Author Topic: 20th anniversary pf the return of St. Gabriel relics  (Read 466 times)

Offline mike

• Stratopedarches
20th anniversary pf the return of St. Gabriel relics
« on: September 21, 2012, 11:57:54 AM »
22 Sep 1992 relics of St. Youngling Martyr Gabriel after 250 years returned to his homeland. It is estimated that over 100 k people venerated them en route. The Holy Synod of the Polish Orthodox Church established a feast to commemorate that event.

more pics
and some more
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

not everything I typed before [insert current date] may reflect my current views on the subject

Offline mike

• Stratopedarches
Re: 20th anniversary pf the return of St. Gabriel relics
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 03:09:11 PM »
Pics from the feast of the Transfer of St. Gabriel's Relics from Harodnia to Białystok that was presided by Metropolitan Savva of Warsaw and all Poland. It was also attended by Metropolitan Pantaleon of Veria and Naussa, Archbishops: Simon of Łódź and Poznań, Abel of Lublin and Chełm, Chrysostomos of Rio de Janeiro, Innocent of Vilnius and all Lithuania, Arthemius of Harodnia and Vaukavysk and James of Białystok and Gdańsk and Bishops: Gregory of Supraśl, John of Bieraście and Kobryń, Ambrose of Recife, George of Siematycze, Paisius of Gorlice, Seraphim of Babrujsk and Bychau and Seraphim of the Baltic

http://orthodox.bialystok.pl/pl/cms/doc/index/id/1821
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 03:09:56 PM by Michał Kalina »
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

not everything I typed before [insert current date] may reflect my current views on the subject