OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 11:21:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Open a new forum and call it ' Testimony Forum'  (Read 661 times) Average Rating: 0
walter1234
High Elder

« on: September 21, 2012, 09:20:40 AM »

I have an idea. It would be better to open a new forum  called ' Testimony Forum'. In there, the Christians can share their own testimonies of GOd's love, grace, power,etc . For example, how God listens their prayers, how God is with them during their tough times, how God helps them to overcome addictions, how God heals and delivers them, etc.

I believe this can encorage and bless many brothers and sisters in Christ
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:27:53 AM by walter1234 » Logged
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 10:47:10 AM »

And ask a bunch of anonymous people to share their deepest life stories over the Internet? There's a reason I don't go back to my early days in the Church of the Nazarene. I think this is it.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 10:49:49 AM »

Fwiw, in the past similar threads ("praise reports") have been posted in the prayer section.

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
genesisone
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 11:07:43 AM »

Some of what you might be looking for may be in the "Conversion Stories" sub-forum of "Convert Issues".
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 11:09:43 AM »

As some people need to post long elaborates about their personal feelings here I thought whether it'd be a good idea to create a subforum in the Private Fora for such thing. They tend to forget that their personal confessions are read by dozens of thousand of people on the internet and that would somehow protect their privacy. It'd also enable people who are not interested in reading such things not to read them.

Spreading heavily personal info on the open Internet is not wise at all.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 04:14:24 PM »

As some people need to post long elaborates about their personal feelings here I thought whether it'd be a good idea to create a subforum in the Private Fora for such thing. They tend to forget that their personal confessions are read by dozens of thousand of people on the internet and that would somehow protect their privacy. It'd also enable people who are not interested in reading such things not to read them.

Spreading heavily personal info on the open Internet is not wise at all.

Agreed.  And I believe we already do have such a space within the Convert Issues board, as was mentioned above. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: