OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 18, 2014, 09:52:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christians in Europe face 'persecution'  (Read 470 times) Average Rating: 0
Balthasar
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« on: October 04, 2012, 06:56:10 AM »

The Europa Beast busy fighting Christendom...

http://www.theparliament.com/latest-news/article/newsarticle/christians-in-europe-face-persecution/#.UG11PnkykwQ

Russia weighs restrictions on building of mosques

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=15816

jmbejdl
Count-Palatine James the Spurious of Giggleswick on the Naze
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Romania

Great Martyr St. John the New of Suceava

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 07:26:28 AM »

To be fair its actually MEPs (I presume by 'Europa Beast' you mean the EU) sticking up for Christian rights in the face of discrimination by national governments such as here in the UK. That we are discriminated against here is not news (I constantly have to point out the hypocrisy of schools here trying to get my kids to remove crosses when their female muslim classmates are free to wear headscarfs - luckily so far they've always backed down but I think that's only because we Orthodox are also a minority and so when I assert that we are meant to always wear a cross, they simply don't feel they know enough to argue). That some MEPs are trying to fight our corner is, and unexpectedly welcome news at that.

James

We owe greater gratitude to those who humble us, wrong us, and douse us with venom, than to those who nurse us with honour and sweet words, or feed us with tasty food and confections, for bile is the best medicine for our soul. - Elder Paisios of Mount Athos
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: