OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 23, 2014, 03:59:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Georgian churches in Romania  (Read 257 times) Average Rating: 0
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« on: October 18, 2012, 02:47:15 AM »

I recently read that Georgians are building their own churches in Romania. Are they part of Georgian patriarchate or do they work just like the Russian churches in Jerusalem i.e. under local bishop?
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 04:04:52 AM »

The church I attend is dedicated to a Georgian Saint, the Gospel usually is read in Georgian too (alongside Polish), for a month we had a Georgian deacon, our pastor is a Georgiaphile and it is visited by Georgian bishops or priests at least twice a year. It still operates under the POC cathedral parish.

Just saying.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 04:05:29 AM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 08:29:10 AM »

I recently read that Georgians are building their own churches in Romania. Are they part of Georgian patriarchate or do they work just like the Russian churches in Jerusalem i.e. under local bishop?
The Romanians barely tolerate this from the Serbians and don't tolerate it at all from the Greeks, Russians or Bulgarians.  I'd imagine it would be like the Russian Church in Jerusalem, especially given the example of St. Antim, a Georgian saint who served in the Romanian Church.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 08:50:49 AM »

"Barely tolerate this from the Serbians"?!? All the Serbs in Romania (Caras-Severin, Timis, Arad) are under Serbian jurisdiction with no interference from the Romanian Church. But their numbers are both larger plus they have a historic presence in those regions that neither the Bulgarians or Russians have. Most Bulgaroians in RM are RC, as they converted in the 18th century or earlier IIRC from Paulicianism. Russians proper are  a;most inexistent. I mean Great Russians. Except from the Old Believers but they have their own church.
Gorazd
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: The Ecumenical Patriarchate of Istanbul and Chambésy

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 10:20:56 AM »

I am not sure. In Kyiv however, there seem to be Georgian liturgies in the UOC-MP.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: