OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 11:41:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Questions  (Read 323 times) Average Rating: 0
Pne123

Faith: Catechumens
Jurisdiction: Antioch church of America

« on: September 24, 2012, 09:08:04 PM »

Hello. I am a complete newbie. My wife is on the way to becoming Orthodox and I am a possible inquirer but having a lot of trouble with faith n

I will post more about my and our journey but I need help.

I am in poor health and the priest said to us that a married couple is married for life in heaven but asexual. Is this true?  What if when I die my wife remarries, is she married to two people / souls. As awful as it sounds I do not want her to remarry because I have so very few friends and she has so many, I see her as my only friend. So I hang on tight to the idea?

Second I have read a lot on this site about the sin of masturbation. The only way sexuality can be fully satisfying is for mutual masturbation and my own masturbation. Is this sinful?  When I become Orthodox Lord willing if able, is it something I must confess?

Third. The parish is very small. Will the sole priest be the confessor for both my wife and I. That idea bothers me. Are there options and how I do I bring it to the priest?

The priest said to me that it may or may not be better for wife and I to become Orthodox together. Two years for me maybe.  My wife will be ready in three months and until I spoke to priest about how I feel.

I am prone to depression and I feel if my wife become Orthodox before me I will simply give up. My wife is so spiritual and I only have an weak faith that vacillates.

More later I have some problems that I want to ask about but I want to give a bit of a story and ask people's thoughts. I am in a lot of emotional pain over this.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 12:37:43 AM »

Earthly marital relations do not have an automatic bearing on how you will relate to your wife in heaven.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 02:05:55 AM »

Second I have read a lot on this site about the sin of masturbation. The only way sexuality can be fully satisfying is for mutual masturbation and my own masturbation. Is this sinful?  When I become Orthodox Lord willing if able, is it something I must confess?
If you mean what I take you to mean, I can't imagine that a priest would require confession of it.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"Simply put, if you’re not willing to take what is dearest to you, whether plans or people, and kiss it goodbye, you can’t be my disciple."
Tags: Sexuality. Remarriage.  
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: