OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 02:10:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rick Scarborough's 40 Days to Save America  (Read 199 times) Average Rating: 0
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

When in doubt, you lack the proper φρόνημα

« on: September 27, 2012, 10:29:11 PM »

http://40daystosaveamerica.com/index.html

Spurred on by the encouraging revelation of the Jesus Wife Gospel, sectarian religious leader Rick Scarborough wants evangelicals, "charismatics", and the newly-minted quasi-denomination "Roman Catholevans" to pray that America elect God's chosen leader. Who is going to back the American religious right.

From the about:

"In March of 1992 I became acquainted first hand with the aggressive nature of the secularists who have dedicated themselves to redefining America and eradicating every vestige of our godly heritage. In our local high school where my children were being prepared for adulthood, or so I assumed, I sat in the back of a crowded auditorium and listened to a speaker advocating sexual licentiousness and making a mockery of the very moral underpinnings my children were receiving both at home and at church...

If God grants the desire of our collective hearts...America will receive the healing she must have if she is to continue to be a beacon of hope and freedom to the world."

A video clip points to such abominations as "Secular Humanism" as the impetus of our national chastening.

So, instead of listening to the cries of the Prophet Isaiah:

"So when you spread out your hands in prayer,
I will hide My eyes from you;
Yes, even though you multiply prayers,
I will not listen.
Your hands are covered with blood.

Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean;
Remove the evil of your deeds from My sight.

Cease to do evil,
Learn to do good;
Seek justice,
Reprove the ruthless,
Defend the orphan,
Plead for the widow."

We are here called to pray that secular humanism and "immorality" be whisked away to the third aeon.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 10:51:01 PM »

And to think dating the Rapture couldn't be topped.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Tags: Sodom and Gomorrah  teaching of islam 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: