OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 18, 2014, 02:04:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "everybody was watching him" well everybody did a lousy job!  (Read 336 times) Average Rating: 0
Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« on: September 23, 2012, 01:34:28 PM »

Last night I was on my to the grocery strore. One the roads I take is a narrow curved unlit intersection- the kind of road most of hate driving, especially at dusk. So I'm coming around the curve and there's an unattended toddler, little boy about 3 years old standing in the road. Not an adult in sight!!! Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Luckily I wasn't going very fast a have antilock brakes! Two other cars stopped and we all got out, called the plolice, who came very promptly. While they're trying to get child to tell us where he lives, his name etc and contacting CPS a man about mid-20's walks over from a nearby apt complex and tells the police the boy is his girlfreind's kid.
cop: "Who was watching him?"
guy: "Oh well there's 8 of us playing video games at the house"
cop: "Which adult was watching him?"
guy "Everybody was."
cop: "Well if a 3 yr old is in the middle of the street, 'everybody' has some explaining to do"
guy: "Well a kid that big can open a door and wander out, you know how it is."
cop: "Yes. That's why an adult needs to watching children"

end of story...police handed child over to CPS, a coupl eof units went into apt complex to find "everybody".

Proverbs 22:7
OrthoNoob
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 10:17:04 PM »

(facepalm)

http://avengingredhand.wordpress.com -- My blog

'These words I, Leo, have set down for love and as a safeguard of the Orthodox Faith'
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: