OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 21, 2014, 02:45:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Religious freedom could lead to devil worship: Egypt Salafist leader  (Read 606 times) Average Rating: 0
Balthasar
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« on: October 18, 2012, 09:04:43 AM »

Salafist Borhamy complained that freedom of religious belief, which was left unrestricted by the new draft, might lead to "devil worship or apostasy from Islam."

„He said some freedoms should be restricted to prevent other norms from being violated „

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/1/64/55732/Egypt/Politics-/Religious-freedom-could-lead-to-devil-worship-Sala.aspx

The false Prophet commanded that the Jews be expelled from the Arabian Peninsula, and said that no two religions should co-exist in the Arabian Peninsula. This is a shar’i ruling. It is not permissible for any mushrik to remain there. With regard to the presence of the Jews in Madeenah, Khaybar, etc., this was before the command to expel them, as is well known. The command to expel them came during the final illness of Mohammad, then ‘Umar expelled them after that.

So, let's ban Islam in Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Budha countries, let's expel those ungrateful Muslims from those countries.

Cyrillic
Taxiarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Moscow

The Reactionary Rebel

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 09:08:47 AM »

Or we repay evil by kindness?

Odi profanum vulgus et arceo

"J'ai pour les institutions démocratiques un goût de tête, mais je suis aristocrate par instinct"
-A. de Tocqueville

'Don't bother arguing with Cyrillic, he is Dutch or something queer like that.'
-Byron
Monk Vasyl
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: UOC of USA

Monk Vasyl
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 09:30:55 AM »

And turn the other cheek. 

The unworthy hierodeacon, Vasyl
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 10:04:43 AM »

Salafist Borhamy complained that freedom of religious belief, which was left unrestricted by the new draft, might lead to "devil worship or apostasy from Islam."

„He said some freedoms should be restricted to prevent other norms from being violated „

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/1/64/55732/Egypt/Politics-/Religious-freedom-could-lead-to-devil-worship-Sala.aspx

The false Prophet commanded that the Jews be expelled from the Arabian Peninsula, and said that no two religions should co-exist in the Arabian Peninsula. This is a shar’i ruling. It is not permissible for any mushrik to remain there. With regard to the presence of the Jews in Madeenah, Khaybar, etc., this was before the command to expel them, as is well known. The command to expel them came during the final illness of Mohammad, then ‘Umar expelled them after that.

So, let's ban Islam in Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Budha countries, let's expel those ungrateful Muslims from those countries.

I'm not sure all Muslims would interpret shari'ah in the same way.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 10:11:45 AM »

I certainly hope people wouldn't treat us on the basis of something Jerry Falwell said.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 11:07:00 AM »

I certainly hope people wouldn't treat us on the basis of something Jerry Falwell said.

I agree, but on the other hand would point out that if we were to elect people who espouse Jerry Falwell-esque statements (or, more closely parallel with the Egyptian situation, if Jerry Falwell were to start a political party which stated these sorts of things and then we elected that party), people would be right to judge us on that basis.

podkarpatska
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 01:03:41 PM »

I agree, but on the other hand would point out that if we were to elect people who espouse Jerry Falwell-esque statements (or, more closely parallel with the Egyptian situation, if Jerry Falwell were to start a political party which stated these sorts of things and then we elected that party), people would be right to judge us on that basis.

I really know little about Egyptian politics, but I think we need to be somewhat careful here. I  would argue that folks not too 'up' on American politics could make a similar conclusion based upon our politics if all they knew about were people like Arkansas legislative candidate Dan Fuqua, purportedly an endorsed Republican candidate who made headlines this past week: "Republican candidate Fuqua endorses death penalty for rebellious children" (I suspect that many of the Taliban mullahs would be nodding in assent on his interpretation of God's law.) I seriously doubt that Governor Romney will include Dan in his circle of advisers, but still no one is apparently pushing Dan out of the party tent either.  http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2012/10/08/republican-candidate-fuqua-endorses-death-penalty-for-rebellious-children ( Sorry for the intrusion of politics, it was just for analogy purposes, as the American Democrats would not toss a candidate out on their side either for equally bizarre beliefs from the left side of things either....)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 01:05:17 PM by podkarpatska » Logged
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 02:20:24 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 02:21:14 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
Nicene
Elder

Jurisdiction: Greek

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 03:13:27 PM »

Well yeah it would open the door for it. But its better than the alternative, that is violently persecuting every other faith group.

Thank you.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 04:31:53 PM »

It did happen. And still does.

Gradually fading away on a strict punishment schedule.
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 06:59:35 PM »

Evangelical Protestants form political parties which then go on to run the country...? I suspect there's a history lesson coming, but I doubt there is anything too close to the Egyptian situation in the recent history of the USA, in the way that the MB election is recent history in Egypt. I don't recall Envangelical Christian folk beating the tar out of left-wing demonstrators in Times Square, or whatever you can think of that might be analogous to the recent MB/Salafist violence against those who demonstrated in Tahrir Square against the Salafist takeover of parliament.

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 07:05:02 PM »

Evangelical Protestants form political parties which then go on to run the country...? I suspect there's a history lesson coming, but I doubt there is anything too close to the Egyptian situation in the recent history of the USA, in the way that the MB election is recent history in Egypt. I don't recall Envangelical Christian folk beating the tar out of left-wing demonstrators in Times Square, or whatever you can think of that might be analogous to the recent MB/Salafist violence against those who demonstrated in Tahrir Square against the Salafist takeover of parliament.

Well, the police beat up demonstrators, and there are a bunch of abortion doctors who get shot every year.

Roll Eyes

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 09:47:51 PM »

And the police and abortion-doctor-shooters are members of the the political party formed by the Evangelical Christians? Otherwise, I'm not seeing the parallel. I'm not asking whether people who are religious can also be violent. We all know the answer to that.

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 09:50:34 PM »

And the police and abortion-doctor-shooters are members of the the political party formed by the Evangelical Christians? Otherwise, I'm not seeing the parallel. I'm not asking whether people who are religious can also be violent. We all know the answer to that.

I've never heard of a liberal shooting an abortion doctor. I was talking about America, anyway.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 10:00:03 PM »

No, but the ones with power, guns, and no brains are worrisome, especially if you happen to live in areas controlled by them.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2012, 10:01:48 PM »

No, but the ones with power, guns, and no brains are worrisome, especially if you happen to live in areas controlled by them.

It's sorta like living in Kentucky or Indiana or Georgia or Texas or . . .

Gradually fading away on a strict punishment schedule.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2012, 10:06:35 PM »

Well, considering that individual Christians do not make public policy and Christians as a whole, even if they were unified, would still be a miniority in America at least, and that it has never been the policy of the American government to repay evil by kindness...

Of course, the Salafist is a worry, as are all idiots with power. Mohammedanism could have been wiped off the face of the earth once and for all in the very beginning if the Ethiopian Emperor had taken the same stance as the Salafist when they were refugees in his kingdom. One wonders if the emperor's progeny hadn't wished he had done so.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: