OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 06:36:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Subdeacons  (Read 4928 times) Average Rating: 0
TheOldFellow
Subdeacon Richard

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Western Europe, EP.

theoldfellow
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2014, 02:28:53 AM »

Subdeacon Richard, hopefully you get ordained to the diaconate eventually. That would regularise your situation and leave you free to concentrate on the deacon's duties, and then the other subdeacons can be normal subdeacons.

My wife is Anglican, she didn't (YET!) follow me into Orthodoxy.  This means that a bishop would have to be very brave to ordain me as a deacon, since it's rightly proscribed by the canons.  I say 'rightly' because to be even an orthodox layman without your spouse is very hard, to be a deacon with a non-orthodox diaconissa is even more so.  Think how important the Matushka/Presvetera/Khouria is to the work of any married priest.  I pray we will be sent a proper deacon, then I can retire.

INXC, Subdeacon Richard.
ilyazhito
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2014, 05:27:33 PM »

Sorry, didn't realize that detail. But I hope that your situation will be regularised nonetheless. But I think that a consistent Bishop would not have made someone a subdeacon who has a heterodox spouse, but would have left him at reader, but what is done cannot be undone. Hopefully your spouse converts, or you get a proper deacon, or both.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: