OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 20, 2014, 10:32:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why didn't I think of this first  (Read 735 times) Average Rating: 0
Strelets
Стрелец
Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: December 11, 2004, 03:28:02 AM »

Lithuania Unearths Liquor Pipeline from Belarus
Fri Dec 10, 2004 09:34 AM ET

VILNIUS (Reuters) - Lithuanian border guards have unearthed a three-kilometer (2-mile) pipeline for smuggling in moonshine liquor from neighboring Belarus, the guards said on Friday.

The thin plastic pipeline, buried a few centimeters underground, ran under several roads, along a riverbed and ended next to the home of a Lithuanian citizen.

There was no news of any arrests.

It was the fourth such pipeline discovered in the last two years but by far the longest. Moonshine vodka from Belarus is sold on the black market in Lithuania, undercutting prices of legitimate alcohol that have risen sharply since the Baltic nation joined the European Union in May.

"The creed is very simple, and here is what it is: to believe that there is nothing more beautiful, more courageous, and more perfect than Christ; and there not only isn't, but I tell myself with a jealous love, there cannot be." ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky
Pravoslavbob
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Sisoes the Great

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 03:34:10 AM »

Richard,

Yet another proof (sorry) that necessity is the mother of invention!

Religion is a disease, and Orthodoxy is its cure.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: