Author Topic: Subdeacons  (Read 6249 times)

Offline TheOldFellow

• Subdeacon Richard
    • Parish Website
Re: Subdeacons
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2014, 02:28:53 AM »
Subdeacon Richard, hopefully you get ordained to the diaconate eventually. That would regularise your situation and leave you free to concentrate on the deacon's duties, and then the other subdeacons can be normal subdeacons.

My wife is Anglican, she didn't (YET!) follow me into Orthodoxy.  This means that a bishop would have to be very brave to ordain me as a deacon, since it's rightly proscribed by the canons.  I say 'rightly' because to be even an orthodox layman without your spouse is very hard, to be a deacon with a non-orthodox diaconissa is even more so.  Think how important the Matushka/Presvetera/Khouria is to the work of any married priest.  I pray we will be sent a proper deacon, then I can retire.
INXC, Subdeacon Richard.

Offline ilyazhito

• High Elder
Re: Subdeacons
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2014, 05:27:33 PM »
Sorry, didn't realize that detail. But I hope that your situation will be regularised nonetheless. But I think that a consistent Bishop would not have made someone a subdeacon who has a heterodox spouse, but would have left him at reader, but what is done cannot be undone. Hopefully your spouse converts, or you get a proper deacon, or both.