OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 04:15:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church commemorates Bible translation  (Read 462 times) Average Rating: 0
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« on: September 24, 2012, 08:21:58 PM »

This year is the bicentennial of the translation of the Bible into Malayalam. In Thiruvanathapuram, India, the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church is paying tribute to this event.

From the article:
A book containing a collection of studies regarding the contribution of the Ramban, edited by M. Kurian Thomas and titled Kayamkulam Philipose Remban - Vayakthium Sambhavanaum, will be released by Perumbadavam Sreedharan, Chairman, Kerala Sahithya Akadami, at VJT Hall Thiruvananthapuram, at 11. 30 a.m. on Tuesday.
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 02:24:17 AM »

This year is the bicentennial of the translation of the Bible into Malayalam. In Thiruvanathapuram, India, the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church is paying tribute to this event.

From the article:
A book containing a collection of studies regarding the contribution of the Ramban, edited by M. Kurian Thomas and titled Kayamkulam Philipose Remban - Vayakthium Sambhavanaum, will be released by Perumbadavam Sreedharan, Chairman, Kerala Sahithya Akadami, at VJT Hall Thiruvananthapuram, at 11. 30 a.m. on Tuesday.
For minute there, I thought it said that the Jewish philosopher Maimonides (who also goes by the name, Rambam) translated their Bible into Malayalam.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
dhinuus
Elder

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 11:53:53 AM »

For minute there, I thought it said that the Jewish philosopher Maimonides (who also goes by the name, Rambam) translated their Bible into Malayalam.
Monks who are priests and teachers are known in the Syriac tradition as Remban (Hebrew variant is Rabban). Fr. Philipose who reposed in the Lord 200 years ago was a Monk-Priest and Teacher and hence known as Philipose Remban.

NULL
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Miaphysite Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: The Church of Alexandria

Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth

Partisangirl
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 09:28:24 PM »

Interesting.

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

I am currently not an active poster on the forum. Please forgive any offense I might have caused in the past. Thank you.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: