OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 07:11:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to know more about Ethiopia and the work of God in there  (Read 501 times) Average Rating: 0
walter1234
High Elder

« on: September 27, 2012, 02:27:42 PM »

hi everybody,

I know there are a lot of Orthodox Chrisitian from Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church in this forum. I start to have interest on Ethiopian and God's works in there. I really want to know more about them. How is this country now?  

As what I know, Epthiopa is a developing country.  IS economics there  quite poor? Difficult to find job?  Are there many people suffering from illness, disease,famine? is Living in Ethiopia very harsh?

As I  heard, God's Miracles always happens in these harsh conditions, and so there are a lot of miracles from GOd in Africa. Christians in Africa can always easily experience the power and love of God.Is there really a lot of miracles in  Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church/ Christians?Are  Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church/ Christians always easily experience the love, power, the help of the GOd?

Are there more and more people converting to orthodox christian in Ethiopia?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 02:44:17 PM by walter1234 » Logged
mabsoota
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 02:43:42 PM »

yes.
there are lots of Christians in ethiopia, and like Christians everywhere, some follow God very closely and others struggle to do the same.
orthodox Christians don't always tell everyone when there are miracles happening, as we have learnt that following our emotions and looking for miracles and exiting experiences do not make us closer to God.
we can know God's presence simply doing household chores or walking to work.
it is the daily effort to keep close to God and trust Him through difficult times that helps our faith to grow.
i want to ask you something, but will do so via personal message so u don't feel you have to answer publicly.
you don't have to answer me either, i won't be offended!
walter1234
High Elder

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 02:47:28 PM »

yes.
there are lots of Christians in ethiopia, and like Christians everywhere, some follow God very closely and others struggle to do the same.
orthodox Christians don't always tell everyone when there are miracles happening, as we have learnt that following our emotions and looking for miracles and exiting experiences do not make us closer to God.
it is the daily effort to keep close to God and trust Him through difficult times that helps our faith to grow.
i want to ask you something, but will do so via personal message so u don't feel you have to answer publicly.

Do not aware that there is a function of 'personal message'!  

Yes , of course.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 02:48:48 PM by walter1234 » Logged
mabsoota
Archon

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 02:59:23 PM »

at the top of the page, there is 'home', 'help', 'rules', then in 6th position 'my messages'.
if u want to send a message, you click on someone's name, and then near the bottom there is a function 'send this person a personal message'.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 03:00:20 PM by mabsoota » Logged
walter1234
High Elder

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 03:07:20 PM »

at the top of the page, there is 'home', 'help', 'rules', then in 6th position 'my messages'.
if u want to send a message, you click on someone's name, and then near the bottom there is a function 'send this person a personal message'.

Yes, I have just found it
walter1234
High Elder

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 03:18:03 PM »

yes.

I come from charismatic church. We emphsize onthe  power and the work of Holy spirit. We  like to tell people when there are miracles happening. Some famous charismatic leaders like to hold 'miracle conferece' around the world, like ' Healing conference', 'deliverance conference', 'God's power conference'.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 03:31:53 PM by walter1234 » Logged
mabsoota
Archon

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 04:06:15 PM »

i have been a member of charismatic churches.
i know of more miracles happening in the orthodox churches.
we don't like to focus on the miracles, though, as the biggest miracle of all is God coming down to us in a human form and taking on our nature in order to bring us closer to God's divine nature.
but there are a few miracles that were so public that we talk about them:
e.g.
http://www.zeitun-eg.org/zeitoun1.htm
the appearance of the virgin mary in egypt.
God allowed her to appear to bring comfort to people.
as the muslims also consider her to be a great follower of God, then many of them also saw and believed.
i have personally met people who were there (incuding a muslim) who saw this and it brought them closer to God.
may God be glorified forever!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: