OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 15, 2014, 11:27:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, and the Endeavor Space Shuttle? Reasons to Hate LA ;)  (Read 266 times) Average Rating: 0
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« on: September 21, 2012, 04:43:43 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

and now..

My entire life, I have been watching the Space Shuttle land at California's Edwards Airforce Base on TV.  We had become used to hearing the sonic booms as it entered our airspace.  We got used to seeing live shots of it landing on the morning or afternoon news, and we also enjoyed seeing it shuttled (pun intended) back to Texas or Florida piggy backing on the 747.  It is a common spectacle for Californias and Angelenos. However today was pure magic!  I must have seen the Shuttle on the back of that 747 on TV a dozen times, but I've NEVER seen the Shuttle flying over my straight HOUSE! It was insane!  I was watching the TV, then I heard the jets, as as soon as I stepped off my porch, I was just gawking up at the Space Shuttle flying just a few hundred feet above my head!! Crazy!  All political and economic controversies about the NASA programs aside, I must admit it was pretty cool to see.  My grandfather up north in the Bay Area also saw the Shuttle flying over their house, its kind to share that collective experience with him.  I'm glad that the California Science Center put up the money for the Shuttle to tour the state so we ALL could share this moment, since most of us have been seeing the same kind of thing from Edwards' Base for so many years, now we get to taste the real thing Smiley

So lets get it straight, LA just got Dwight Howard and Steve Nash to the Lakes which already has much of the country mashing their teeth at us, as if having beautiful weather 24/7 and a delightful community wasn't enough to envy.  Now we also got the Space Shuttle which 29 other cities had bid for?  Haha!!   Tongue Tongue Tongue

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 05:15:49 PM »

And Robby Keane, David Beckham, and Landon Donovan...Well the Galaxy as a whole. police

Forgive my sins.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 05:27:35 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

And Robby Keane, David Beckham, and Landon Donovan...Well the Galaxy as a whole. police

Yes we simply musn't forget Becks and Landon.  See also  Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul, Shaq, Wayne Gretsky, Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem, and of course the Lakers and Dodgers themselves Wink

Remember folks, Los Angeles is a transdimensional vortex from which no living thing can ever escape, so if you dare to come here, prepare to stay.

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 05:36:30 PM »

I will not watch sports ever again if the Lakers reach the Finals this year.

Mark my words.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 05:41:46 PM »

I will not watch sports ever again if the Lakers reach the Finals this year.

Mark my words.

I do believe that is what most NBA fans have been saying for about 50 years now! Of course in the reverse, LA hated the 1990s Bulls guts for constantly dominating, but then again, so did Phoenix, Seattle, Detroit and Utah. Then again, we did hate them so much that we recruited the Mandarin err.. Phil Jackson twice  Tongue

Think about it this way, the Lakers have only missed the play-offs FOUR times since coming to Los Angeles..

However, this isn't about basketball, that was the facetious intro, this is about the Endeavor Space Shuttle which so many other cities wanted, but alas, which LA as usual by our charisma and חֻצְפָּה got the clutch win.  Oh yeah, we've also had the Olympics here a few times too.
Perhaps we can have the Shuttle do a fly-over victory lap at next year's Laker Parade Tongue Tongue Tongue

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 05:51:16 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: