Author Topic: Mecca redevelopment sparks heritage concerns  (Read 278 times)

Offline Balthasar

• Elder
Mecca redevelopment sparks heritage concerns
« on: February 07, 2013, 12:09:06 PM »

P.S: Comparative Christian News...please leave it here! Thanks!

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/07/world/meast/saudi-heritage-destruction-mecca/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

I can't imagine the level of outrage, chaos and destruction if it were a Christian country doing half of the things the evil Saudis do. What could be the reason for the difference?

I like how one of the blogger put it:

""Most imposing is the Royal Mecca Clock Tower, a 120-floor hotel that resembles London's Big Ben" Don't forget to fix the date permanently at 570AD ... :D

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
Re: Mecca redevelopment sparks heritage concerns
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 12:09:47 PM »

P.S: Comparative Christian News...please leave it here! Thanks!

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/07/world/meast/saudi-heritage-destruction-mecca/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

I can't imagine the level of outrage, chaos and destruction if it were a Christian country doing half of the things the evil Saudis do. What could be the reason for the difference?

I like how one of the blogger put it:

""Most imposing is the Royal Mecca Clock Tower, a 120-floor hotel that resembles London's Big Ben" Don't forget to fix the date permanently at 570AD ... :D

I love prescripts.
If you have PMed me, the mods have taken my ability to PM away. Please see my email if you wish to contact me during my time of trial.

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
Re: Mecca redevelopment sparks heritage concerns
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 12:13:38 PM »

They have too much money....it corrupts. 
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria