OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 24, 2014, 09:42:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Metal and Rock Thread  (Read 7120 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« on: September 23, 2012, 11:32:37 PM »

There are several disparate threads about metal and rock on the forum, but they're generally of the "Is it bad?" variety, or dealing with a very specific situation. I've been using the Orthodox Folk/Death Metal thread as a sort of general catch-all place to post, but Alveus would rather have that thread die, so I figured I'd start a new one, this one devoted to general discussion (info about what bands you're discovering, what new album you hate, why you think music is dead, etc.) If you want to debate whether rock/metal is evil, please use one of the twenty thousand other threads...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 11:37:41 PM by Asteriktos » Logged

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 12:26:51 AM »

The new album of As I Lay Dying is currently streaming for free at AOL Music...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 12:27:13 AM by Asteriktos » Logged

NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

When in doubt, say: "you lack the proper φρόνημα"

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 02:16:20 AM »

Asteriktos, you strike me as a fellow who listened to Iced Earth back in the day.

Have you repented?

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 04:12:48 AM »

Lol, I just bought my first Iced Earth album a couple weeks ago. Found it in a used CD store and recognized the name, so I gave it a shot. Didn't much like it.  police

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 03:15:11 AM »

Checking out their Wiki page, looks like they've had some pretty extensive lineup changes lately. Hate to say it, but I'm afraid they might have lost their touch. But hey, I still haven't heard all of I Am, so I can't judge just yet.

I see what you mean (at wiki), I was unware. So now they're like Underoath and don't have any founding members left. Huh.

Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Jerkodox

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 01:33:44 AM »

Sentenced - We are but Falling Leaves

This song seems to never get old or boring.

EDIT: They started as a Melodic Death Metal band but transformed into this. This is from their last album before they broke up.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 01:45:38 AM by Alpo » Logged

Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 01:52:16 AM »

Sorry, Alpo. This is the real Sentenced:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_8Xs8ydvE0&feature=relmfu

Finland was truly the Mecca of old-school death metal in the early 90's: Abhorrence, Demilich, Depravity, (early) Amorphis, Disgrace, Convulse, Demigod, Purtenance, Adramelech, Rippikoulu, Funebre, etc. The list is endless. That's without even mentioning Finland's stellar black metal scene (Beherit, Archgoat, etc.). I also really enjoyed a Christian metal band from Finland quite a bit called Mordecai. They put out a really solid release "Through the Shadows, Towards the Dawn" many moons ago. I loved that in high school.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 01:54:42 AM by Alveus Lacuna » Logged
Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 02:18:03 AM »

Sorry, Alpo. This is the real Sentenced:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_8Xs8ydvE0&feature=relmfu

Heretic!

Finland was truly the Mecca of old-school death metal in the early 90's: Abhorrence, Demilich, Depravity, (early) Amorphis, Disgrace, Convulse, Demigod, Purtenance, Adramelech, Rippikoulu, Funebre, etc. The list is endless. That's without even mentioning Finland's stellar black metal scene (Beherit, Archgoat, etc.). I also really enjoyed a Christian metal band from Finland quite a bit called Mordecai. They put out a really solid release "Through the Shadows, Towards the Dawn" many moons ago. I loved that in high school.

Lol, I'm a Finn and I've listened to Metal all the way since high school and I still haven't heard heard of most of the bands you mentioned. But I wasn't that much into Death Metal but to wimpy Melodic Black Metal which seemed to be fashionable when I was younger. Rippikoulu has such a brilliant name though that I must get to know them.

I remember loving that Mordecai's EP. I don't know how old I was when I bought their split album Immortal Souls which contained latters Divine Wintertime. Mordecai and Immortal Souls were one of the few decent Christian Metal bands I could find in those days. Good times.

Btw, nice to see you around. I haven't noticed you posting for a while.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 02:20:55 AM by Alpo » Logged

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 05:23:02 PM »

Got the new Becoming the Archetype album today, and have listened to it now. Sort of unsure what to think. My first impressions are not generally positive... sort of middle of the road. The only song I truly dislike is The Planet Maker, but as for the rest... I don't know. About 2-3 songs into the album I was thinking something along the lines of "Ok, I don't love this, but it might grow on me". By the time it got to the blah instrumental that was starting to change, and by the end... well, like I said, not generally positive. Who knows, maybe I'll listen to it another half dozen times and find some stuff I like though. I've been known to change my mind.  angel

neon_knights
High Elder

Faith: Christian

My political hero.

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 05:47:05 PM »

Asteriktos, you strike me as a fellow who listened to Iced Earth back in the day.

Have you repented?

Stop...
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 06:17:41 PM »

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 12:25:45 AM »

Also received the new As I Lay Dying disc yesterday. Much more interesting (to me) than the BtA, though it doesn't quite match my favorite by them, An Ocean Between Us.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 12:04:03 AM »

neon_knights
High Elder

My political hero.

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 12:17:56 AM »

I've been trying to get into Burzum lately, but I just can't digest black metal. Burzum is more bearable than most other BM I've heard, but still...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 12:18:07 AM by neon_knights » Logged
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 12:23:19 AM »

I've been trying to get into Burzum lately, but I just can't digest black metal. Burzum is more bearable than most other BM I've heard, but still...

You might like Summoning. They are very much a development of the Burzum style, but generally less abrasive. Heavy on atmosphere, light on blast beats. All their songs are Tolkien-themed. Good albums to start with: Oath Bound, Nightshade Forests, Dol Guldur.

Some sample tracks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEmcnnj8_v0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBZQGOtpJFE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVEk8K6MnJo
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 12:28:17 AM by Iconodule » Logged

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
christian7777
Elder

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2012, 01:03:05 AM »

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Scar Symmetry. Apparently they're working on their next album, I look forward to hearing what it will be like.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 01:03:43 AM by christian7777 » Logged
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2012, 01:15:42 AM »

Hmm, let me think.  Metal and Rock bands I used to enjoy and occasionally listen to now.

Nazareth
AC/DC
Guns and Roses
Metallica (Black album only)
Led Zeppelin
and various other songs scattered throughout.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 11:33:01 PM »

As unoriginal as this opinion may be, Led Zeppelin stands alone at the top. They are the Michael Jordan of Rock music. They had the technical chops, the longevity, the passion, the uncanny live performances, the chemistry, and the originality. All subsequent heavy metal bands were in some way influenced by Zeppelin. But Zeppelin wasn't just a heavy metal band that threw in a few cheesy ballads now and then. What I think made Zeppelin truly great was the diversity and range of the music they produced. They could play any style of music while still retaining their signature sound. And none of their music sounded trite, commercial, or manufactured. It all seemed to come from an authentic core. There is a "realness" to all Zeppelin songs. And like all truly great art, their music stands the test of time. One of the hardest things to do is to make music that doesn't sound dated. How do musicians know that what sounds good at the moment will still sound good decades later? But Led Zeppelin was somehow able to experiment with an array of sounds without creating music that seemed confined by the trappings of the era. There may be other bands and musicians that are just as technically proficient, but Zeppelin had all the intangibles and the combination of all the ingredients that create greatness.

Just my opinion.

Selam

"Beauty is truth, and Orthodoxy is beautiful." +GMK+
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 11:42:59 PM »

As unoriginal as this opinion may be, Led Zeppelin stands alone at the top. They are the Michael Jordan of Rock music. They had the technical chops, the longevity, the passion, the uncanny live performances, the chemistry, and the originality. All subsequent heavy metal bands were in some way influenced by Zeppelin. But Zeppelin wasn't just a heavy metal band that threw in a few cheesy ballads now and then. What I think made Zeppelin truly great was the diversity and range of the music they produced. They could play any style of music while still retaining their signature sound. And none of their music sounded trite, commercial, or manufactured. It all seemed to come from an authentic core. There is a "realness" to all Zeppelin songs. And like all truly great art, their music stands the test of time. One of the hardest things to do is to make music that doesn't sound dated. How do musicians know that what sounds good at the moment will still sound good decades later? But Led Zeppelin was somehow able to experiment with an array of sounds without creating music that seemed confined by the trappings of the era. There may be other bands and musicians that are just as technically proficient, but Zeppelin had all the intangibles and the combination of all the ingredients that create greatness.

Just my opinion.

Selam

Led Zeppelin stole a bunch of songs from poor American blues singers and claimed credit for them. Eventually they were found out but they're still living in castles. They took the songs of oppressed people and made them into blazing celebrations of the white male ego. They are a disgusting band.

Robert Plant is insufferable.

You are wrong about Led Zeppelin and metal. Their influence is often exaggerated. Black Sabbath was far more important.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 11:43:47 PM by Iconodule » Logged

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 11:48:34 PM »

As far as good bands go, I really love Les Discrets' two albums.

2010's Septembre et Ses Dernieres Pensees

And this year's Ariettes Oubliees

They are a fairly metallic band. They are often described (along with Alcest) as some sort of shoe gaze/ black metal hybrid. Thematically, they draw a great deal on romanticism and the Symbolist movement. They made a great song out of Paul Verlaine's "Song of Autumn": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaorodbg21Q

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 11:49:10 PM »

I cringe everytime someone says Led Zeppelin is heavy metal.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Timon
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 11:52:45 PM »

Checking out their Wiki page, looks like they've had some pretty extensive lineup changes lately. Hate to say it, but I'm afraid they might have lost their touch. But hey, I still haven't heard all of I Am, so I can't judge just yet.

I see what you mean (at wiki), I was unware. So now they're like Underoath and don't have any founding members left. Huh.

Zao doesnt have any originals either

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 11:57:03 PM »

Just my opinion.

Selam

Led Zeppelin stole a bunch of songs from poor American blues singers and claimed credit for them. Eventually they were found out but they're still living in castles. They took the songs of oppressed people and made them into blazing celebrations of the white male ego. They are a disgusting band.

You are wrong about Led Zeppelin and metal. Their influence is often exaggerated. Black Sabbath was far more important.

I don't think they stole anything. All art is an immitation of life, and no thought is truly original. Immitation is the greatest form of flattery (somebody said that), and to be influenced by great music and then do something original with it is not thievery in my eyes.

As for the character, ego, and morality of Robert Plant and the other members of Zeppelin, you won't see me arguing for their virtue. But their artistic genius is unquestioned.

Selam

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 11:58:46 PM »

Yeah, I know what you mean. But I'm pretty sure that the term "heavy metal" originated with Zeppelin. They definitely played some heavy metal songs, but they played so much more as well.

Selam

TristanCross
Chief Of Sinners
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen

Romans 10:9-10

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2012, 12:15:37 AM »

Just my opinion.

Selam

I don't think they stole anything. All art is an immitation of life, and no thought is truly original. Immitation is the greatest form of flattery (somebody said that), and to be influenced by great music and then do something original with it is not thievery in my eyes.

As for the character, ego, and morality of Robert Plant and the other members of Zeppelin, you won't see me arguing for their virtue. But their artistic genius is unquestioned.

Selam

Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You was stolen by them. Google it. You'll find the Youtube video exposing it.

"Let the mouth also fast from disgraceful speeches and railings. For what does it profit if we abstain from fish and fowl and yet bite and devour our brothers and sisters? The evil speaker eats the flesh of his brother and bites the body of his neighbor. "
— St. John Chrysostom
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2012, 12:27:09 AM »

You know I am against theft and all, but when it comes to music I don't care so much. That's thanks to me growing up with heavily sampled hip hop music.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2012, 12:28:38 AM »

Just my opinion.

Selam

Selam

Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You was stolen by them. Google it. You'll find the Youtube video exposing it.

All rock was essentially stolen from the blues, if you want to look at it that way. Robert Plant did actually steal Sonny Boy Williamson's harmonica though. That was outright theft.  Wink

Selam

TristanCross
Chief Of Sinners
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen

Romans 10:9-10

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 01:01:28 AM »

True, Gebre. Led Zeppelin is also one of my favorite bands (though I was taught to believe rock music is demonic, or so says my former spiritual father).

"Let the mouth also fast from disgraceful speeches and railings. For what does it profit if we abstain from fish and fowl and yet bite and devour our brothers and sisters? The evil speaker eats the flesh of his brother and bites the body of his neighbor. "
— St. John Chrysostom
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 01:22:44 AM »

True, Gebre. Led Zeppelin is also one of my favorite bands (though I was taught to believe rock music is demonic, or so says my former spiritual father).

I won't argue with your spiritual father. I rarely listen to Zeppelin anymore. Not as the result of any conscious decision, but my spirit just isn't drawn to rock music like it used to be. I consider that a good thing. But don't get me wrong,  I still "get the Led out" every now and then.  Wink

Selam

Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2012, 01:28:52 AM »

This thread needs more Virgin Black:

Silent.

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2012, 01:37:54 AM »

Selam

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2012, 03:53:51 PM »

Underoath announced that they're breaking up...

(inb4 iconodule, alveus, et al start saying "no big loss"  Grin )

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2012, 03:58:30 PM »

Who is Underoath? Seriously, I don't know who they are.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2012, 04:10:17 PM »

Really? Wow, you really are elite!  Cheesy Pretty sure they were the biggest Christian metalcore* band, in terms of sales anyway. I thought they were hit and miss, but their Define the Great Line is one of my favorite albums.

*They didn't start out as metalcore, but were some type of eclectic mix of metal.

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2012, 04:12:46 PM »

Really? Wow, you really are elite!  Cheesy Pretty sure they were the biggest Christian metalcore* band, in terms of sales anyway. I thought they were hit and miss, but their Define the Great Line is one of my favorite albums.

*They didn't start out as metalcore, but were some type of eclectic mix of metal.

Okay. I've honestly never really delved into the metalcore genre. I generally don't like the sound and the bands just seem like a never-ending stream of really dumb names.

Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2012, 04:27:19 PM »

Yeah, I know what you mean. But I'm pretty sure that the term "heavy metal" originated with Zeppelin. They definitely played some heavy metal songs, but they played so much more as well.

Selam

"Heavy Metal" in the context of music originated with "Born to Be Wild" by Steppenwolf. 

While it's largely a matter of hair-splitting, I'd consider Black Sabbath to be the "first" heavy metal band, especially when put up against that first Zeppelin record which, with the benefit of hindsight, sounds more "rock" than "metal." 

And people who complain about LZ stealing blues riffs have no idea what they're talking about because the history of the blues is the history of stealing riffs.  Buddy Guy often said he liked playing with BB King and Clapton because he could watch and listen to them play up close so he could steal their riffs.  Classical composers often stole melodies and arrangements from one another willy-nilly.  The only people who think this is somehow some great crime are non-musicians.  All musicians are thieves in some way, shape, or form.  The best have the ability to do a quick paint job, as it were, and drive away with what seems to be a new car.  At present, I'm stealing all sorts of Beck and Page licks, but I barely use some cheap Krylon on them, so to speak. 

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2012, 06:18:04 PM »

Selam

"Heavy Metal" in the context of music originated with "Born to Be Wild" by Steppenwolf. 

While it's largely a matter of hair-splitting, I'd consider Black Sabbath to be the "first" heavy metal band, especially when put up against that first Zeppelin record which, with the benefit of hindsight, sounds more "rock" than "metal." 

And people who complain about LZ stealing blues riffs have no idea what they're talking about because the history of the blues is the history of stealing riffs.  Buddy Guy often said he liked playing with BB King and Clapton because he could watch and listen to them play up close so he could steal their riffs.  Classical composers often stole melodies and arrangements from one another willy-nilly.  The only people who think this is somehow some great crime are non-musicians.  All musicians are thieves in some way, shape, or form.  The best have the ability to do a quick paint job, as it were, and drive away with what seems to be a new car.  At present, I'm stealing all sorts of Beck and Page licks, but I barely use some cheap Krylon on them, so to speak. 

When I learned to play bass, one of the first things I learned was the simple 'walking' bass line, followed by some other blues figures. I almost never had to vary them after that; nearly every blues song was some kind of assembly of the basic riffs. Just as reggaeton has pretty much one drumbeat (taken from "Dem Bow" by Shabba Ranks), blues has a few patterns and except for lead guitar solos, there's not much more to it in terms of building blocks. That doesn't mean the songs aren't worth listening to. There are only so many notes and chords... "Immature poets borrow. Mature poets steal."

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2012, 08:31:23 PM »

Underoath announced that they're breaking up...

(inb4 iconodule, alveus, et al start saying "no big loss"  Grin )

Super bummed about this.  Been one of my favorites since "when the sun sleeps"

It seems all my favorite bands growing up are finally getting old and hanging it up.  Thrice recently hung it up to... Theyre probably my favorite of all time...

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2012, 01:01:36 AM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Selam

You literally could have no idea how deeply personally and spiritually moving that particular Icon has been for my life Smiley

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2012, 01:04:56 AM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Selam

And people who complain about LZ stealing blues riffs have no idea what they're talking about because the history of the blues is the history of stealing riffs.  Buddy Guy often said he liked playing with BB King and Clapton because he could watch and listen to them play up close so he could steal their riffs.  Classical composers often stole melodies and arrangements from one another willy-nilly.  The only people who think this is somehow some great crime are non-musicians.  All musicians are thieves in some way, shape, or form.  The best have the ability to do a quick paint job, as it were, and drive away with what seems to be a new car.  At present, I'm stealing all sorts of Beck and Page licks, but I barely use some cheap Krylon on them, so to speak.  

When I learned to play bass, one of the first things I learned was the simple 'walking' bass line, followed by some other blues figures. I almost never had to vary them after that; nearly every blues song was some kind of assembly of the basic riffs. Just as reggaeton has pretty much one drumbeat (taken from "Dem Bow" by Shabba Ranks), blues has a few patterns and except for lead guitar solos, there's not much more to it in terms of building blocks.

At the foundation, blues is simple, but the more intricate blues bass players are intensely nuanced.  Reggae seems so simple and easy to folks listening from the outside, but musically it is quite literally one the hardest styles to play right. I've heard a million terrible imitation blues and reggae bands that would swear to themselves they were authentic, and had even somehow convinced some kind of fan base to believe the same, but from my experience playing and singing in blues and reggae bands in particular, finding a good bassie who can truly hold it down while also experimenting and yet essentially leading the band? A gem almost as rare as a good keys player Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 01:05:51 AM by HabteSelassie » Logged

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2012, 08:38:54 AM »

HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2012, 11:36:48 AM »

I won't argue with your spiritual father. I rarely listen to Zeppelin anymore. Not as the result of any conscious decision, but my spirit just isn't drawn to rock music like it used to be. I consider that a good thing. But don't get me wrong,  I still "get the Led out" every now and then.  Wink

Selam

That is good.  Robert Plant ruins the otherwise sonic brilliance that is Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones Wink 

They should release dub versions!!

stay blessed,
habte selassie

FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2012, 11:46:48 AM »

Selam

That is good.  Robert Plant ruins the otherwise sonic brilliance that is Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones Wink 

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Please. Like the Yardbirds went anywhere. Without Plant there would have been no early Soundgarden. 'Nuff said.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2012, 11:54:56 AM »

Selam

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Please. Like the Yardbirds went anywhere. Without Plant there would have been no early Soundgarden. 'Nuff said.

So, what, you are only making me dislike Led Zeppelin all the more if we can blame them for Chris Cornell  police

stay blessed,
habte selassie

FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2012, 12:17:36 PM »

Selam

stay blessed,
habte selassie

So, what, you are only making me dislike Led Zeppelin all the more if we can blame them for Chris Cornell  police

stay blessed,
habte selassie

You disparage everything up to Superunknown? Heresy.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: