was asleep--softly says in a half-asleep, little baby girl voice, "G'night, wub you Mmmes[James]". Or, yesterday I was in the living room drinking coffee, and she was on the floor playing with her toys, and she saw me take a big drink of coffee, and right when I removed the cup away from my mouth, she looks at me smiling and says "Ahhh!", imitating the sound that me and my father make after being refreshed by a drink of coffee or water.

She is also so inquisitive and takes everything into her little mind. She imitates everything she sees.  She taught herself to throw her old juice boxes and garbage into the trash can all by herself after observing the rest of us throw trash away. And after she does it everytime, she claps for herself and says 'Yay!' and gets mad if you do not congratulate her. A couple weeks ago she came along with me and my father to the hardware store, and me and my father were loading something heavy into the car (can't remember what it was) and my father lost his grip and we almost dropped the thing, and he shouted out a swear word. Two seconds later she imitates the exact word (which I won't mention) and starts smiling, clapping as if she did something good. My father felt bad afterward, lol Smiley And the other day she also spilled a glass of water all over the kitchen floor, and so I had to dry it up. So I got a towel and I was sitting on the floor wiping with the towel to absorb the water, and she did the cutest thing Smiley She got her favorite little blanket, got down to the floor and started doing the exact same thing just from observing me do it.

These are just some of the amazing things that she does. But out of everything, there is one thing she does that I love the most. Whenever she gets tired, or she has gotten in trouble by someone else in the house, she picks up her little favorite blanket (that she drags everywhere with her) and comes into my bedroom. If the door is closed she knocks on it real loud and seconds later I let her in. She enters into my bedroom, climbs up onto my bed and then has me tuck her in the blankets and turn the TV onto her favorite channel (PBS Sprout). She just stays there for hours, and enjoys being with just me. Sometimes she will even do this while I am lying down on my bed, she will climb her little self onto my bed and snuggle up next to me under the blankets and watch TV. Sometimes she even falls asleep next to me and then I fall asleep with her by me. I am the only person that she will sleep next to and just be relaxed.

Perhaps the cutest thing is when someone else comes into my room while she is there with me. She will get up from the bed and go close the door on them because she does not want them to disturb us. It is our bonding moment Smiley. I think that I love her more than anyone else in my life. She is the only person I can truly go to whenever something is wrong and feel like I am loved. She is accepting of me at all times and is the only person that can make me feel like I am not a total loser when something goes wrong in my life or I am sad. She looks up to me, always loves me and always accepts me no matter what. Is is psychologically unhealthy that I find more security and comfort around my sister who is practically a baby than I do around peers my own age?

Either way, I just really love her. She's my little princess that I always spoil with candy, toys and affection. I don't know what I am going to do when she starts dating one day. It saddens me as I see her grow up.

Though I'm reviving this post almost a year later, I just wanted to say how lovely you expressed yourself. You sound like an amazing older brother. Remember this post when you keep telling yourself how you don't want kids - you'll deprive yourself of so much love.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2013, 07:43:06 PM »

Nice heartfelt post James.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2013, 07:46:33 PM »

That is why my son will go into mixed martial arts training, so his little sister will be protected from douchebags.

Or she can get some training herself. Wink

wainscottbl
Grand Duke of Louisville and all the Kentuckys
Moderated
OC.net guru

Faith: One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Somewhere between Rome and Constantinople (Roman Catholic investigating Eastern Orthodoxy)

Ave, gratia plena, Dominus tecum.

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 01:17:17 AM »

Great post. I read it all and thought it was really sweet. Good to have something simple and sweet in your life I think to deal with all the negatives you've mentioned, like your mother I think if I recall. You should make a YouTube video of her and post it on here.

"Any rational society would have either killed me or put me to some good use." -Hannibal Lecter

"First principles...to each particular thing ask what is it in and of itself. What is its nature?" --Hannibal Lecter
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 08:07:47 PM »

http://www.plentyoffish.com/christian/orthodox/larp=brideshow.htm

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: