OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 12:30:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lying to Your Children?  (Read 1968 times) Average Rating: 0
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2012, 06:54:46 PM »

Enjoy your naive spiritual romanticism.
You know what I seriously miss from my youth? My wild-eyed romanticsm. Those were the days and my indominable optimism too.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2012, 01:12:06 PM »

Well you see James there is this birds and bees thing...

They never lied to me about that either. Sex is a taboo to children precisely because the parents make it a taboo.

I dunno about that one.

Our rooster hops on top of the chickens all the time, and the goats are just... goats.
When the children ask we tell them they are breeding.   If they ask more we tell them "That's how baby chicks come about, and baby goats etc."

When the questions come about people "breeding", we tell them it is not "breeding" like with animals, but a gift from God from married people.  Then we talk about the Miracle of our savior's birth without breeding etc.

Not taboo, just part of the creation. 

Tabooishness (LOL) exists when people bring perversion into the matter.

Also please remember, just not talking about something doesn't make it taboo.  There are things that are private.... Of course unless you want your parents to stop closing the door Wink

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2012, 12:38:02 AM »

Well you see James there is this birds and bees thing...

They never lied to me about that either. Sex is a taboo to children precisely because the parents make it a taboo.

I dunno about that one.

Our rooster hops on top of the chickens all the time, and the goats are just... goats.
When the children ask we tell them they are breeding.   If they ask more we tell them "That's how baby chicks come about, and baby goats etc."

When the questions come about people "breeding", we tell them it is not "breeding" like with animals, but a gift from God from married people.  Then we talk about the Miracle of our savior's birth without breeding etc.

Not taboo, just part of the creation. 

Tabooishness (LOL) exists when people bring perversion into the matter.

Also please remember, just not talking about something doesn't make it taboo.  There are things that are private.... Of course unless you want your parents to stop closing the door Wink

Good explanation.

Maybe you should write a book.

I told my son that the Santa Claus found in stores is not real, but St. Nicholas the Wonderworker is the real one. Then I read from the lives of the saints.

However, when he watched a Christmas movie on TV at the age of four, he became convinced that Santa Claus really existed. He wanted to believe, and liked the idea that Santa would come bearing gifts.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Byzantine2008
Elder

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2012, 03:25:05 AM »

Good evening,

Witnessing first hand from my children, I think that everything should be revealed to them at the right time and place,

As the saying goes 'You can't handle the truth' applies true to our children with a lot issues (eg sex) until they reach understanding and maturity.

Let your will be done O Lord Jesus Christ through the intercession of you All Pure Mother and all the saints!
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: