Author Topic: Russian Orthodox Oldritualist Church  (Read 1129 times)

Offline fatman2021

• Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
  • Protopope Avvakum, pray for us.
    • How to make the sign of the cross....
Russian Orthodox Oldritualist Church
« on: December 17, 2004, 12:11:09 AM »
I’m looking for information about the theology, history, and hierarchy of this church, and also some church locations throughout the state of Alaska.
O God be merciful to me a sinner. You, O Lord who created me, have mercy on me. I have sinned without number,O Lord, have mercy on me and forgive me, a sinner.

Offline Irish Melkite

• Information Mongeror
  • High Elder
    • Byzantine Forum
Re: Russian Orthodox Oldritualist Church
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 08:06:17 AM »
Fatman,

See my post on the thread regarding Old Believer Liturgy for some info and links regarding this.

Many years,

Neil
« Last Edit: December 23, 2004, 08:06:49 AM by Irish Melkite »
"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory

Offline fatman2021

• Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
  • Protopope Avvakum, pray for us.
    • How to make the sign of the cross....
Re: Russian Orthodox Oldritualist Church
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 08:14:13 PM »
How would someone go about joining the Old Believer Church?
O God be merciful to me a sinner. You, O Lord who created me, have mercy on me. I have sinned without number,O Lord, have mercy on me and forgive me, a sinner.