OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 07:09:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Questions  (Read 327 times) Average Rating: 0
Pne123

Faith: Catechumens
Jurisdiction: Antioch church of America

« on: September 24, 2012, 09:08:04 PM »

Hello. I am a complete newbie. My wife is on the way to becoming Orthodox and I am a possible inquirer but having a lot of trouble with faith n

I will post more about my and our journey but I need help.

I am in poor health and the priest said to us that a married couple is married for life in heaven but asexual. Is this true?  What if when I die my wife remarries, is she married to two people / souls. As awful as it sounds I do not want her to remarry because I have so very few friends and she has so many, I see her as my only friend. So I hang on tight to the idea?

Second I have read a lot on this site about the sin of masturbation. The only way sexuality can be fully satisfying is for mutual masturbation and my own masturbation. Is this sinful?  When I become Orthodox Lord willing if able, is it something I must confess?

Third. The parish is very small. Will the sole priest be the confessor for both my wife and I. That idea bothers me. Are there options and how I do I bring it to the priest?

The priest said to me that it may or may not be better for wife and I to become Orthodox together. Two years for me maybe.  My wife will be ready in three months and until I spoke to priest about how I feel.

I am prone to depression and I feel if my wife become Orthodox before me I will simply give up. My wife is so spiritual and I only have an weak faith that vacillates.

More later I have some problems that I want to ask about but I want to give a bit of a story and ask people's thoughts. I am in a lot of emotional pain over this.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 12:37:43 AM »

Earthly marital relations do not have an automatic bearing on how you will relate to your wife in heaven.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 02:05:55 AM »

Second I have read a lot on this site about the sin of masturbation. The only way sexuality can be fully satisfying is for mutual masturbation and my own masturbation. Is this sinful?  When I become Orthodox Lord willing if able, is it something I must confess?
If you mean what I take you to mean, I can't imagine that a priest would require confession of it.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
Tags: Sexuality. Remarriage.  
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: