OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 20, 2014, 10:57:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greek police arrest man behind Facebook page satirizing 'mystical' priest  (Read 444 times) Average Rating: 0
mike
Stratopedarches

« on: September 25, 2012, 04:34:30 PM »

A 27-year-old man was arrested in the village of Psahna, Evia, on Monday on suspicion of being behind a Facebook page satirizing a dead Orthodox priest who some faithful believe had uncanny powers of perception...

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 05:51:52 PM »

Here they say it it Elder Paisios.
http://www.pravoslavie.ru/english/56316.htm

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
akimori makoto
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 08:26:32 PM »

"The arrest was heavily criticized on Facebook and other social media as being an unacceptable case of censorship unbefitting a modern European country."

Unbefitting of a what?

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 08:41:36 PM »

"The arrest was heavily criticized on Facebook and other social media as being an unacceptable case of censorship unbefitting a modern European country."

Unbefitting of a what?

Unbefitting of thoroughly secularized state that has evolved past a primitive social framework that prizes religion, of course.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 09:24:45 AM »

Unbefitting of a what?

Unbefitting of thoroughly secularized state that has evolved past a primitive social framework that prizes religion, of course.

Psha.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 09:26:06 AM »

Unbefitting of a what?

What you say in sarcasm many would say in sincerity Smiley

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 10:11:21 AM »

Unbefitting of a what?

What you say in sarcasm many would say in sincerity Smiley

Pretty much word for word from a conversation I had with an atheist a few nights ago.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Antonis
"The Most Honourable The Morquess of Something"
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco Outside of San Francisco

You must try this Balkan blend, Barsanuphius.

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 09:31:30 PM »

Saw this on His Eminence Metropolitan Savas' facebook page, was concerned by the number of people who frowned on Greece for this action. Of course, many (I could say most) of those that post on his statuses are on the liberal side of Orthodoxy.

As I dissipate, Christ precipitates.

"And if your right hand causes you to sin, tattoo it."
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: