Sorry I'm just getting to this. These days I don't post at all or read most of the messages. But I still work behind the scenes to keep the server functioning, etc.
If you really want to know about that editorial: Thomas Bezas is a personal friend of mine, and a Republican operator. He was on the Connecticut delegation to the RNC convention in July.
He asked me to post that editorial the day before the election, so I did. Why? Two reasons.
1) Because I was generally concerned about the type of Supreme Court nominee Clinton would pick in regards to abortion, which I think is the #1 issue. I recognize that many people do not agree with me.
2) Because I believe that Clinton would get us into a war with Russia or escalate our war in Syria
3) Because I researched the Spirit-cooking activities of John Podesta, and think he is an Occultist. Having previously dabbled in the Occult as a teenager, I don't want anyone associated with that apostate Serbian "performance artist" aka Satanist Marina Abramovich anywhere near the seat of power.
Now, posting a political editorial like that was obviously going to ruffle some feathers. So I decided to put the disclaimer with the intention of saying basically, "this article is being posted for consideration. Not all of the staff agrees with it." I did not consult anyone before posting it, in fact.
I chose to put it on the front page of the site for two reasons:
1) so it would show up to people who are just googling around and find the front page of the site
2) so it would not be part of the forum, which 99% of people come to directly when they log onto the site, because I didn't want Fr. George to be put in an awkward situation.
At any rate, I moved it off the front page a few weeks ago I think as it's no longer relevant anyway.
I would really like the articles page to be a place where multiple points of view are expressed and we have lots of active content. Kind of like Ancient Faith's blogs. I've tried to get people to submit content for years, but no one ever takes the bite. I posted Thomas's article because he asked me to. If someone else asked me to post an article from a different perspective, I would!
At this point, I can either:
1) Remove the article
2) Post some kind of anti-Trump editorial to balance it out.
I'll take suggestions.
But please don't assume that anyone except me had anything to do with posting the editorial.
If you can't donate any longer, I understand. But do keep in mind that I keep this site running and when I don't get enough donations, I pay for the site out of my own pocket. I don't agree with 75% of the stuff posted on this site. So keep it in perspective