Author Topic: My school had a coming out gay festival yesterday. For society's moral decline  (Read 367 times)

Offline TaiKamiya720

• Faith: Orthodox Christian(Catechumen)
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of Miami
Lord have mercy.
Yesterday, in my college when I came out of class into a hall, they had a gay "Coming Out" festival in the lounge/stage that I passed by and they had booths of all these different gay organizations and clubs, including one booth hosted by the United "Church" of Christ, which, in case you didn't know, is a liberal church that actually endorses homosexuality and abortion. I didn't participate, I just walked past by the festival without saying a word. My college actually hosts and supports a local gay pride parade. That night, I quietly prayed to God about the moral decline in our society, particularly in America. Please pray that God has mercy on our boldly godless society, which is getting worse by the day. And pray that the Lord may open their hearts.

Offline marigold

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
Lord, have mercy; and grant wisdom and discernment to our society.

Offline wgw

• Taxiarches
  • This icon is of St. Athansius.
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
kyrie eleison
Axios and many years to you, Fr. Trenham!

Offline seekeroftruth777

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH
Lord have mercy, lord grant healing to those afflicted with such sickness and passions.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 02:32:44 PM by seekeroftruth777 »

Offline mike

• Pink Mafia
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
Glory to God!
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

We have it at work today....let's all celebrate NCOD!

Eghhhh!  I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the rainbow pop up on my screen and all this excitement.  Really?

When's the last time we celebrated anything like this? 
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline Iconodule

• Professor of Cryptopatristics at Miskatonic University
  • Merarches
  • Monsters from the Id
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)

Well, some of the schools around here just celebrated a mass murdering rapist on Monday.
But it had not been in Tess's power - nor is it in anybody's power - to feel the whole truth of golden opinions while it is possible to profit by them. She - and how many more - might have ironically said to God with Saint Augustine, "Thou hast counselled a better course than thou hast permitted."
Thomas Hardy, Tess of the D'Urbervilles

Offline RaphaCam

• Holy Martyr Mercurius
  • Archon
  • Please pray for my family and for myself
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
My college is public. On one hand, this means they won't openly support weird stuff, on the other, it means people are free to support the weirdest stuff there. Some communists would ravage all the university during municipal elections period screaming command words, there are pro-abortionist campaigns in the main hall and there are even lectures about witchcraft (probably practice too, in the "ecumenical chapel"). A certain professor from my former college (also public) openly called for shooting and burying conservatives on a congress. Lord have mercy.

However, as soon as some evangelicals started handing out a paper called "More Bible, less Constitution" (which was a rather careful selection of news involving the Judiciary making evil stuff), people were denouncing and shunning them. When a polemical international conservative thinker came from for a lecture there, people were physically menacing the attendants and they had to hold the door. I guess free speech isn't for everyone...

Well, some of the schools around here just celebrated a mass murdering rapist on Monday.
Who?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 03:24:53 PM by RaphaCam »
"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." (Psalm 90:1)

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese). Last article: Como posso lidar com minha condição pecadora?

Offline Avdima

• Elder
  • Faith: Seeking
  • Jurisdiction: Caliphate of The Overthere...

Who?

Columbus

Offline RaphaCam

• Holy Martyr Mercurius
  • Archon
  • Please pray for my family and for myself
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
Columbus
Oh. He was not a rapist, one of his companions described himself raping a native woman but there's no way to say Columbus himself ever knew that. He was a fervent Catholic who saw the natives as innocent children needing catechesis, even if opposers would have to be taken down for what he thought to be common good. Hardly sex objects.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 04:37:20 PM by RaphaCam »
"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." (Psalm 90:1)

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese). Last article: Como posso lidar com minha condição pecadora?

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior

We have it at work today....let's all celebrate NCOD!

Eghhhh!  I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the rainbow pop up on my screen and all this excitement.  Really?

This is a prayer thread.
In a time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey

Offline Charles1967

• Jurisdiction: California
I had a long commentary.
But i erased it. Not seeing this was the Prayer request thread.
LORD have Mercy
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 07:42:46 PM by Charles1967 »

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Section Moderator
  • Archon
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
Please do not discuss in the prayer forum.

Dominika, section moderator
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria