OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 03:09:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Theatre production portraying Jesus as gay met with violent protests in Greece  (Read 432 times) Average Rating: 0
Byzantine2008
Elder

Faith: Orthodox

« on: October 14, 2012, 12:12:50 AM »

http://greece.greekreporter.com/2012/10/12/golden-dawn-religious-protest-stops-play/

I agree with protesting against these types of productions but maybe not by these means.....

Let your will be done O Lord Jesus Christ through the intercession of you All Pure Mother and all the saints!
Nicene
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Greek

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 12:14:11 AM »

You know whats a more effective way of doing things? Letting it play and ignore it.

Thank you.
Byzantine2008
Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 12:20:44 AM »

You know whats a more effective way of doing things? Letting it play and ignore it.

Passive protest. Grin

Let your will be done O Lord Jesus Christ through the intercession of you All Pure Mother and all the saints!
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 12:27:13 AM »

"But since our discourse has now turned to the subject of blasphemy, I desire to ask one favor of you all,  in return for this my address, and speaking with you; which is, that you will correct on my behalf the blasphemers of this city. And should you hear any one in the public thoroughfare, or in the midst of the forum, blaspheming God; go up to him and rebuke him; and should it be necessary to inflict blows, spare not to do so. Smite him on the face; strike his mouth; sanctify your hand with the blow, and if any should accuse you, and drag you to the place of justice, follow them thither; and when the judge on the bench calls you to account, say boldly that the man blasphemed the King of angels! For if it be necessary to punish those who blaspheme an earthly king, much more so those who insult God."
--St. John Chrysostom

Not saying he condones vigilantiism or condemnation, but allowing blasphemy in the name of liberty perverts liberty and endangers the whole city and society.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 12:34:44 AM »

People are regularly trying to change almost everything to have some sort of homosexual twist.  It's how they accomplished public acceptance of the perversion.  It's old news about stupid people doing stupid things and even more stupid people thinking its ok.  This is the sad world we live in. 

As long as the protests remain peaceful, I support it.  If there is violence initiated by the protesters, I do not support it.  In any event, bad cinema is bad cinema. 
Gunnarr
OC.net guru

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 02:39:43 AM »

It should be stopped at all costs, let them do such blasphemy in the atheist countries

I am a demonic servant! Beware!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: