OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 05:09:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moscow Patriarchate participating at Sant'Egidio  (Read 347 times) Average Rating: 0
Jonathan Gress
Warned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

« on: September 18, 2012, 03:46:12 PM »

I just came across this wonderful video, showing how people of different faiths can rise above their dogmatic differences and pray for that which all religions have as their common aim: world peace!

If you skip ahead to 59:00, you will even see a representative of the Moscow Patriarchate lighting the ecumenical lampada. It is certainly comforting to know that the MP was not serious about it's opposition to ecumenical prayer, which it published back in 2000: a truly heart-rending rejection of decades of leadership in the causes of peace and social justice! Thankfully, we are starting to see in them a renewed commitment to the unification of people of all faiths and walks of life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32BHtFmWXBc&feature=player_embedded#!
Deacon Lance
Archon

Faith: Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archeparchy of Pittsburgh

Liturgy at Mt. St. Macrina Pilgrimage

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 04:48:56 PM »

My sarcasm detector is beeping. Smiley

My cromulent posts embiggen this forum.
Jonathan Gress
Warned
Archon

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 05:50:23 PM »

Sorry, it should be "its opposition", not "it's opposition".
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 06:29:09 PM »

His entire forum is like that. It's no wonder they are called "Irregular".

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
IoanC
Archon

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 04:29:00 AM »

Here is what Romanian Elders have to say about ecumenism:

http://youtu.be/m-RdNeKlFs8
http://youtu.be/7o7UGLTauHI
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 04:52:08 AM »

My sarcasm detector is beeping. Smiley

Same here.

Here is what Romanian Elders have to say about ecumenism:

http://youtu.be/m-RdNeKlFs8
http://youtu.be/7o7UGLTauHI

The second one I watched multiple times. I cannot but laugh when he talks about the three great errors since the creation of the world. He's brilliant.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 04:54:30 AM by Cyrillic » Logged

On a OC.net diet.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: refuse

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 05:31:34 AM »

I cannot but laugh when he talks about the three great errors since the creation of the world. He's brilliant.

I suspect that he was referring to something St. Justin Popovich said...

"In the history of the human race there have been three principle falls: that of Adam, that of Judas, and that of the pope. The principle characteristic of falling into sin is always the same: wanting to be good for one's own sake; wanting to be perfect for one's own sake; wanting to be God for one's own sake." - St. Justin Popovich, Orthodox Faith and Life in Christ, (Institute for Byzantine and Modern Greek Studies, 1994), p. 105
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 05:32:14 AM by Asteriktos » Logged
Shlomlokh
主哀れめよ!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Bulgarian

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 09:09:35 AM »

I just came across this wonderful video, showing how people of different faiths can rise above their dogmatic differences and pray for that which all religions have as their common aim: world peace!

If you skip ahead to 59:00, you will even see a representative of the Moscow Patriarchate lighting the ecumenical lampada. It is certainly comforting to know that the MP was not serious about it's opposition to ecumenical prayer, which it published back in 2000: a truly heart-rending rejection of decades of leadership in the causes of peace and social justice! Thankfully, we are starting to see in them a renewed commitment to the unification of people of all faiths and walks of life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32BHtFmWXBc&feature=player_embedded#!

Yeah, yeah, we get it: MP=Bad. HOTCA=Good.

In Christ,
Andrew

"I will pour out my prayer unto the Lord, and to Him will I proclaim my grief; for with evils my soul is filled, and my life unto hades hath drawn nigh, and like Jonah I will pray: From corruption raise me up, O God." -Ode VI, Irmos of the Supplicatory Canon to the Theotokos
finbar
Finbar

Faith: orthodox
Jurisdiction: antiochian

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 10:52:14 AM »

Just another one of those nutters in an non-canonical Orthodox Church
sounding off about another pet concern...I am certainly NO SUPPORTER of ecumenism

BUT I do just wonder do these people ever look
at themselves with the same scathing and merciless scrutiny that
they apply to all the Canonical Orthodox Patriarchates???

"Nothing troubles the man who is given over to the will of God.....He knows that the Lord in His mercy is solicitous for us.....But the proud and the self-willed do not want to surrender to God's will.." St Siluan the Athonite
podkarpatska
Warned
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 11:10:31 AM »

sounding off about another pet concern...I am certainly NO SUPPORTER of ecumenism

Again - much of this endless patter on 'ecumenism' goes to how one parses the word itself. As to the MP and the EP's positions on the subject, it really should be no surprise that while they have differences in nuance, differences in approach and differences in the publicity they append to ecumenical matters,the substance of their positions are for the most part similar- and to no one's surprise on this and other forums which I frequent - are positions to which I agree in general.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 11:19:55 AM »

If you skip ahead to 59:00, you will even see a representative of the Moscow Patriarchate lighting the ecumenical lampada.

Second worst heresy (after Armenian hats).

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Jonathan Gress
Warned
Archon

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 11:38:32 AM »

Again - much of this endless patter on 'ecumenism' goes to how one parses the word itself. As to the MP and the EP's positions on the subject, it really should be no surprise that while they have differences in nuance, differences in approach and differences in the publicity they append to ecumenical matters,the substance of their positions are for the most part similar- and to no one's surprise on this and other forums which I frequent - are positions to which I agree in general.

If you actually agree with the position of the EP and MP, that's not what I have issue with. My post was aimed more at those who try to pretend the MP believes one thing, when its actions show it believes something else.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: