OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 05:40:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A young American has moved to Russia for being able to practice Orthodoxy  (Read 2516 times) Average Rating: 0
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2012, 01:03:42 PM »

I think Hyperdox Herman was his travel agent.

PP
LOL!

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
First Man

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Serbian

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2012, 01:27:10 PM »

I don't think that "George Green" is real.  It looks like propaganda from the east...
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Jerkodox

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2012, 05:07:03 PM »

You dont need any money or knowledge of the Russian language to get a carnal distraction in Russia. You just need to walk on a street and see the females. The majority of them look like supermodels, according to Western standards, and wear miniskirts even when it snows.

Are you refering to looks or way of dressing?
Both.

I guess my church and my city just gets the bad-looking ones. I don't recall seeing any miniskirts or supermodels either in the services or among the Russian tourists.

serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2012, 11:13:18 AM »

You dont need any money or knowledge of the Russian language to get a carnal distraction in Russia. You just need to walk on a street and see the females. The majority of them look like supermodels, according to Western standards, and wear miniskirts even when it snows.

Both.

I guess my church and my city just gets the bad-looking ones. I don't recall seeing any miniskirts or supermodels either in the services or among the Russian tourists.

I'll never forget the first time I went to the Joy of All who Sorrow in SF.  Lets just say that now I recommend all my single Greek friends to go to church there to find girlfriends

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2012, 09:48:32 PM »

Both.

I'll never forget the first time I went to the Joy of All who Sorrow in SF.  Lets just say that now I recommend all my single Greek friends to go to church there to find girlfriends

James needs to get his butt down there already and tell me how it is.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
akimori makoto
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2012, 09:53:14 PM »

Both.

Father, you should know better than to be inflicting Greeks on others.

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2012, 09:54:07 PM »

I could understand the anti-American aspect but that of all countries he chose Russia.  Huh

My thoughts exactly.

I have a lot of Russian friends and they tend to fall into one of these two categories:
They despise Russia and wouldn't move back there if you paid them
OR
They love Russia and can't stop talking about how awesome it is...but still wouldn't move back there if you paid them.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: