Author Topic: Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church commemorates Bible translation  (Read 550 times)

Offline biro

• Elevator lady, levitate me
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church commemorates Bible translation
« on: September 24, 2012, 08:21:58 PM »
This year is the bicentennial of the translation of the Bible into Malayalam. In Thiruvanathapuram, India, the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church is paying tribute to this event.

From the article:
A book containing a collection of studies regarding the contribution of the Ramban, edited by M. Kurian Thomas and titled Kayamkulam Philipose Remban - Vayakthium Sambhavanaum, will be released by Perumbadavam Sreedharan, Chairman, Kerala Sahithya Akadami, at VJT Hall Thiruvananthapuram, at 11. 30 a.m. on Tuesday.

Offline Jetavan

• Argumentum ad australopithecum
  • Taxiarches
  • Barlaam and Josaphat
    • The Mystical Theology
Re: Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church commemorates Bible translation
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 02:24:17 AM »
This year is the bicentennial of the translation of the Bible into Malayalam. In Thiruvanathapuram, India, the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church is paying tribute to this event.

From the article:
A book containing a collection of studies regarding the contribution of the Ramban, edited by M. Kurian Thomas and titled Kayamkulam Philipose Remban - Vayakthium Sambhavanaum, will be released by Perumbadavam Sreedharan, Chairman, Kerala Sahithya Akadami, at VJT Hall Thiruvananthapuram, at 11. 30 a.m. on Tuesday.
For minute there, I thought it said that the Jewish philosopher Maimonides (who also goes by the name, Rambam) translated their Bible into Malayalam.
If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.

Offline dhinuus

• High Elder
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 11:53:53 AM »
For minute there, I thought it said that the Jewish philosopher Maimonides (who also goes by the name, Rambam) translated their Bible into Malayalam.
Monks who are priests and teachers are known in the Syriac tradition as Remban (Hebrew variant is Rabban). Fr. Philipose who reposed in the Lord 200 years ago was a Monk-Priest and Teacher and hence known as Philipose Remban.
NULL

Offline Severian

• Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and help my unbelief!
  • Taxiarches
  • The Patriarch Saint Severus of Antioch
    • St. Jacob Baradeus' Orthodox Christian Fellowship
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 09:28:24 PM »
Interesting.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. -The Lord Jesus

The Saviour is made of elements which are distinct from one another yet He is not two Persons. God forbid! For both natures are one by the combination. -St. Gregory Nazianzen