OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 24, 2014, 12:53:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On Coptic Missions in Brazil  (Read 341 times) Average Rating: 0
Fabio Leite
Archon

Faith: Orthodox

« on: October 25, 2012, 09:11:42 AM »

http://orthodoxsermons.org/sermons/mission-brazil/transcription

His Grace Bishop Agathon gives a speech about his many years as leader of the missionary coptic church in Brazil.

I start in Brazil 1993 I wasn’t prepared for that place and I wasn’t a priest at that time, I was only a monk. And I was invited for Oridnation for Bishop Yohannes, the Secetary of Pope Shenouda in Egypt, in that night one of the bishops called me to wait and not go back to the monastery because the Pope would like to talk to me. In the end I heard a lot of words about Brazil, and one priest before me he start and he left the place, he can’t afford it anymore, but I didn’t say nothing because I always say that God, He chose my direction or my way, not me, I chose my life. After that in short time, at the second time, sorry the second day, we had a meeting with Pope Shenouda and Anba Agathon the Bishop in that time of monastery of St. Paul and Ismaliya, the end, the Pope he decided to Ordain me as a priest on the second day. [5:15] And they send me to Brazil in few weeks

Many Energies, Three Persons, Two Natures, One God.
Fabio Leite
Archon

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 09:13:22 AM »

It shares many of the issues Orthodox Churches have faced here.

Many Energies, Three Persons, Two Natures, One God.
Tags: missions 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: