Author Topic: Prayer Forum  (Read 1869 times)

Offline mike

• A sexual pervert with limited English reading comprehension
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
Prayer Forum
« on: October 14, 2016, 12:28:35 AM »
So does the alleged discussion ban in the Prayer Forum apply to the OP? Because it seems one can write all the false/slanderous/polemical nonsense and mask it a prayer request in the last line of the post and it will be completely fine. Only after someone wants to discuss it, it becomes "discussion" and the warnings start to fall.
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Partially-overlapping
Re: Prayer Forum
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 01:28:57 AM »
+1
Quote from: Pope Francis
Thank God he said I was a politician because Aristotle defined the human person as 'Animal politicus.' So at least I am a human person.

Vote for a Ministry section on OC.net

Offline mike

• Protostrator
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 03:13:55 PM »
so I don't think there will be any response.
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline wgw

• All scorpions must DIE!!!
  • Taxiarches
  • This icon is of St. Athansius.
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 05:47:36 PM »
I believe Dominika is doing a very good job managing the prayer forum, and that all prayer requests which are in keeping with Orthodox doctrine and praxis should be accepted.  As a rule, I think this should not extend into anything that might become partisan, for example, "Pray that we domt become united with the Roman Catholics," but I do not think there should be a blanket ban on non-personal prayer requests.  But members should be encouraged to use discretion; for example, Russian members and American members are praying in church for the success of their respective countries military in Syria, where it increasingly seems that the two have opposimg points, and of course back in 2008 or 2014, well, suffice it to say, an inevitable clash could occur and thus there are some prayers best left as petitions in the Litanies and not posted in the prayer forum.

What really upsets me is when a member makes a callous or off topic remark ina thread in the prayer forum where another member has had or is having a personal tragedy; this happened to me when I requested prayers for my father who had just died, last fall.  I wish that instead of responding in-line to posts like that, the moderators would move those posts to Purgatory, if possible.

Also, needless to say, if someone makes a prayer request that is completely inappropriate, such as a request that they be successful in murdering someone, that would really cross the line.  I think members should only be allowed to post requests for prayers for the success of something that is not deemed inherently sinful according to the Orthodox church.
Axios and many years to you, Fr. Trenham!

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
  • Jurisdiction: Partially-overlapping
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 07:18:21 PM »
; for example, Russian members and American members are praying in church for the success of their respective countries military in Syria
uh
Quote from: Pope Francis
Thank God he said I was a politician because Aristotle defined the human person as 'Animal politicus.' So at least I am a human person.

Vote for a Ministry section on OC.net

Offline Justin Kolodziej

• High Elder
  • recovering zealot
  • Faith: ortho-gonnabe
  • Jurisdiction: goaa
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 11:52:19 PM »
; for example, Russian members and American members are praying in church for the success of their respective countries military in Syria
uh
er...I'm not sure praying for the armed forces that we may have a peaceful life necessarily equates to praying they wipe out ISIS before the other guys do, or whatever the situation is over there. But I do see the point.
Crist aras! Soþlice he aras! (on West Saxon Englisch)

Offline mike

• Protostrator
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 06:43:27 PM »
Bump.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Abp Yeznik Petrosian Defender of the Faith
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 06:53:13 PM »
so I don't think there will be any response.
Mor has spoken through George... this is the faith of the fathers!

The Church's bridegroom was never the Byzantine Empire.