OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 26, 2014, 01:20:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mecca redevelopment sparks heritage concerns  (Read 175 times) Average Rating: 0
Balthasar
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« on: February 07, 2013, 12:09:06 PM »

P.S: Comparative Christian News...please leave it here! Thanks!

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/07/world/meast/saudi-heritage-destruction-mecca/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

I can't imagine the level of outrage, chaos and destruction if it were a Christian country doing half of the things the evil Saudis do. What could be the reason for the difference?

I like how one of the blogger put it:

""Most imposing is the Royal Mecca Clock Tower, a 120-floor hotel that resembles London's Big Ben" Don't forget to fix the date permanently at 570AD ... Cheesy

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 12:09:47 PM »

P.S: Comparative Christian News...please leave it here! Thanks!

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/07/world/meast/saudi-heritage-destruction-mecca/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

I can't imagine the level of outrage, chaos and destruction if it were a Christian country doing half of the things the evil Saudis do. What could be the reason for the difference?

I like how one of the blogger put it:

""Most imposing is the Royal Mecca Clock Tower, a 120-floor hotel that resembles London's Big Ben" Don't forget to fix the date permanently at 570AD ... Cheesy

I love prescripts.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 12:13:38 PM »

They have too much money....it corrupts. 

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: