Author Topic: New UOC USA primate  (Read 1116 times)

Offline mike

• Stratopedarches
New UOC USA primate
« on: October 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM »
Facebook says Archbishop Anthony (Sharba) of Hierapolis will be the next primate of the UOC USA.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 04:44:40 PM by Michał Kalina »
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

not everything I typed before [insert current date] may reflect my current views on the subject

Offline Monk Vasyl

• High Elder
    • Web site of our parish, St. Andrew UOCof USA
Re: New UOC USA primate
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 08:28:02 PM »
That is true and His Grace, Bishop Daniel has been elected to replace His Eminence as the President of the Consistory.  AXIOS!  The Facebook feed was able to keep those of us unable to attend this special sobor up todate with what was happened in South Bound Brook.
The unworthy hierodeacon, Vasyl

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 08:08:35 AM »
I was there!  Whooo hoooo!!!!

Never experienced anything like it, before!

In one day we experienced sadness and mourning remembering Metropolitan Constantine of blessed memory; solemnity when we realized the gravity of what was occurring before us; and joy at the wonderful results of the day!  It was inspiring and humbling to experience the work of the Holy Spirit, warmness and camaraderie of all the delegates and guests, who are like an extended family, and the prayerful love and support of our hierarchs! 

I'm still on a "high" and am in no hurry to come back down!  :)  What a great experience and I am so blessed to have been here!

Many, many, happy, successful, healthy and joyous years to His Eminence Metropolitan Elect Antony!

Axios!  Axios!  Axios!!!  .....a truly, truly worthy servant of God.

(More photos in the "Photos" thread - http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,44082.new.html#new)

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline Father H

• Archon
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Nea Roma
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 06:56:46 PM »
That is true and His Grace, Bishop Daniel has been elected to replace His Eminence as the President of the Consistory.  AXIOS!  The Facebook feed was able to keep those of us unable to attend this special sobor up todate with what was happened in South Bound Brook.

A very moving experience for me. 
Axios Axios Axios!

Offline Father H

• Archon
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 07:04:19 PM »

In one day we experienced sadness and mourning remembering Metropolitan Constantine of blessed memory; solemnity when we realized the gravity of what was occurring before us; and joy at the wonderful results of the day!  It was inspiring and humbling to experience the work of the Holy Spirit, warmness and camaraderie of all the delegates and guests, who are like an extended family, and the prayerful love and support of our hierarchs! 

I'm still on a "high" and am in no hurry to come back down!  :)  What a great experience and I am so blessed to have been here!

Many, many, happy, successful, healthy and joyous years to His Eminence Metropolitan Elect Antony!

(More photos in the "Photos" thread - http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,44082.new.html#new)

The clergy conference was also very good on Friday.  It started with Bishop Daniel serving Liturgy with the Deans including myself.  The Bishops then discussed many things with the clergy.  I was already moved on Friday.  So when Saturday came around, was icing on the cake.  It reinvigorated me in my priesthood and pastorate. 

BTW, to all the rest of your reading this, if we were having vote on this: Liza should be official photographer for anything Orthodox.  Well done my friend!

Offline kelly

• UNSUBSCRIBED
  • Archon
  • St. Olga Nikolaevna
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Alpaca ministries
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 07:10:30 PM »
Metropolitan-Elect Antony and Bishop Daniel were at my parish today for our tenth anniversary. How amazing to have these men pray over me as a catechumen! It was a great day.
"But we must live in the world, having peace in our soul. We must live amidst strangers; we must suffer, struggle, and firmly believe. We must seek our consolation in prayer and not doubt the love and compassion of God. He is above everyone and everything."

This user posts here but probably shouldn't.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 07:27:09 PM »
I have yet to see an ordination or installation service. I would like to, one day.  :)

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 08:51:44 PM »

The clergy conference was also very good on Friday.  It started with Bishop Daniel serving Liturgy with the Deans including myself.  The Bishops then discussed many things with the clergy.  I was already moved on Friday.  So when Saturday came around, was icing on the cake.  It reinvigorated me in my priesthood and pastorate. 

BTW, to all the rest of your reading this, if we were having vote on this: Liza should be official photographer for anything Orthodox.  Well done my friend!

:)  Thanks, Otche!!!

It's was such a beautiful event that a "bad" photo wasn't even possible.

I can honestly say that the whole thing moved me to tears. Something special was in the air. I thought I might faint when I went up to cast my vote. The singing of the Tropar, the Chalice.... I was in awe, and completely humbled.
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline arimethea

• Getting too old for this
  • Section Moderator
  • Archon
  • Does anyone really care what you think?
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 09:22:42 AM »

Can you explain what it means to be President of the Consistory in this instance?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 09:23:32 AM by arimethea »
Joseph

Offline Father H

• Archon
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 12:35:21 PM »

Can you explain what it means to be President of the Consistory in this instance?

UOCofUSA has:
Synod of Bishops
Metropolitan Council
Consistory (Bound Brook) as central church administration

GOArch has:
Synod of Bishops
Archdiocesan Council
Office of Chancellor + Office of Administration=central Church administration

OCA has:
Synod of Bishops
Metropolitan Council
Chancery (Syosset)--central church administration

Offline podkarpatska

• Merarches
  • Pokrov
    • ACROD (home)
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 01:52:33 PM »
Axios! Both men are wonderful pastors and excellent Bishops. Metropolitan-elect Antony is a warm and real human being. Excellent choices!

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 04:31:12 PM »

Sorry....I couldn't resist posting a photo of both of my hierarchs.  :)

—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline Gorazd

• OC.net guru
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 07:17:09 PM »
Mnohaya lita! Many years!