OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 01:44:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bishop Iakov of Russian Orthodox Church consecrates North Pole  (Read 791 times) Average Rating: 0
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« on: September 27, 2012, 06:50:40 PM »

A Russian Orthodox bishop has placed a 'holy memorial capsule' at the North Pole and consecrated the territory.

From the article:
A conservative Moscow think-tank suggested in July that the Arctic Ocean should be renamed the "Russian Ocean" and this week it was announced that MiG-31 supersonic interceptor aircraft will be based in the region by the end of the year.

Patriarch Kirill, the head of the Russian Orthodox Church, is a close ally of President Vladimir Putin, who says exploiting oil and gas reserves in the North is a "strategic priority."

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
genesisone
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 07:02:06 PM »

Patriarch Kirill, the head of the Russian Orthodox Church, is a close ally of President Vladimir Putin, who says exploiting oil and gas reserves in the North is a "strategic priority."

Unfortunately, for me as a Canadian who supports my country's claims to Arctic sovereignty (while recognizing the rightful claims of other nations), any comment would be too political outside of Politics. Not going there now.
Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 08:15:54 PM »

Unfortunately, for me as a Canadian who supports my country's claims to Arctic sovereignty (while recognizing the rightful claims of other nations), any comment would be too political outside of Politics. Not going there now.

+1, just change Canadian to Norwegian.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 08:31:14 PM »

Finally! I've been waiting to see this happen for some time now!

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: