OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 05:30:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New UOC USA primate  (Read 921 times) Average Rating: 0
mike
Stratopedarches

« on: October 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM »

Facebook says Archbishop Anthony (Sharba) of Hierapolis will be the next primate of the UOC USA.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 04:44:40 PM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Monk Vasyl
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: UOC of USA

Monk Vasyl
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 08:28:02 PM »

That is true and His Grace, Bishop Daniel has been elected to replace His Eminence as the President of the Consistory.  AXIOS!  The Facebook feed was able to keep those of us unable to attend this special sobor up todate with what was happened in South Bound Brook.

The unworthy hierodeacon, Vasyl
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 08:08:35 AM »

I was there!  Whooo hoooo!!!!

Never experienced anything like it, before!

In one day we experienced sadness and mourning remembering Metropolitan Constantine of blessed memory; solemnity when we realized the gravity of what was occurring before us; and joy at the wonderful results of the day!  It was inspiring and humbling to experience the work of the Holy Spirit, warmness and camaraderie of all the delegates and guests, who are like an extended family, and the prayerful love and support of our hierarchs! 

I'm still on a "high" and am in no hurry to come back down!  Smiley  What a great experience and I am so blessed to have been here!

Many, many, happy, successful, healthy and joyous years to His Eminence Metropolitan Elect Antony!

Axios!  Axios!  Axios!!!  .....a truly, truly worthy servant of God.

(More photos in the "Photos" thread - http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,44082.new.html#new)

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Father H
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian--God's One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: UOCofUSA-Ecumenical Patriarchate

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 06:56:46 PM »

That is true and His Grace, Bishop Daniel has been elected to replace His Eminence as the President of the Consistory.  AXIOS!  The Facebook feed was able to keep those of us unable to attend this special sobor up todate with what was happened in South Bound Brook.

A very moving experience for me. 
Axios Axios Axios!
Father H
Archon

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 07:04:19 PM »

In one day we experienced sadness and mourning remembering Metropolitan Constantine of blessed memory; solemnity when we realized the gravity of what was occurring before us; and joy at the wonderful results of the day!  It was inspiring and humbling to experience the work of the Holy Spirit, warmness and camaraderie of all the delegates and guests, who are like an extended family, and the prayerful love and support of our hierarchs! 

I'm still on a "high" and am in no hurry to come back down!  Smiley  What a great experience and I am so blessed to have been here!

Many, many, happy, successful, healthy and joyous years to His Eminence Metropolitan Elect Antony!

(More photos in the "Photos" thread - http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,44082.new.html#new)

The clergy conference was also very good on Friday.  It started with Bishop Daniel serving Liturgy with the Deans including myself.  The Bishops then discussed many things with the clergy.  I was already moved on Friday.  So when Saturday came around, was icing on the cake.  It reinvigorated me in my priesthood and pastorate. 

BTW, to all the rest of your reading this, if we were having vote on this: Liza should be official photographer for anything Orthodox.  Well done my friend!

kelly
UNSUBSCRIBED from the world
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

laughter is the best medicine

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 07:10:30 PM »

Metropolitan-Elect Antony and Bishop Daniel were at my parish today for our tenth anniversary. How amazing to have these men pray over me as a catechumen! It was a great day.

kelly and I spend all our free time collecting pictures of Russian monarchs.  Its a thing we do.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 07:27:09 PM »

I have yet to see an ordination or installation service. I would like to, one day.  Smiley

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
LizaSymonenko
Global Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 08:51:44 PM »

The clergy conference was also very good on Friday.  It started with Bishop Daniel serving Liturgy with the Deans including myself.  The Bishops then discussed many things with the clergy.  I was already moved on Friday.  So when Saturday came around, was icing on the cake.  It reinvigorated me in my priesthood and pastorate. 

BTW, to all the rest of your reading this, if we were having vote on this: Liza should be official photographer for anything Orthodox.  Well done my friend!

Smiley  Thanks, Otche!!!

It's was such a beautiful event that a "bad" photo wasn't even possible.

I can honestly say that the whole thing moved me to tears. Something special was in the air. I thought I might faint when I went up to cast my vote. The singing of the Tropar, the Chalice.... I was in awe, and completely humbled.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
arimethea
Getting too old for this
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch

Does anyone really care what you think?

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 09:22:42 AM »

Can you explain what it means to be President of the Consistory in this instance?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 09:23:32 AM by arimethea » Logged

Joseph
Father H
Archon

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 12:35:21 PM »

Can you explain what it means to be President of the Consistory in this instance?

UOCofUSA has:
Synod of Bishops
Metropolitan Council
Consistory (Bound Brook) as central church administration

GOArch has:
Synod of Bishops
Archdiocesan Council
Office of Chancellor + Office of Administration=central Church administration

OCA has:
Synod of Bishops
Metropolitan Council
Chancery (Syosset)--central church administration

podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 01:52:33 PM »

Axios! Both men are wonderful pastors and excellent Bishops. Metropolitan-elect Antony is a warm and real human being. Excellent choices!
LizaSymonenko
Global Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 04:31:12 PM »

Sorry....I couldn't resist posting a photo of both of my hierarchs.  Smiley

—St. Isaac of Syria
Gorazd
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: The Ecumenical Patriarchate of Istanbul and Chambésy

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 07:17:09 PM »

Mnohaya lita! Many years!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: