Any newer bands that you're liking? I mean bands that have just begun putting out albums in the last, say, 7 years or less? I have a few...Acrassicauda
- Iraqi thrash. They're supposed to have a new album coming this year, their first full length. Technically they've been together a decade, but their first real release was an EP in 2010.Anhedonist
- American death/doom. First full length came out in 2012.Carach Angren
- Dutch symphonic black metal. My new favorite band, I'm really digging the new release from last year, and also enjoy the past couple that I've heard on spotify. First EP was in 2005 but their first full length wasn't until 2008.Havok
- American thrash. I liked their debut (2009) the most, but I still have high hopes for future releases.The Howling Void
- American funeral doom. A bit repetitive at times, but very relaxing and enjoyable nonetheless. They released 3 albums in 4 years starting in 2009.Lazarus A.D.
- American thrash. Another thrash band that I liked the debut (2007) of the most but am still optimistic about.Nekromantheon
- Norwegian thrash metal. Pretty good stuff IMO. First EP was in 2007 and first album in 2010.
The Resurrection Sorrow - American stoner/heavy. Pretty good debut album in 2009, especially considering that I don't like much from this genre.Wodensthrone
- British black/folk. I haven't heard their first one from 2009 yet, but the album from last year was good.